Palo brunch versus dinner

We agree. But note, the mushroom risotto is no longer on the menu (at least on the Magic when we sailed in January). Also, you must order the antipasti from the appetizer selections (we still order our own appetizers as well), so it is only served upon request.

We will definite order the antipasti.
I forgot they added a polenta, which is delicious.

Wait, whaaaat??? Palo dinner no longer serves the antipasti cart? That was always a highlight for us, something we don't experience anywhere else and my favorite part of the meal. So, if you order it from the appetizer menu, do they still roll out the cart, or just bring you a plate? I know you can get the goodies at Cove, but it's not the same. I'm disappointed... we're set for our 10th DCL cruise in May, and little by little they seem to be taking away the details that make it special. But I guess that's a discussion for another thread! 😊

Wait, whaaaat??? Palo dinner no longer serves the antipasti cart? That was always a highlight for us, something we don't experience anywhere else and my favorite part of the meal. So, if you order it from the appetizer menu, do they still roll out the cart, or just bring you a plate? I know you can get the goodies at Cove, but it's not the same. I'm disappointed... we're set for our 10th DCL cruise in May, and little by little they seem to be taking away the details that make it special. But I guess that's a discussion for another thread! 😊
Still roll out the cart and prepare it the same as before. It's just not automatically a part of the dining experience. Don't worry, your server will be happy to prepare an antipasti plate just the way he/she did on earlier cruises. Just tell the server you'd like to start with the antipasti then move on to ordering your appetizers, entrees, etc.

Still roll out the cart and prepare it the same as before. It's just not automatically a part of the dining experience. Don't worry, your server will be happy to prepare an antipasti plate just the way he/she did on earlier cruises. Just tell the server you'd like to start with the antipasti then move on to ordering your appetizers, entrees, etc.
Awesome, thank you! I have no problem requesting it - that's actually a great way to do it since not everyone wants it. Just happy to hear that little touch of Disney Magic is still available!

We have done both — 3 times.
If I had to pick I’d go with Brunch. Dinner takes away another usually great dinner.

They didn't bring out the antipasti cart on our recent cruise like they have before. As much as I love the antipasti, I was kind of glad because I have trouble eating both an appetizer and entree (and souffle) if I have the antipasti. We were selecting wine, chatting with the sommelier (who we'd met earlier in two different alcohol tastings), chatting with our server (who'd been our server for brunch) and talking to each other so it was only after I finished the entree that I realized they hadn't brought the cart by and figured it was a change to previous meals. Like I said - I love it, but I didn't miss it as I wasn't feeling like I was going to burst by the time I finished the souffle which I usually am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter