Palo is featured in Disney Magazine!

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
It also includes the recipe for the Chocolate Souffle!

Here goes!

3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing souffle cups
6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for greasing souffle cups
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
2 ounces (1/3 cup) semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs separated

Preheat oven to 350 deg and set a full kettle of water to boil.

Butter 6 four ounce souffle cups and coat with sugar. Set aside. Bring the milk to a boil. Melt butter in med sausepan over med heat. Add flour and cocoa to butt and beat with whisk until smooth pastelike consistancy. reduce heat and let stand 1 min. Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth, blend melted chocolate, set aside for 5 min then stir in egg yolks

In a sep bowl beat egg whites until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined. Pour the batter into the cups and place the cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the souffle cups. Bake for 20 mins. Serve immediately with Vanilla and/or choco sauce

Vanilla - 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, 3 tbls sugar, 2 small egg yolks
Bring Cream and vanilla bean to low boil over med heat. Combine sugar and yolks. Add 2 spoons of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3-4 mins.

Chocolate - 1/4 c boiling water, 4 tbls sugar, 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped, 3 tbls cocoa
Bring water and sugar to boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Cover pan and let sit a few min until melted. Stir in cocoa until smooth

Bon Apetit!
Scratch

:smooth:

What a great dessert! My husband and I had it on our cruise last November...reading the recipe brings back delicous memories!

Thanks for the recipe!

Yum yum. I just gained 7lbs just by looking at this receipe.

Oh the memories of that delicious Chocolate Souffle :).

My husband was SO great for me for mothers day I think I will surprise him this weekend and make this... he LOVED it on the cruise.. thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter