Park Admission for Members/ Other Destinations

lumberman

Earning My Ears
First off I would really like to thank all who respond to these postings! I haven't purchased yet but with feedback like this it makes it easier to pull the trigger especially when you know the responses you get are genuine.

My first question is what do most members do for park admission? I know you can get the AP at a discounted rate but do members get a break if you buy daily, weekly? I doubt we will go much more than once a year and to be honest I look forward to just relaxing at the resorts versus running to the parks everyday. On my last trip I never stopped for 6 days and ran the kids and my wife crazy.

Finally in reading most posts I see that most DVC members do Disney but to what extend are the other destinations used? (Europe/ Hawaii/ Etc.) I love the world now with young kids but sometime down the line I think other destinations would be of value.

Thanks again and I can't wait to here the words welcome home.

I can't address your second question, because we have another timeshare that we use for trading into other places, and haven't tried to trade through Disney with our DVC. Many people on this forum will tell you that it isn't the best way to use your points, however, my opinion is they are your points and if you want to trade and go someplace besides Disney do it! Enjoy your points in whatever way you want.

The question about park admission, I can give you some ideas. We only do the AP when we know for sure we will be going for more than seven days and doing the parks alot of those days. We have a trip in September and one in December coming up, so we are thinking about the AP discount. We also like the Disney Dining Experience because we feel like we don't eat as much food with this versus the Disney Dining Plan. If we aren't sure of our trips, we buy a discounted Park Hopper (non-expiring) ticket for as many days as we can afford at the time and then we use them for several trips.

I am sure you will get alot of answers from everyone, but these are just a couple of ideas.

Good luck and enjoy!

My wife and I buy premium annual passes.
These are both cost effective, and convenient. As btrim has pointed out, the DDE is a great perk to having an AP. That alone pays for the ENTIRE cost of our PAPs. In addition there are great discounts on WDW Resorts.
Now, the convenience... We also enjoy the laid back aspect of WDW. We enjoy hanging at the resort without running to a park at 0'dark thirty. With the AP/PAP, you can stroll into a park just for dinner or fireworks, and not worry about wasting a day on your ticket.

As for my wife and I visiting other destinations... we don't do that.
Because of my job I constantly visit every city in the US, some of Canada, most of the Caribbean, some of Mexico, Bermuda, and the Bahamas.
I have yet to find a place I want to spend my vacation other than WDW or DLR. :)

MG

Thanks for the response. I'm new to all this so if you wouldn't mind explaining what the Disney Dining Experience I would really appreciate it. The last time we were in WDW we did the dining plan which was to much. I think I gained 10lbs. Don't get me wrong it was great and we got our money's worth since we did a character meal almost every day but I don't think I would do it again.

Also do they have a spot that has all the abbrevations that people use. I have no clue what some are. Like what is PAP?

THANKS

Yes, there is an abbreviation list somewhere, but I'm not sure where...
PAP is premium annual pass. AP is annual pass.

The DDE (Disney Dining Experience) is only available to Florida residents and AP/PAP holders.
The cost is $60 for passholders. It entitles you to a 20% discount at the vast majority of table service restaurants, including those at Vero Beach. Some counter service restaurants also offer the discount.
One big bonus as opposed to other discounts, is all booze also receives the discount... even if you just go to the hotel bar.
My wife and I eat mostly at table service places (we don't have kids), and we always have drinks or nice wine.

Over the course of 3 trips a year, and after Vero Beach is factored in, we save $1000 a year with the DDE. :thumbsup2

MG

Note that perks do change. There's always been some sort of admission discount, but the current AP one is about three (?) years old. Before that it was a 10 or 20% discount on UPHs. In the early days it was free admission for - as I recall - at least some of your party. But no perks are guarenteed, they are perks and subject to being pulled at DVC's discretion.

I miss the UPH discount - we don't go often enough for APs to make sense (usually - my husband actually went on an extra trip one year and had one). But the MYW tickets are cheaper than what we used to pay for UPHs WITH the discount, so I can't complain too much.

Likewise, trade options are not guarenteed and change in cost and availability over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter