• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park character question: CHILDREN DON'T LOOK!!!

perla75

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering about character costumes. What part of the character's face do you see out of? Are you looking through the character's mouth area? and how do you breathe?

Thanks!:goodvibes

They see out of the eyes.

That's BECAUSE THEY'RE REAL. :bitelip:

sorry, i just had to follow suit

I don't know what you are talking about either with "costumes". It is true some of them have had vision issues.
However if there are physical challenges to our favorite characters, Disney has thought of everything.

For vision problems, a resident optician can be called upon. This has happened when sleeping Beauty has woken up and has too much sleep in her eyes.

If animal characters have trouble there is a special vet on hand for animals such as Mickey, Pluto etc. Even the Little Mermaid benefits from a marine biologist's special care. I have NEVER noticed scale issues with her the many times we have visited her cavern. Mickey has been known to get his foot caught in traps going after cheese. Just his weakness and Walt was very worried about this in the early years. Now those big black shoes have reinforced steel in the toes.

A plastic surgeon is available for Captain Hook and Peter Pan who often have nasty accidents with fights involving swords and artificial hooks.

A ghost whisperer has been called many times to work with the folks at the Haunted House. I know I am forgetting other special needs but that is some that come to mind.

I don't know what you are talking about either with "costumes". It is true some of them have had vision issues.
However if there are physical challenges to our favorite characters, Disney has thought of everything.

For vision problems, a resident optician can be called upon. This has happened when sleeping Beauty has woken up and has too much sleep in her eyes.

If animal characters have trouble there is a special vet on hand for animals such as Mickey, Pluto etc. Even the Little Mermaid benefits from a marine biologist's special care. I have NEVER noticed scale issues with her the many times we have visited her cavern. Mickey has been known to get his foot caught in traps going after cheese. Just his weakness and Walt was very worried about this in the early years. Now those big black shoes have reinforced steel in the toes.

A plastic surgeon is available for Captain Hook and Peter Pan who often have nasty accidents with fights involving swords and artificial hooks.

A ghost whisperer has been called many times to work with the folks at the Haunted House. I know I am forgetting other special needs but that is some that come to mind.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Wonderful, wonderful, response!

A combination of radar and internalized GPS tracking built into a microscopic chip imbedded in their ear.......

I understand the question. The OP is just confused in their words. Mickey's tuxedo is C-L-O-T-H-E-S, not a C-O-S-T-U-M-E. Although sometimes he does don a costume for MNSSHP and a Santa suit for MVMCP. Donald wears a sailor's suit (sans pants), again, not a costume, but I can see where the confusion arises, he's not really a sailor.

My wife puts clothes on our dogs all the time, and I used to make the same mistake, but she corrected me as well. They're just wearing clothes for animals.

Wendy darling is wearing PJ's BTW, again, not a costume, but a bit risque if you ask me.

They see out of the eyes.

That's BECAUSE THEY'RE REAL. :bitelip:

sorry, i just had to follow suit

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Those made my day.

:rotfl2: and the winner is!!!....Diser with lots of pixie dust pixiedust:
this was awesome...that's why I love this boards :lmao:
we dont let anyone lose the magic!!

Oh joy, the wonderful "what costumes" replies. Oh how I loathe them.

It depends on the character. Baloo has it right on his neck, Eeyore has his slot under his mouth (looking down, it's really weird!), Rafiki has it out of his eyes (as do most other costumes), Some have it for the mouth, but I can't think of any. Frollo has a really weird one, I forget why though.

I don't notice them until I look back on the pictures, and if I don't otice I doubt little kids will. They are usually very discreet, with an exception or two.

HAHA too cute!!!!

I think they can see through the mouth. I have heard that before.

They see out of their eyes, of course.

And they only wear costumes during Halloween. Although, some of them don't wear anything, period, even then (like Baloo, Terk, and King Louie, for example).

I was curious too perla75! Sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for!

I did actually!:goodvibes A few very nice ADULTS PM'd me ;)

Here is the answer:

"It depends on the character. Baloo has it right on his neck, Eeyore has his slots on his eyes, Rafiki also has it out of his eyes (as do most other costumes), Some have it for the mouth, but I can't think of any. Frollo has a really weird one, I forget why though.

You don't notice them until you look back on the pictures. They are usually very discreet, with an exception or two."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter