Park hours in December

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
I know MK will close at 6:00 for the MVMCP, but what do the other parks do? We will not be doing the party on the day that we are in MK, so I was curious if the other parks would still be open for awhile.

Epcot, World Showcase will be open until 9pm, as will some attractions in Future World (namely Mission: Space and Test Track). MGM will be open till maybe 7 or 8, depending on when Fantasmic is scheduled. Animal Kingdom will close before dark, probably 5 or 6.

Actually Epcot stays open until 9:30pm in December, with Illuminations at 9:30pm because the last Candlelight Processional does not end until around 9:00.

After reviewing l/y's December's hours for Christmas week, it occured to me that since the last MVMCP for the season this year is on the 19th (L/Y it reflected MVMCP all they way through 12/27)...could that mean that during Christmas week this year MK will be shutting down early - like at 6pm? And could that be the reason why AP resort rates were so deeply discounted for that week?

Vicki,

I thought the schedule was pretty confusing too, but "MVMCP" means 2 different things in this case. There is the MVMCP which is the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, which is held in the evenings on select dates beginning in late Nov. through mid-Dec. Then, after the last Party is held, the MK daytime parade becomes the MVMCP, or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade. At least I *think* this is the case. I'm planning on the parks operating during similar hours this Christmas...:D

As for the AP resort rates being deeply discounted, I'm not really sure, but so many are taking advantage of the FTP and the Military Salute offers this summer/fall that maybe Christmas bookings were way down. I can only hope (since we are going at that time...;) )!!

Thanks Local Girl...I'm hoping you're right. I have another question. During that week, do you think it's wise to do the EMH for those parks that have it or do non-EMH parks?? We've only gone off season and really never had to be so attentive to such details.

Thanks

Vicki

Vicki,

I'm afraid I can't advise you about EMH. We're staying offsite and will therefore stay far, far away from any park on it's EMH day! :p If I were staying onsite, however, I would consider going to EMH, but would definitely plan on leaving the park when the crowds swell. It seems from what I've read here that EMHs have been kind of crowded lately though, maybe because the resorts have been filled with FTP folks--? Perhaps someone who has been at Christmas and has used EMH at that time could better advise you...

Have a great trip! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter