Park tickets thru Airmiles...how to link?

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
I used the Onyx personal shopper to buy a one day park ticket and I received the confirmation number by email. When I try to link it to MDE, it tells me it is already linked to someone. Any ideas how to link to me without calling WDW ticketing and waiting on hold for hours?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, I'm having the same problem. I called "Travel Brands" (the ones who issued the voucher) and they said i have to call Disney. Am about to call....but the woman on the phone said oh you have to take the voucher to the gate to exchange for a ticket...and I was like ummmm you have to make park reservations now, that is NOT OK! Will let you know what I find out.

Did you get the PDF with the WDW Confirmation number? I know I had trouble when I went in October getting the proper information from the travel people. I did eventually get the proper pdf and was able to link it with that number though.

What a nightmare this has become....was on hold with Travel Brands, couldn't help, called Red tag..they don't know what they are talking about, told me i have to call disney...currently a 4 hour wait!! Nobody knows what they are talking about!!

Did you get the PDF with the WDW Confirmation number? I know I had trouble when I went in October getting the proper information from the travel people. I did eventually get the proper pdf and was able to link it with that number though.
How did you get the proper PDF? Who did you call to get that?

I just recently redeemed for one of our four tickets that we need and I had to link the ticket through MDE, not through the app. I got an initial email from Air Miles/RedTag confirming my order. The next morning I got an email from RLV - Electronic Tickets with my voucher. I entered the WDW Confirmation listed on that PDF into MDE and was able to link my tickets with no issues. The confirmation started with WDPU and then 8 digits afterwards. If that's what you're using and it's coming up that it's already linked, I think you're doing the right thing by calling Disney.

How did you get the proper PDF? Who did you call to get that?

I called and emailed redtag, there was an email in the order confirmation and a phone number to call for issues. It was a lengthy process though

Be aware that two DIFFERENT scenarios are being discussed here!
I used the Onyx personal shopper to buy a one day park ticket and I received the confirmation number by email. When I try to link it to MDE, it tells me it is already linked to someone. Any ideas how to link to me without calling WDW ticketing and waiting on hold for hours?

Thanks
This is a bit troubling for sure but should be an easy-ish fix. Personal Shoppers work under a similar model to any of the personal shoppers in grocery stores (NOT things like PC or Grocery gateway, but like Instacart) and it sounds like the person assigned to get your ticket gave their name instead of yours. You should call the dedicated line for ONYX members - used to be this number, give it a try and explain the requirement for the ticket to be in your name.
1-844-399-ONYX (6699)
The fix would involve "friending" them or calling the dedicated number for EXSISTING tickets at Disney. It is usually answered quickly and they might be able to provide some help

Existing Tickets
(407) 934-7639

What a nightmare this has become....was on hold with Travel Brands, couldn't help, called Red tag..they don't know what they are talking about, told me i have to call disney...currently a 4 hour wait!! Nobody knows what they are talking about!!

You're dealing with an entirely different beast here! There are several threads on the boards about this issue, specifically related to Universal but the same is happening with Disney. Sorry I can't give you any actual suggestions, but others have dealt with this.

Be aware that two DIFFERENT scenarios are being discussed here!

This is a bit troubling for sure but should be an easy-ish fix. Personal Shoppers work under a similar model to any of the personal shoppers in grocery stores (NOT things like PC or Grocery gateway, but like Instacart) and it sounds like the person assigned to get your ticket gave their name instead of yours. You should call the dedicated line for ONYX members - used to be this number, give it a try and explain the requirement for the ticket to be in your name.
1-844-399-ONYX (6699)
The fix would involve "friending" them or calling the dedicated number for EXSISTING tickets at Disney. It is usually answered quickly and they might be able to provide some help

Existing Tickets
(407) 934-7639

Thanks Donald, you're correct my issue is with tickets bought through a personal shopper with Onyx rather than the ones from redtag. I had to go with Onyx because redtag only has 3 days and more available and I only needed one day.

As an update, I heard back from Onyx and the personal shopper is going to reach out to Disney to straighten it out. They asked for my MDE profile info. I think they linked it to a new MDE profile in my name so it just needs to be transferred over.

Fingers crossed they can resolve for me. I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks Donald, you're correct my issue is with tickets bought through a personal shopper with Onyx rather than the ones from redtag. I had to go with Onyx because redtag only has 3 days and more available and I only needed one day.

As an update, I heard back from Onyx and the personal shopper is going to reach out to Disney to straighten it out. They asked for my MDE profile info. I think they linked it to a new MDE profile in my name so it just needs to be transferred over.

Fingers crossed they can resolve for me. I'll let you know the outcome.
how did this work out for you? I'm currently with the same problem. They got 2 tickets for an after hour event but have linked them to a different account. I sent an email to let them know but haven't heard back yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter