Parking at the BW/Father with ECV?

TurnR@TheMouseHouse

Mouseketeer
Well I'm still planning the Christmas trip with my father to see the lights. I would like to get the dinner package for the Candle Light Procession. I'm thinking of the 5 PM show and dinner after.

I was thinking that we might be better off parking at the BW parking lot (the one if you are not a hotel guest) and entering through the International Gateway. We don't plan to do much more that evening but the dinner and the show.

For those with ECV experience, is this a good plan? I am not sure where the parking lot is located and if it would be just as far as coming in through FW.

Also can anyone with experience tell me how people using ECV's are directed into the seating area. My father can get up and walk, I just don't think he can stand in line for an hour, like I've heard can happen, dinner package or not.

TurnR@TheMouseHouse said:
I was thinking that we might be better off parking at the BW parking lot (the one if you are not a hotel guest) and entering through the International Gateway. We don't plan to do much more that evening but the dinner and the show.
For those with ECV experience, is this a good plan? I am not sure where the parking lot is located and if it would be just as far as coming in through FW.
It would be a longer hike from the BW parking lot through the hotel and then to American Gardens Theater vial International Gateway than from disabled parking and through the front of the park.

Also can anyone with experience tell me how people using ECV's are directed into the seating area. My father can get up and walk, I just don't think he can stand in line for an hour, like I've heard can happen, dinner package or not.
First of all there is a separate line for people with packages. If he can transfer, they will have him park the ECV off to the side (in a location where it will not interfere with the procession) after he gets in to the Theater itself.

I agree with Cheshire Figment. I also think it's farther.
Bedides that, when you enter BW Inn, you are actually 1 flight above the Boardwalk area. So, when you come in, you have to find the elevator to travel down to Boardwalk level.

Been there, done that, you shouldn't do it unless you have your own wheelchair or ECV already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter