• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking ECV while riding monorail

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
I will be renting an ECV from an outside company in December. I am able to walk short distances. We would like to hop on the monorail to check out the displays at the different monorail hotels. Is there a place at Magic Kingdom that I could leave my ECV while I am hotel hopping? I know that I can ride the monorail with the ECV, but I wouldn’t mind not using it while I am resort hopping. Thanks!

You could park inside MK anywhere there is stroller and Evc parking.
I use a scooter and cannot walk long distances. I would take it on the monorail if I was going explore resorts. If I was going to stay in the main buildings, then I would consider parking it at MK.

Yeah, thinking back to the last time I did a Christmas monorail hop, we ended up doing a lot of walking while at the resorts.

I will be renting an ECV from an outside company in December. I am able to walk short distances. We would like to hop on the monorail to check out the displays at the different monorail hotels. Is there a place at Magic Kingdom that I could leave my ECV while I am hotel hopping? I know that I can ride the monorail with the ECV, but I wouldn’t mind not using it while I am resort hopping. Thanks!

You can ask at the MK scooter/wheelchair counter, and see if they would let you leave it there. They aren’t obligated to keep it for you, but before you leave the scooter behind, consider this:

The walk from the train station tunnels to the monorail station is *not* short, and it goes down a gentle slope to the base of a steep ramp. Additionally, there are times when you may have to wait in line, even while standing on the ramp.

Perhaps consider another alternative: Ride the scooter on the Monorail, and then ask Bell Services at each hotel if you can leave the scooter with them while you explore. That way, if you need it, it’s nearby - and if for some reason you decide to not return to MK, you don’t have to go back for the scooter.

Just a thought…

Technically you could leave it in one of the designated scooter parking areas in MK.

My concern would be ‘Best laid plans’ and all that. Something can change where you may not want to return to MK. The resorts might be harder to navigate than you hoped and it’s either rough it or go back and get ECV.

I think whatever benefit to leaving it behind is outweighed by the risk of regret.

I 100% agree with not leaving the scooter at MK for the reasons mentioned above. Much better to park at one of the resorts, even if you then hop on the monorail to explore the other hotels. Much easier to return to a resort area later, including by Uber/Lyft.

Also, it’s very easy to travel on the monorail with a scooter so another alternative would be to do that and just park at each resort before you explore there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter