Parks Game! Part 9! Keep Playing! Because If You Don't...You'll Be Sorry!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Dont eat turkey (it's yucky)

Eat some ham for me!!!!! :p

MBabe - I didn't know about the airport on WDW. I can't find it on any FAA sectionals. Umm...

Granny was mostly correct. They blocked off World Drive and landed Mickey One there. Then they lifted it by crane into its current location.

So a High Flying AAQ to you Granny!

Kilimanjaro Safari Offices are located in Nairobi, Mombasa and Arusha.

Todd... I think it is a private airstrip that may be why you are un aware of it. I understand if someone lands there, even in an emergency they are not allowed to fly out, the plane is confiscated, dismantled and removed from the property. :rolleyes:

Happy Thanksgiving PG Players!

marty.... I'll say the offices are located in Orlando ;)

I would like to take a moment to give Thanks for all of you and the smiles of joy you all give me on a daily basis. You are a wonderful group of people! ::yes::

:wave2:

JamesD swoops in and picks up a geographical AAQ! Nice going!

You're up!

And Happy Thanksgiving!! :bounce:

about the airstrip - I also though I heard about the airstrip - but I tried to find it on the satellite images and I can't. Maybe it was there before - but I think it's gone now. Here's the link if anyone wants to try to find it:

Satellite View

Ah, marty3d there it is, plain as day, parallel to World Drive, adjacent to the MK parking lot. You can see it pretty clearly on these images: Airstrip Image

Wow... James you are good!!!

Do you happen to remember this bit of trivia.... I remember hearing that there were/are rumble strips on the runway that are create a popular Disney tune, what was that song?

Note: I can't remeber the answer so this isn't an "official" question ;)

Here's an official one for you all this rainy Black Friday morning....

Name the Trains that make up the Magic Kingdom's WDWRR?

:p

MBabe - i believe the rumor is that it plays 'when you wish upon a star' -- the same as the horns on the disney cruises.

As far as the trains:

Lilly Belle (2-6-0)
Walter E Disney (4-6-0)
Roger E Broggie (4-6-0)
Roy O Disney (4-4-0)

adamb

MBabe, I thought the song, according to legend and the www.hiddenmickeys.org site, was Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!
While I'm at it, I'll throw out a question:
Which of the Fab-Five characters does not have a parking section named after them in the MK lot?

JamesD - I am fairly certain that I have not seen a Mickey lot -- Although that seems odd that he wouldn't have one.. but that is my guess. Am I right? :)

adamb

Yes Adam, there is no Mickey Mouse section in the MK parking lot.
I award you a slow but sure tram AAQ!

:wave: Thanks James!

Adam.... You know your Railroad! ::yes::

An Engineers hat AAQ card to Adam!

:p

Hi all!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy belated Thanksgiving!

I am thankful that I have the CC to hang out in in both good times and bad....it's a great group of friends here...:)

I'm also thankful that even though life has taken me away from the CC much more than it should have lately (everything is fine...just too much stuff to do) I am glag y'all still allow me to play here :)

Anyway...that's all...I'm at my folks house, and won't be home until Sunday, but I had to check in and say hi :)

And judging that this is on page 145, looks like I'll have to get busy drawing the new CC...look for that on Sunday :)

OK...have a great weekend, avoid the mall..:p

See ya soon!

you know i have got to be the worst at reading through these posts... everything i know has already been answered yet i still answer then anyway because i cant figure out how to scroll...

im a loser haha

Hey Gang!!!

I am just back from the "World"!!!!!! I am back at work today while Pixie is STILL driving home.

The week was great. The weather was perfect...it waited until the last day before turning cold...

Pixie has a bunch of pictures that she took while getting very strange looks from people around us...it's not often someone takes pictures of ALL the props in the Muppet pre-show...be warned, the questions will be coming!!! :smooth:

I was hoping to find someone in the CC today but I guess everyone is still sleeping off their turkey. I went back a couple of pages and did not see any open questions...although I have been known to miss things that are right in front of me...:rolleyes:

I'll check back later, I've got to get some of MY pics out to find a new question to post.

:wave: hi all... I GOT VISITED BY THE TAG FAIRY!!!!!!!!!
yay,yay,yay,yay!!! i feel like part of the group. this year i was thankful for my kids, my health, my family and the tag fairy!! life is good!!!
hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, and enjoyed some exciting shopping days, and since i have no AAQ card, i will brush up on some trivia and wait for the next question to come!!!!
:hyper:

Good Morning CCers!! Hope you all had a great Turkey Day!

Our poor little thread was buried so I'll toss out a softball to get us back on the front page of the board.

Name the lands in the Magic Kingdom that are directly off the "hub" on Main Street.

MCMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter