Passports Required on Disney Wish for Caribbean?

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
Someone just told me that you are required to have passports for a Caribbean cruise on the Wish. Is this true?

Attachments

• 362263254_10161101506183134_2072026311646169351_n.jpg
    362263254_10161101506183134_2072026311646169351_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 20
No, passports are not required for US residents on closed loop cruises on the Wish.

The Bahamas, Caribbean, Pacific Coast, Bermuda or Canada – Round Trip Cruises​

Sailing from/to: Port Canaveral, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, San Diego, San Juan, New Orleans and New York

The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on your cruise itinerary.

Travelers can visit the US State Department's website for more information. All documents must be valid for the entire length of the voyage, unless otherwise noted. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding. When dropping off luggage upon arrival, please keep all documents in your possession to present during check-in at the terminal.

US Citizens (Including Children)

• Original valid US Passport
  • Original valid US Passport Card
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, FAST)
OR
  • Original or copy of their state-issued birth certificate AND a physical Government-issued photo ID (digital/mobile state-issued IDs are not acceptable to sail)
    1. Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
    2. Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable
  • Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State AND a physical Government-issued photo ID (digital/mobile state-issued IDs are not acceptable to sail)
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services AND a physical Government-issued photo ID (digital/mobile state-issued IDs are not acceptable to sail)
Children 15 years of age and younger are required to present one of the documents listed above, but do not need to present a Government-issued photo ID.

Social Security Cards and Global Entry are not acceptable proof of US citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the US

US Legal Permanent Residents

Guests who are legal permanent residents of the US must present a valid original Permanent Resident Card. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Canadian Citizens (Including Children)

• Original valid Canadian Passport
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Program (NEXUS, FAST)

Citizens of All Other Countries (Including Children), Except for the Sailings Highlighted Below

• Original valid Passport
Many countries require an entry based on your nationality. It is each Guest's responsibility to identify and obtain all the necessary visas before the cruise begins.

If your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program, it is required to have a valid machine-readable passport and obtain 72-hour advance travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding carriers by air or sea to the US under the Visa Waiver Program. A copy of the approved ESTA application should be brought with you when traveling. View a list of applicable countries and registration requirements. Guests should be prepared to present a copy of their I-94 arrival record upon request. A digital copy of this record can be obtained at the US Customs and Border Protection website.

This!! My son in law wonders how we cruise without a passport. He thinks we are not allowed off ship at ports either. He has never been on a cruise. LOL
On wish last April, we use BC/DL. At ports room card/DL to get on and off ship.

On my cruise to Bermuda I provided a driver's license and my birth certificate and there were no issues. It was not on Disney, but the rules should still be the same.

You don't have to have a passport.....but, if you need medical care or need to fly home for an emergency you may have real issues. Better safe than lazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter