Past the 100 day blahs...our First Family Dream cruise/WDW Trip awaits!!!

PixarPrincess

Earning My Ears
We're officially 81 days from the cruise now and I'm sooooo excited! (Feburary 2, 2014 sail date).

Pre-cruise sail away gifts have been distributed, and the whole family is getting excited for our upcoming dream vacation!

Just some more background on our family. Me(35), The Disney Vet & Fan (can you believe this is my first DCL Cruise...shame on me for not going sooner!), DH(34) the poor soul who didn't experience Disney parks until he married good 'ol me :) and DS(3) who is BEYOND excited for his first visit to the Mouse-ical Kingdom and a ride on "Mickey's Boat".

See my earlier post in the pre-trip reports called: DW Vet & First time DCL Cruiser anxiously awaiting 2014 sail dates! For more background.

Our itinerary is going to be as follows:

Day 1: Arrive at MCO Hyatt from chilly Toronto (Brrrrrrrr)
Day 2: Embarkation of Disney Dream: 4 Night Cruise to the Bahamas!
Day 3: Nassau (we 'aint gettin' off! You can catch us at the Aqua Duck!)
Day 4: Port Canaveral (Soakin' in the Sun with Mickey and Friends)
Day 5: Day at Sea (who knows what kind of Tom Foolery this day will bring? Movies? Shopping? Food....and more Food...and more Food!)
Day 6: Debarkation at Port Canaveral - Transfer to Art of Animation Resort (Nemo Suites)/Downtown Disney/T-Rex ADR's
Day 7: Magic Kingdom (Rope Drop and Fantasyland here we come!!!/BOG and TTS dining)

So....back to today....just got back from a visit to Santa in the Malls, when DS turns to me and says, "O.k. Mommy - time for Mickey's boat!". I laughed and said "Not until after Christmas honey", he responds with "I know Mommy...you said after Christmas. I said hi to Santa. Christmas is done. Let's go to Mickey's Plane and Boat now". Poor kid. Still 80 sleeps until our departure. That's a lifetime for him. At least he'll be good and excited when the day finally comes.

My online check in is less than a week away, and my focus has shifted a bit to Xmas preparations. Thank goodness for the distraction as I hit the "100 day blahs" HARD (Best coined by Disney Dad of WDW Magazine -if you haven't checked his magazine out, do so...it's awesome and great for firsttimers). I seriously had planned the trip out to the nine's and there was nothing left to do to keep the fun going :sad:

Now that the blah's were past and I'm busy with Christmas :santa: , I thought I'd start up a pre-trip report again to spread the love and joy, and get my Disney mojo running again as we're in the final stretch of the countdown (Y'all know the time between Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Year's goes SUPER fast, and it's just a short wait after then!).

I do have a bit of "Pixie Dust" to spread on the holidays with a few strategically chosen travel gifts and a special delivery from Mickey himself to DS. What's a Disney Trip for a Pre-Schooler without a fun travelling friend? A soft and cuddly "Duffy" will be delivered to him on Christmas eve from Mickey, along with a story book about his creation and 3 outfits for Sailing, Pirate Night and "My First WDW Trip". I had no idea he had so many outfits to choose from! LOL....it was interesting having to choose only 3.

I digress...back to the trip! :offtopic:

Looks like the grandparents (My Mom and Stepdad), will be joining us for our WDW Magic Kingdom days as well! They have a rental home in Florida (Flagler Beach) to escape the cold Canadian winters. They leave right around boxing day and return in April once the season starts to slowly turn back to our favour. As they are only an hour drive from WDW (and we booked the Nemo Suite - lucky them), they've decided to join us for the WDW/DTD portion of the trip. DS will be so happy that Nanny and Grandpa and there to join him on Dumbo, and I'll be thrilled just to pass off kiddie duty so that DH and I can ride some thrill rides!

DS is eating his veggies (well...hidden in other food), and growing big "HULK" muscles (his own words), so that he can reach the height restrictions for some of the rides. He's already 40" tall at 3 yrs. old, and will likely sprout up a bit more before our trip. We're hoping that by early Feb when we go, that Seven Dwarfs mine train will be up and running, and he'll make the cut! Anyone know of how strict they are on the Aqua Duck with the little guys if a parent is riding with them? I think he's got 3 - 5" to go for that though, so we'll see....he's seems to shoot up overnight, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Any other Canadian's out there that have taken a Disney Cruise with their 3 or 4 yr. olds and have some good tips on favourties for the little guys?

Well - best sign off now....keep posted for a full trip report that I'll start up the day prior to our travel and will blog throughout!

Happy Holidays everyone and wishing you a "Magical Day!"

Hi there!
I am Canadian - Escape to WDW whenever I can from our cold winter months - Freak out all those from Florida when we swim out doors 8 days before Christmas. LOL AND we are going on our very first DCL in February too! But we are going on the Magic. :)

My kids are teens so no help with tips and such. ;)

Looking forward to reading more about your plans and trip

Hi there!
I am Canadian - Escape to WDW whenever I can from our cold winter months - Freak out all those from Florida when we swim out doors 8 days before Christmas. LOL AND we are going on our very first DCL in February too! But we are going on the Magic. :)

My kids are teens so no help with tips and such. ;)

Looking forward to reading more about your plans and trip

Thanks Veggie Mama! I'll certainly keep posting as we get closer and will include lots of pics (if the DisBoards will let me as I'm still quite new to the forum!). Enjoy your Magic Cruise! I think that might be our next one, so I'd love to hear how that goes too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter