Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry for the once again LONG delay… But on with the story.

After we had our photos taken all about the ship, we stopped back at our room and were greeted with a bottle of champaign. (remember, I don’t drink that!) We also had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Now that’s YUMMY! It was soon time for our dining reservation at Palo, so off we went to enjoy our special dinner.

It was actually very fun walking about the ship in my gown and people telling us congratulations! I am not one that typically likes to be noticed, but being a BRIDE was so much fun.

When we arrived at Palo we were seated at a table by the window, but on the far side of the restaurant. It was a nice table until the ‘group’ at the table behind us (really I think it was two couples) but they were loud and at times obnoxious. I really don’t remember what we had in the way of appetizers and such, but I had ordered the beef, MEDIUM. It came WELL DONE. I tried to eat it, but I cannot eat dried out food. Dale had it sent back and then I was given a piece that was barely medium (more medium rare, but at least not dried out). It was very good, but I was already in trouble. I ended up getting sick (which happens sometimes). Of course though, I still had to attempt to have some of the chocolate soufflé. When they broke it open to pour the sauce in, WOW the smell was awesome. Unfortunately it was way to rich for me and I did not get to enjoy as I had planned to for so long. We even had part of our wedding cake served (which I ate a bite of that, YUMMY, not sickening sweet).

2206818230074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We were surprised with more goodies…

2341893450074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2090885280074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After dinner we stopped down at the Lifestyle portraits. Unfortunately, the photographer was just about to take a break, so we had to come back LATER! I was a bit bummed as we were there just at the ‘end’ of the time slot, so we had to come back later and don’t you know, the photographer was LATE coming back. But we did finally get our shot!

2178808280074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Unfortunately due to the change in the schedule, it was Pirate Night so we missed all the festivities in the dining room. Our friend Dawn brought back our Pirate map/menu and our bandannas from dinner. We stopped back in our room and were greeted by this cutie.

2967875110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then decided to take a walk up on deck to see what was going on before the fireworks started. We stumbled upon this buffet (which we were way too stuffed to partake of).

2362529170074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2725456330074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

2486133980074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2508152550074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

We couldn’t get a spot close to the railing to see the festivities, but we did get to see the fireworks.

2758343910074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
2667232080074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

It had sprinkled off and of that afternoon and evening and we weren't sure if they were going to have the fireworks. Luckily it held off a bit and we had a great end to our very special day!

where is naughty Dale? I am missing his posts!
Naughty Dale? :confused3 I am like sooooo offensive. Oh i'm sorry i meant offended:rotfl2: . I may be naughty (but nice) but ONLY because i am led down that path:laughing: . I am like a stray sheep. I am trust worthy and a follower. I need to be lead and guided:cloud9: . It is YOU people that have guided me away from the nice path:woohoo: I am normally naive to the ways of the world:scared1: . I am like an Amish person set forth amongst you English. I am like a child let loose in a candy store.:rolleyes1 Give me the oppurtunity and i will run amiok and reak havick. :banana: I am like the Vikings of old. I take no prisioner. And i smell like one right now also. I haven't showered yet. Just had to read my mail on my day off. Actually i'm also doing laundry:laundy: and cleaning the house in my special uniform :scared1: . Were is Patty when you want (need) her? Some were along the line i might have contradicted myself but by being wordy you will have forgotten everything i wrote or misunderstood it. Dang i SHOULD have been President. Hey, anybody got some spare CHANGE. I could use some:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cleaning in a special uniform....oh!! the mental picture I have of Dale in heals and a french maid uniform!

Oh my goodness you two are a mess!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yea, but, you didn't deny the outfit:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :worship: Oh i'm sorry ....to much info. Now i have to self impose a ban on myself. Or, tell the truth. I never have worn one of Pattys sexy outfits. I have my own.

Hey Patricia I jsut wanted to tell you I love the picture of the both of you at PALO, you look beautiful, and you giys look so happy

Hey Patricia I jsut wanted to tell you I love the picture of the both of you at PALO, you look beautiful, and you giys look so happy

Carolina, thanks for stopping by. We had an amazing time. Please disregard the back and forth with my hubby and Betsy, the two of them are silly at times. :rotfl2: But got to love them, they keep me on my toes.

well.. It sounds like you are keep Dale on his toes with those heels!!

Oh, so that's what you get to do when the kids grow up......clean the house in a special uniform! :banana: Wait till I tell Mark....maybe he will finally start cleaning! :lmao:

:dance3: for the update. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy your food as much at Palo's as you had hoped. The dessert is really rich so I understand.

The pirate buffet looked so cute, I love all the displays! How exciting that they ended up having fireworks after all!

Oh, so that's what you get to do when the kids grow up......clean the house in a special uniform! :banana: Wait till I tell Mark....maybe he will finally start cleaning! :lmao:

:lmao: Karen, you never know what Dale will come out with. It's good to see you. How is everyone? Are you getting snow out your way?

Hi Miss Patty!

Just a few flurries, nothing sticking yet....it's so cold though......it's supposed to go down to 14 degrees tonight! :scared1: And, I"m always freezing cause I keep the heat at 63 degrees in the house so I can afford my Disney obssession! :laughing:

Thank you for asking about us.......Mark and I were in San Francisco this weekend.....We walked to and on the Golden Gate Bridge, saw the crookedest street, and went to Alcatraz....We had a really nice vacation without the kiddos and it was a non-Disney vacation to boot! What's new with you guys??

Kelly,

I'd smack hubby with a comment like that. They can be so bad sometimes, :rotfl: Congrats on your upcoming trip. We're booked for May, tentative booked for August and cant' wait to stay in our new 'home' for the first time.

My hubby definitely is ornery. I probably need to smack him a few times for that comment. :laughing:

Thanks! I am excited. I haven't made the ressie yet. I know they are offering a lot of good deals but I was hoping for a percent off discount since we are only staying there one night. Most of the room only deals have only been through the end of December. I'll probably do it soon since I don't want to wait to long.

I am so happy for you with the DVC. I need to check in to that a little. You can use it for other places besides WDW can't you?

Great update! :goodvibes

Sometimes us hubbies need (want) to be smacked around by our wifes :cool1: :lmao: As John Cougar Meloncamp once sang-----It hurts so good.:banana:

Hi Miss Patty!

Just a few flurries, nothing sticking yet....it's so cold though......it's supposed to go down to 14 degrees tonight! :scared1: And, I"m always freezing cause I keep the heat at 63 degrees in the house so I can afford my Disney obssession! :laughing:

Thank you for asking about us.......Mark and I were in San Francisco this weekend.....We walked to and on the Golden Gate Bridge, saw the crookedest street, and went to Alcatraz....We had a really nice vacation without the kiddos and it was a non-Disney vacation to boot! What's new with you guys??

Karen,

That's one of my dream trips. Some day we'll get to SF. I want to see the Golden Gate bridge (and walk/ride a bike across). I remember when I was younger and my parents went there and they went to see Alcatraz. It sounds so scary (I watch too many movies, lol). It's great to get away without the kiddies some times.

We are all well. Waiting patiently for the birth of our grand daughter Isabella Grace. One month to go (but hopefully sooner). Haven't done much in the way of Christmas shopping yet and haven't decorated at all. Hoping to get some of that done today (not the shopping part, lol). I really hate the pushy, nasty people that come out during this time of year. If you're miserable, stay home, :lmao: shop on line or something.

Well got to run, maybe I'll even get an update done in the next day or so. :scared1:

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Tell Mark Hi from us.

I hope you had a good thanksgiving together!!!

Hi Kendra,

We did have a nice Thanksgiving, it was quiet as two of the kids worked, but still nice. Hope you are doing well and had a good Thanksgiving also.

My hubby definitely is ornery. I probably need to smack him a few times for that comment. :laughing:

Thanks! I am excited. I haven't made the ressie yet. I know they are offering a lot of good deals but I was hoping for a percent off discount since we are only staying there one night. Most of the room only deals have only been through the end of December. I'll probably do it soon since I don't want to wait to long.

I am so happy for you with the DVC. I need to check in to that a little. You can use it for other places besides WDW can't you?

Great update! :goodvibes

Kelly,

I'll tell you, we never thought we'd be able to swing DVC, but we honestly never really talked about it til this past trip. I can't wait for our first trip in May! :banana: We had some prepaid visa money and some Disney rewards so we hopefully won't be paying for 'anything' that trip!!!

Sometimes us hubbies need (want) to be smacked around by our wifes :cool1: :lmao: As John Cougar Meloncamp once sang-----It hurts so good.:banana:

It's because you guys are so rotten!:laughing:

Kelly,

I'll tell you, we never thought we'd be able to swing DVC, but we honestly never really talked about it til this past trip. I can't wait for our first trip in May! :banana: We had some prepaid visa money and some Disney rewards so we hopefully won't be paying for 'anything' that trip!!!

I'll have to check into it a little more so I can pass it on to DH. I am really excited for you guys. :cool1: You need to do a trip report for your May trip with lots of pictures of the Kidani villas at AKL.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter