PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

He can figure them out but he certainly can't do the timed tests that I remember doing. I feel it would be beneficial for him to be able to memorize them. He already knows the how but apparently they don't drill in them as they used to. And I can see it takes him a lot longer to do his math homework because he has to think so long on how to do it.

Multiplication tables are HUGE!!!! As a high school math teacher, I see all the time how students get bogged down from not knowing them. You'll be doing him a big favour by making them an important part of the next weeks.

A great move by Shoppers Drug Mart! Posting this here as it may affect shopping hours of some on this board.

Basically, the first hour of each day will be limited to seniors and those requiring assistance while shopping. Great move!

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/shoppers...-to-shop-amid-covid-19-panic-buying-1.4856045
They have also eliminated some fees. This from an email I received from Galen Weston which I'm sure several of us got....

We are prepared for this, and to support those most in need, we are opening some of our stores early with dedicated hours for seniors and people living with disabilities to come before the crowds. We are also encouraging those customers who cannot shop our stores to take advantage of our e-prescribing and PC Express options like click-and-collect and home delivery. Last week we lowered delivery prices and eliminated pick up fees and, just like in our stores, we’ve seen a spike in volume.

I'll use that.

They have also eliminated some fees. This from an email I received from Galen Weston which I'm sure several of us got....

We are prepared for this, and to support those most in need, we are opening some of our stores early with dedicated hours for seniors and people living with disabilities to come before the crowds. We are also encouraging those customers who cannot shop our stores to take advantage of our e-prescribing and PC Express options like click-and-collect and home delivery. Last week we lowered delivery prices and eliminated pick up fees and, just like in our stores, we’ve seen a spike in volume.

I'll use that.
Are the eliminated pick up fees only for seniors? I hadn't heard about that for anyone.

Are the eliminated pick up fees only for seniors? I hadn't heard about that for anyone.
I believe it's for everyone. I am going to post the entire letter so you can see. Sorry I just cherry picked that one bit however here you go.

ETA--The bolded part in this letter is from them, not me. They had it bolded in the original letter.

Hi Everyone,
Things continue to move fast and change quickly.

Earlier today the Canadian Government announced they are restricting our international borders to limit the impact of COVID-19. As each of us try to understand how that will affect our daily lives, our friends, and our families, I wanted to reach out again.
Those who went shopping recently will have seen extraordinary numbers of people in stores, long lines, and aisles empty of product. This was a result of extreme levels of buying as millions of Canadians stocked up their kitchens and medicine cabinets. I’m sure the many photos of bare shelves on social media only increased your level of concern.
First and foremost. Do not worry. We are not running out of food or essential supplies. Our supply chain and store teams are responding to the spikes in volume and quickly getting the most important items back on the shelf. Volumes are already normalizing somewhat, and we are catching up. There are a few items, like hand sanitizer, that may take longer to get back, but otherwise we are in good shape.
Another concern you may have is that your supermarket or drugstore could raise prices on the items you and your family need most. Do not worry. This will not happen at our stores. We will not raise a single price on any item to take advantage of COVID-19.
Some of you may also be worried that your local Shoppers Drug Mart or supermarket could close as part of shutting down certain stores and services. Do not worry. We have been in contact with both Provincial and Federal governments. We all agree that food and drug stores are essential services and we must do what we need to in order to keep them operating and serving every community in the days and weeks ahead.
It won't be business as usual. But, you will be able to count on us. Our teams from across the country, at stores in every community, have been hard at work around the clock to live up to that commitment.
Please keep in mind our service relies on keeping them, and in turn you, safe and healthy. That is our top priority, and it may mean limiting the number of people in our stores at any given time as well as asking customers to keep a certain distance from each other while shopping to reduce the risk of making one another sick.
We are managing the rising number of orders and ramping up our systems as quickly as we can so customers can shop online with confidence. However, it will be difficult for us to meet all the additional demand, possibly limiting availability for people who are sick, in self-isolation, or at elevated risk. So, I would ask that if you are healthy, mobile, and symptom-free, please do your best to make it into the store.
All of us will face uncertainty and new challenges over the coming days. Our stores and our services will be far from perfect. But, we will do everything in our power to make sure you have what you need for yourselves and your families.
As we have more updates we will continue to communicate, online, in-store, and through our PC Optimum app.
For now, let me leave you with four things:
  1. We have the food, drugs, and essential products you need and that supply will continue even as Canada restricts its borders.
  2. We are going to make sure our stores stay up and running to serve your community.
  3. We will not, under any circumstance, change our actions or prices to take advantage of COVID-19.
  4. Please be patient with us when you are shopping, and don’t forget to practice social distancing.
Over the last few days, it has been remarkable to witness Canadians supporting one another in our aisles: Bags carried to cars. Crowds parting so young moms could check out. Cheers for speedy cashiers. Customers helping stock shelves.
One example in particular stood out. A few days ago, someone stuck a handmade sign to the front of a store. It reads “Be kind”. This is great encouragement to cap off perhaps one of the most-tense weeks of our 100 years running stores, and to help all of us prepare for what is next.
Be kind to each other. We will get through it.

So I finally got my points back BUT my account is going to remain frozen for an additional 6-7 days. I added a new card which they deleted and now I can't add another card until they unfreeze it. They changed my password AGAIN and now I've changed it so many times I don't even know what it is. I got an email stating that they had determined there was unauthorized activity and my points were being restored but I needed to change my email password and PC password which I had already done but I did it again.....now I can't send emails from my phone :confused3 it's so screwed up and I don't know how to fix it. Anyway, the email said that once I made these change I was to call them and they could complete my account update. However, the guy I spoke with couldn't do anything until they unfreeze the account, he said it was still under investigation. I also explained to him about how my first new card was deleted and the points I earned over the weekend where also gone....I said I had screen shots and a detailed list of what I was owed along with the receipt.....he said that I would also have to wait to have that corrected.

When I call back next week to hopefully finish this I plan to ask them what they are doing about security and what they are going to give me for all the hassle they have caused. I'm never one to complain to get something for free and I actually despise that attitude but after all this they owe me something. I feel like I had to fight to make this right which I never should have had to do. I was deemed non essential at work on Monday so now I'm off without pay and I would be using my points to cover groceries but I won't have access for another week.

Curious, are all schools closed until September or only high schools and post secondary! That would put a lot of stress on parents after things slow down a little if they needed to provide/find care for their younger children for an additional couple of months if things go back to normal and parents are expected back at work.
In Alberta yes all classes are cancelled until next September. First they had said the marks they had now were their final marks and would advance to the next grade and that the gr 12's would still be able to write their government finals. I believe that my sister in Saskatchewan said it was going to be the same there as well. My son said yesterday a couple of his teachers are starting to send stuff through their goggle classroom. Which makes me extremely happy. We are still going to be doing extra with him at home to make sure he is ready for Gr 12. We just want to make sure he is prepared enough to succeed next year :thumbsup2
As for childcare, we noticed right away people posting on local FB pages about if they had room in their private dayhomes to take school aged children. People were offering services because of lay offs...it seems to be working it's self out. There was panic for about a day...but it seems that many people have been able to find childcare for their children. This is no different than when teachers walked off the job in 2002. I remember when that happened. I was home already with my youngest and our dd was in school. Because I was home, I offered to watch some of her friends and other classroom kids that were needing childcare. The same thing just happened here. Many people started banning together to help each other out.
We may live in a small community in northern Alberta. We have many problems here, but when times get tough, we always see people doing the right thing to help each other out. People are offering groceries that they have for others who may not have been able to horde and not leave anything for those who live pay check to pay check or other reasons. People have this idea of our city...but when it comes down to it...we always lend a hand and help out those who need a hand up and our elderly. It really is amazing to see.

I have 21 offers including two I saved. I got the milk offer three weeks in a row. I love that offer, we drink a lot of milk and Shoppers is the cheapest place around to begin with.

I got a spend 30k Points, get $40 off. Which is nice, but I wasn't planning to go shopping any time soon. Oh well... the points will keep :)

Only my saved one still (4) plus the the milk offer on 4L (I only buy 2L at a time so cannot use), 40$ off when redeem 30 000 points (tomorrow only) and 20X points with 50$ on cosmetics (also for tomorrow). So 7 total. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter