Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

Can't wait to hear how the re-do went! Hope it was everything you hoped! :cheer2:

Okay so I know this is totally stalker-ish :rolleyes1 but I read your ENTIRE PJ today!:scared1: I was so hooked and into it! Everything youve gone through the past two years Im sure was worth it yesterday when you had your 2nd go-around! I hope it was everything youve dreamt of, obsessed over, had minor freakouts about, and worried about throughout your planning. Its nice to see everything work out--I was really worried there for a while..I was reading and starting to freak out and get anxious a little myself! (maybe a year and a half-ish ago...bahahaha) Congratulations on getting YOUR dream day and your fantastic DH again! Im sure it was magnificent! :bride: Enjoy your Victoria & Albert's meal, cant wait to hear about everything!! :goodvibes

Enjoy your magical day and the start of your Happily Ever After!!

I don't think I will have time to post tomorrow, so Happy (early) Wedding Day:bride:

Happy Wedding Day!!! I hope it's everything you wanted and more.

Thank you girls!

The best ws DH saying "This is absolutely INCREDIBLE! you did an AMAZING job!" needless to say I haven't stopped saying "I told you so!!!" :rotfl:

You didn't think I'd forget did you??!!

HAPPY WEDDING DAY

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hope it was absolutely brilliant and you enjoyed every second of it xx

No...just so glad to see you!!!

Happy Wedding Day!

hey guess what? you are MARRIED!!!!! :cool1:

congrats!

Hope you had a wonderful wedding day!!! You are now a Mrs.!!! :)

Can't wait to hear how the re-do went! Hope it was everything you hoped! :cheer2:

Thanks! It was everything and more!!!

Okay so I know this is totally stalker-ish :rolleyes1 but I read your ENTIRE PJ today!:scared1: I was so hooked and into it! Everything youve gone through the past two years Im sure was worth it yesterday when you had your 2nd go-around! I hope it was everything youve dreamt of, obsessed over, had minor freakouts about, and worried about throughout your planning. Its nice to see everything work out--I was really worried there for a while..I was reading and starting to freak out and get anxious a little myself! (maybe a year and a half-ish ago...bahahaha) Congratulations on getting YOUR dream day and your fantastic DH again! Im sure it was magnificent! :bride: Enjoy your Victoria & Albert's meal, cant wait to hear about everything!! :goodvibes

Welcome! and Thank you! It was amazing and the PJ will not disappoint!

Happy Wedding Day!!!!! a little late sorry!

ugh i'm sorry I was so late! but I hope you had a magical day!!! Can't wait to hear all about it

Thanks Girls!

We're home! We are exhausted! It was an amazing trip...of course not without a few bumps in the road along the way...but WOW! other than having my DH next to me...Tanis and Misty made the wedding the most amazing thing ever! DH has not stopped saying what an incredible day it was and that all of my hard work really made our day memorable:love: Not only that but he will tell everyone who will listen how amazing it was :goodvibes For those of you who have kept up with the whole 2 years and others just joining in....You know what a triumph that is!!! :woohoo: Of course....I can't stop saying "I told you so" while jumping up and down like a little girl! Ok so maybe that is a little childish...but it warms my heart that once again...Disney turned my DH into a believer...ahhh....the power of pixie dust :wizard:

I will say that I'm really glad that we have our DCL cruise to Alaska booked and are leaving in 176 days for that...b/c I would go through planning withdrawal!!!

Next up...The Ratings!!!

So glad you had a magical time!!
Congratulations!!!
Really looking forward to hearing all about it!!

I have to tell you this is the hardest trip to have to come home after. I wish I was still at WDW...and enjoying the magic...but alas, we got home last night and well...Here we are. :sad1: The bright spot is that I get to re-hash it all with you!:thumbsup2

So, lets start...First off the Glad I Did List
1. Stuck to my guns and had a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! DH has continued to say how incredible it was and what a good job I did putting everything together and how happy he was that we did this...Quite a change from "It's just a big photo op." (I almost think his memories and hearing him tell the story of the days events are the best part...:lovestruc)

2. Misty Miotto! This woman was amazing! By the end of the night we were calling her the photo ninja! She was all over the place! I can't wait to get the pictures back and show you the amazing work she does. She and her husband Nelio put us right at ease. They were easy to work with and if given the option again, I would whole heartedly hire them in a heartbeat (and just might for a trash the dress shoot during our next visit! :woohoo:)

2.5 Allowing my photographers pretty much a blank slate on what photo layout and design. There were a couple of things I was absolutely against-and they stuck to it...and MAYBE less than 1/2 a dozen I had to have...and really only ONE that they had to get exact. (The only ones we've seen were on the camera-but those were amazing...So, I'll make a final decision when we get them back...but from what we saw... WOW)

3. The Dessert Party...I'll explain that during my TR.

4. Keeping the floral to a minimum! It was simple and beautiful. :flower3:

5. Wore the tiara. We all know what a personal debate I had with myself with that...but it finished my look and was perfect!

Things I Wish I Had Done....
1. Had a bustle put into my dress. It was pretty freaking hard to keep that thing up all night...but I was afraid that the bustle would pull the lace on the dress and ruin it...I think that stepping all over it...I'd be shocked if the lace didn't have a rip in it!

Ratings....
All ratings are based on a 10 point scale.

Pam Pearce, Wedding Planner... 9.75 This is the person that juggled schedules, places and times to get my 11/30/2010 date, with a private reception and DP site. This was no easy feat since there was a major convention going on. This would have been a 10...except at one point I thought I had signed up for the DP and thought I read that there were no fireworks that day or maybe I wanted to know if it was wishes vs MVMCP. To this she replied, "Well, things happen." Slightly un-Disney like...Overall, very pleased.

Tanis Armstrong, Wedding Coordinator... A strong 10...At first it took her sometime to reply to emails...Her email sends an away message, so that was fine. At some point in September, she got a ton of October weddings dumped on her. Most of the conversations sometimes went like "YEAH! It's working out!" or "Yeah! I'm glad this is going well for you!" It was a cross between valley girl and bubbly. What set her apart was in pure moments if panic, she could stop and redirect you on the spot and make it all better. She laughed at my emails...sent me some that said "Relax and trust us. We've got it under control :-)" I found comfort in that the most. Days leading up to the wedding, she called to check in and make sure I dropped stuff off at Francks. When I realized I forgot to drop off my take-out boxes, I called and said "I know I'm not the first person to do this. I sure won't be the last. Just tell me what to do to make it work." The day of the wedding, I was #4 for the day...You would have never known. She was going strong by the end and then some! She truly made the day magical!

Rosie-Disney Floral...Again, a strong 10. We had a 2 hour phone consultation. We chatted away and shot emails back and forth until we got the look I wanted. The day of...it was perfect...right down to NO CLOUDING on the cake table...and the roses of my bouquet were open. Total perfection!

Rev. Jack Day...Again, a 10. Such a sweet man! We (I) forgot our marriage lic. and he just made sure that we knew that he still needed it and just to fax it to him. Hearing him read our vows was adorable. His voice was warm and loving.

Patricia Le Jeune...Her a 10, my hair 9.98...She was amazing. She was on time and got right down to business. She knew how everyone worked, and just went along with everything as needed. My mom got a little nervous about her hair and thought maybe she should have Patricia do it...Patricia said she would be more than willing to do what ever we needed...then when my mom was in the bathroom, she said "If you don't want me to I totally understand...just tell me what you want and I'll take care of it." She also wanted to make sure that I felt beautiful and would not leave until we had accomplished that. There were some questions about how the side of my hair should go...She put it one way...and then when I didn't like it...fixed it. Make up was amazing! and perfect. Natural with a hint of dramatic. She explained her desire to use a little plum color and what it would for my eyes. When I told her that all of the vendors that I had selected I whole heartedly trusted, she seemed genuinely touched and said as much. I explained that I wouldn't have hired her otherwise.
My hair on the other hand...did it's best to hold the curl all night...but with the heat and humidity...it started to loose the curl. But quite honestly...unless it was lacquered and stiff and unnatural it did what it was going to do...either way...it was beautiful.

Misty Miotto...A strong 9.5 I'm holding that last .5 until we get the photos back... but the unedited work we did see was amazing! Her personality was outgoing and warm spirited. Nelio balances her out perfectly. They both brought the best out in DH and I and we can't wait to see the photos...

Pop Century Resort...6...I didn't think that staying at the Pop would be so...well...blah...to start with we didn't receive our luggage until after we got back to the hotel at like 9:30PM...After being up since 2:30AM and having to call for it...buses were slow...food court seemed packed...at one point I asked a CM to call to Whispering Cannon to tell them we were going to be late and was told "just hurry and run...." Not what I wanted to hear on our first night with buses running slowly. Just saying. The resort picked up points for happily ever after buttons at check in and our Mickey and Minnie photo and celebration photopass card.

Grand Floridian...a 10...Will be covered in detail in TR. Trust me...worth every penny we spent and then some...

I think that covers it...any questions??? :goodvibes

Love reading the reviews -- they're so helpful! And they've got me very interested to hear all the details behind them! :thumbsup2

awesome awesome awesome! cant wait to read more! :goodvibes

You are too funny...I feel like a famous author or something LOL :thumbsup2

Love reading the reviews -- they're so helpful! And they've got me very interested to hear all the details behind them! :thumbsup2

Reviews helped me a ton too...That is why I wanted to do them. No worries...I've been uploading photos all day...getting them to FB...next will be here...I didn't take any notes during the trip...so I hope I remember (I'm sure I will) all of the details...

Oh and did I mention that this really needs to get done before we leave for our DCL Alaskan cruise in 16 days...yeah...no pressure!

I can't believe you're back already!

Sounds like everything went to plan! I'm so happy that it all worked out and I can't wait to see pics!

great reviews! I'm glad to hear it was so magical :goodvibes. We stayed at the GF and totally thought it was worth every penny.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some pics! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter