Pete Hunting: Check post #1

Note to self: when stalking Pete, er, trying to win prizes, bring two iPhones.

Bawb told me point blank when I was saying my phone charge was low, you wasted the battery too early turn it off and save it for when ya need it. Well there was just enough juice to see Valet Parking at the right moment. Close enough.

Wow. I'm sorry I didn't stay up a little longer to see that wildeoscar did finally find Pete. Congratulations wildeoscar. I've learned a great deal about what to bring along to do a proper stalking. :)

What I'm really surprised at is that you were the only one stalkinging Pete. I would have thought there were some other listeners a lot closer than Ohio. :confused3

Is valet near the turnstiles? ;)

ok, now picture this, if ya seen the WESH cam... a slightly manic (ok, carnival ape manic) fat man, dashing though that crowd back to the parking structure. Valet from the gate is at least 1/4 mile, if not further.

There were places, where security would just not let you though the crowd... like I said in another post, I made it in one diection, to were I was 5 yards from the bathroom but there was a fence up, and they would not let anyone though to get to the bathroom. And this was a crowd drinking a lot of beer.

I have never been to Mardi Gras but it sure was crowded. I have never been in a crowd like last night. There was a very long line outside the ladies room by the stage. The entire park was crazy. When I left it was wall to wall people leaving the park. I thought everyone in Orlando was in the park last night.

Universal had gates up every so often that squeezed the crowds together. I didn't think that was a very good idea.

WOW, what a great night!!!! trying to read 38 pages.......huuuuh, do it in the morning.....long night, congrats, WO, you deserve it. Crazy night!:eek:

OH and I don't think anyone answered the early early question, 82 is Harvick Right? It's a NASCAR thing.

It is like a movie ending..

Way to go....I am so happy and excited for you.

Have a safe drive home today.:)

Whew! Finally, the finale. Thanks for the update, oscar! Again, I'm thrilled for ya! And I always thought eighty two was the year Will was born...but then again, that would make him older than he actually is, so it must be a NASCAR thing.

Now waiting for the blog entries and to hear about it on the podcast.

OH and I don't think anyone answered the early early question, 82 is Harvick Right? It's a NASCAR thing.

I am so happy!! Way to go WO!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: Next year I want to go with you!!

Thanks for the 82 thing.

You are awesome! Best night I have had in a long time!! Thanks Pete!!!

Hi WO, Hey are you still in town? Let me know what your status is today.

Bawb told me point blank when I was saying my phone charge was low, you wasted the battery too early turn it off and save it for when ya need it. Well there was just enough juice to see Valet Parking at the right moment. Close enough.

This is so cool. This means that the Podcast crew (and WE, PEOPLE!!!! THE THREADOSAURUS!!!!) helped him FIND PETE!!! True, Pete was giving him the cruise anyway, but as Kevin said, I like this ending better... :woohoo:

Hi WO, Hey are you still in town? Let me know what your status is today.

Bawb has shown himself to be full of heart (haht?), not just Kaht. Helping a DISer find a place to lay his head, worrying about him the next morning. :thumbsup2 I love these guys (& gals). Real people. and Rock stars...

What can I say, the weather in ohio sucked, and I really didn;t have anything going on, an iPod loaded with back DIS shows, and a bunch of other pod casts I listen to, the drive was not that bad. The traffic coming north looked nuts over and over, so after getting though most of the posts I am gonna get ready and get moving north, to crappy weather.

Did anyone mention what a great day it was yesterday, Picture perfect clouds, a nice breeze, low 80's. Evertime Pete annouces the weather it burns me like a three ft flame when I am sitting in a ft of snow.

Well, it definitely isnt in the low 80's, but it's a bit better here in Ohio today Oscar. The sun is out and I hear we might hit 45 degrees!!!!!!! :woohoo:
(that's a big deal here right about now folks)

I couldn't wait to sign on this morning! I got right on the computer to see if WO had checked in yet, before I even got my coffee!

Glad you could check in to post WO! Have a safe trip home! We're so PROUD of you here in Ohio! :wave2:

Safe journey home, WO. Loved the ride last night. The podcast crew are way beyond :thumbsup2

I plan to get caught up on the blog's this afternoon.

Congrats WO!! Bob told us that we missed you by 4 minutes. You probably passed us near Mel’s Drive In. He gave us a description of what you were wearing, so I began looking at every wandering man with a gray shirt on.

It's safe to say that I've been to about 20 Universal Mardi Gras celebrations and have never seen a crowd like this before. There was a point in the night, after the parade ended and the concert started, where you couldn't move. Kids in strollers were on verge of being trampled. I pulled out some of my New Orleans Bourbon Street skills and started winding us through the crowd. A family of 6 behind us took my lead and attached themselves to us. I usually shout "Hot Coffee!" to get people to move in crowded situations (no one wants to get burned), but nothing like that would have worked last night b/c there was no where to go. I even put my wallet in my front pocket like I was at the real Mardi Gras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter