~Philadelphia Marathon 11/23/08~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi - your post prompted me to email my friend who is a computer expert and web site designer (and the person who convinced me to get a Mac last time) to ask if he thinks I should even consider getting a Mac again. For what its worth, I've pasted his response to me below.

A PC would be cheaper for sure. I think that Macs are much more stable and less prone to annoying "what the hell just happened to my computer" episodes and they have staying power. You buy one now and it'll be a top of the line computer for the next 3 - 4 years. The newer Macs are super fast and use Intel chips so you can actually run windows on them if you want (using an inexpensive 3rd party program called Parallels).

But honestly, if you're not using as a real personal entertainment hub for all of your music, photos and everything, you'd be fine with a PC. I would just caution that it's more likely break down sooner.

This is great info & food for though. Thanks CindyLouWho

The other day I caught myself calling them "fuzz bots":rotfl:

There is a Doggie Day-Care/Kennel just over the Pennsylvania line called "Fuzzy Butts." Not quite Fuzz Bots, but close! :lmao: :rotfl:

Lou~ I love the PDR photo with Botman! :thumbsup2

Jodi~ I can't wait to hear your most disturbing pre/post race story. Oh yeah, the last time I checked, "Clouds" don't skip! :lmao: I won't read anything into that at all. :rolleyes1 :sad2:

My Oh My, Y'all will throw anything up here to use up space. I do love the Bot pictures though.

I will break my post up to take gobble a few more pages.

Chester - Yikes on the non-spring break land manatees.:scared1:

Hey, didn't Cindy's training plan say we didn't have to do 20 miles???

Tell Tracy her ride is pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of some neighborhood dude I see once in a while. He rides one to work, dressed in black pants, black coat, black helmet, dark glasses, black pack on his back. I always refer to him (in my own head) as the Ninja Scooter Guy.

Jen - Your TM setup sounds great. Substitute some big comfy recliners and a fridge full of brews for the TM's and it would be perfect!

We had a busy weekend freezing our booties off. DD12 danced in 2 parades Saturday and 1 on Sunday. DD8 was a banner holder for the group as well.

I'm not going to complain too much since I could dress up as warm as I wanted but DD12 had to wear a skimpy little Rockette-like costume. She was one unhappy camper once her fingers and toes started thawing out and really started to burn.

After that I had no desire to get out and run Sunday evening as scheduled so I moved it to Monday morning. I got 7 very chilly miles in and am shooting for 6 more this morning.

Have a fun day filling up the last few pages.

Here's my early morning contribution - Matt after the NYC Half. You can sort of see the medal and he is wearing the men's race shirt (the woman's was a more solid gray). This was taken minutes before a torrential downpour started. Jodi was already back at her hotel . . .

232323232%7Ffp53678%3Enu%3D3268%3E342%3E555%3EWSNRCG%3D32399%3A5482484nu0mrj

About to run 10 miles. Getting a little bit of a late start . . .

Good Morning Everyone: I did 3 miles on the TM yesterday. Nothing special, got my miles in.

Mike- you were asking about the DVC travel show at the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester. Since everyone is sharing pictures, I'll share some of mine from the show. The Strong Museum is one of our favorite places to go, and if you ever find yourself in Rochester you should visit.

Here's my girls. We were all playing "reporter" for the DIS Unplugged Podcast
DSC02600.jpg

Curious George Exhibit
DSC02601.jpg

Sword in the stone at "Reading Adventureland"
DSC02602.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

Waiting for Dapper Dans to play
DSC02609.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02613.jpg

Dapper Dans
DSC02611.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

The Big Cheese
DSC02616.jpg

Did you know that Mickey Mouse could wiggle his nose? I saw him do this for the first time when we met him, and I never knew he could do that.

Good Morning Everyone: I did 3 miles on the TM yesterday. Nothing special, got my miles in.

Mike- you were asking about the DVC travel show at the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester. Since everyone is sharing pictures, I'll share some of mine from the show. The Strong Museum is one of our favorite places to go, and if you ever find yourself in Rochester you should visit.

Here's my girls. We were all playing "reporter" for the DIS Unplugged Podcast
DSC02600.jpg

Curious George Exhibit
DSC02601.jpg

Sword in the stone at "Reading Adventureland"
DSC02602.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

LOVE THE PHOTOS DAVE!! YOUR GIRLS ARE TOO CUTE :cutie: . LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A BLAST! I HAVEN'T HEARD YOUR REPORT YET, BUT WILL LISTEN TOMORROW @ WORK!

Here's my early morning contribution - Matt after the NYC Half. You can sort of see the medal and he is wearing the men's race shirt (the woman's was a more solid gray). This was taken minutes before a torrential downpour started. Jodi was already back at her hotel . . .

232323232%7Ffp53678%3Enu%3D3268%3E342%3E555%3EWSNRCG%3D32399%3A5482484nu0mrj

About to run 10 miles. Getting a little bit of a late start . . .

GREAT PHOTO, CINDLYOUWHO. ACTUALLY, I THINK I WAS ALREADY ON THE TRAIN BY THEN :lmao: .

Ran 10. Kinda sucked. It was just really hard, know what I mean? I haven't checked the run stats, but based on the mile splits, I think I averaged about a 10:35 pace. That should be fairly easy. It was not.:sad2: And I got a nasty blister on the arch of my right foot.

At least I got my first double digit post Philly run in. We haven't heard from Sara (I hope you're ok:hug: ) but I realized I am probably the last person who is doing the full at Disney to get back up to a double digit run after Philly.

Speaking of Sara, where are Sara, Colleen, and Steve? This thread's got one foot in the grave and I would hate to kill it without having them post again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter