~Philadelphia Marathon 11/23/08~

Status
Not open for further replies.
No objection to the place or day from me. I look forward to the meet.

Chester
W.I.S.H. Half-fast Marathon Team

...to ya'll ...!!

Why, how, when does someone from CT say ya'll??:rotfl: Just had to throw that one in from a Canadian living in NC! The ya'll really rings in my head when I hear it down here. On that note, my 10 year old son said "Dang it" today.:scared1: Needless to say, I promptly corrected this.:sad2:

American Cafe it is. Is 7 p.m. alright? Maybe a little earlier for the kids?

I was able to get 5.5 miles in today.

Off to Disney Wednesday afternoon.

Colleen - I will suspend my silent treatment momentarily to let you know that I use ya'll sometimes when I'm typing 'cause I'm lazy. I didn't realize you were of the Canadian persuasion (whereabouts?), but if I had realized sooner that this word might drive you nuts, I'd've used it a lot more b4 you leave for WDW!:goodvibes Just to bug you!! Ok, what park are you going to first?..

If you guys wanna go earlier than 7 that's fine. Anytime after 5 is good for me. I can eat constantly, so...

Anytime for dinner is fine for us as well:thumbsup2 .

Jodi - You'll love Colleen's Canadian accent:) . Which park do you go to first?! We have to go to MK first and enter on the left side of the train station:confused3 .

Sara - Oh, she has a canadian accent, EH? I'll have to keep that in mind (is she a hoser?)

We almost always go the MK first, as well. But, um, uhhh, unlike yourselves, I don't believe we have a preference as to what side we enter on:rolleyes1 :rotfl: . But when I was a kid & we went out to a restaurant I'd always have to check out the bathroom...is that sorta like the same disorder??:rotfl:

I ran a cheesy 40mins. this a.m. It felt good though, it's a little less humid today. Pls. hold your collective breaths w/ me that the weather in NYC this Sun. a.m. between 7&9 a.m. (I'm being optimistic w/ my time) will be 40 degrees & cloudy!

A 7:00pm W.I.S.H. meet is fine with us. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Completed my first post op run last light. 3.11 miles at 11:04 pace and 162 bpm average heart rate. I ran at a steady, gentle pace. Comparing it to my last pre op run of 3.11 at 10:33 with a 150 bpm hr, it looks like I just have to re-build my cardio endurance, the legs seemed fine with the 2 1/2 week break. Tonight I'll try a gentle 5 miler if the weather cooperates or 5 on the TM if it doesn't.

Happy training

Chester

CONGRATULATIONS, CHESTER!!:cool1: :cheer2:

Your first post-op run. The numbers are good! As long as you felt ok afterwards, that seems a pretty awesome run to me, your conditioning will come along in a week or two, no doubt! Great going!

But when I was a kid & we went out to a restaurant I'd always have to check out the bathroom...is that sorta like the same disorder??:rotfl:
Definitely in the same class:lmao:
I ran a cheesy 40mins. this a.m. It felt good though, it's a little less humid today. Pls. hold your collective breaths w/ me that the weather in NYC this Sun. a.m. between 7&9 a.m. (I'm being optimistic w/ my time) will be 40 degrees & cloudy!
Keeping my fingers crossed the weather cooperates for you. I'm about 2.5 hours north of NYC so I am hoping for the same to come my way for the 12 miles I've got on the schedule:thumbsup2

Chester - Congrats on the successful run:cheer2: I hope the 5 miles went well for you last night.

Hi Everyone: Just wanted to pop over and say hello. I'm curious to follow your training for the MCM as I'd like to run this in 2008. Hope everyone's doing OK in the heat. I'm going to try to run 12 miles on Saturday too. I'm about 5 hours West of Sara, and it's been brutal over here too.

Hi Dave - it's even hot in Rochester?? Yipes. Hope it cools down for your long run on Sat.

Chester - how'd the 5 miler go?

colleen - ok, ok, how's disney world today?

Sara - Good luck w/ that 12 miler this weekend!!!!!!!

Jodi and Sara
I've had no ill effects from either of my runs so far, so I think I'm ready to continue where I left off. Last night's 5 miles was slow, but only because I kept my heart rate below 70%. I expect that my pace will increase over the next week and I''ll soon be at the paces I'm used to.

Tonight is 3 miles. The first mile will be an easy warm-up, then the last 2 will be staying above 85% (approx 10k pace).

Saturday - 6 miles (2 through 5 at 10k pace)
Sunday - 9 miles (easy)

Happy training

Chester

Hello all,

Taking a break from the parks today! Today is day 6 for us and the kids are starting to get a little tired from the heat. We were at the parks at opening and then tried to leave at 1:00 when the crowds arrived, and then hit the parks again after dinner.

We are flying home tomorrow. DH left for Germany on Saturday, so it has been just me and the kids at Coronado Springs for the last 3 days. I am not sure if I like it?!??!

Jodi, I don't think I am a hoser?!?! Yes, I have a Canadian accent, no, I don't say "eh" (but know a lot of people that do :rotfl: ):rotfl: but someone from the Disney bus stop this morning commented that I was speaking the "Queen's English" and asked me if I was from New York??

Now for my confession, no running in 6 days.:upsidedow But I don't mind, because we have been putting on a lot of walking miles.

I will catch up with everyone in the next few days.

Colleen

Greetings Everyone:

Guess what? I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon this year afterall. I received a e-mail news letter from the Jeff Galloway training programs, and in it they mentioned they had a limited number of registration slots left for the MCM. I contacted them, and they said they had 10 left. So I talked it over with DW, and I committed to running the MCM this year (this means I will NOT be running Disney in Jan 08). So I need to get on the ball with my training now. So what do you think? Do you have room for another in the group? What's everyone's plans as far as where they're staying, are we having a WISH team meet?

:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :woohoo: YEAH DAVE!!!So psyched you guys will be joining us!! I believe we're all over on the Arlington, VA side in the Crystal City area. Colleen and I are at the Hampton Inn. MCM website has a travel area for hotel reservations. Are you bringing the DD's? Mine will be there:love: . The WISH meet is tentatively scheduled for Friday night @ 7 pm. Have lots of fun stepping into your training program.

Colleen - Are you back in NC yet? Anxiously awaiting details from the WDW trip:rolleyes1 . Even though you didn't get a chance to run, all that walking in the extreme heat definitely maintains the endurance:scared1: .

How come no one's posted any reports from last weekend's training runs?! Mine was less than stellar so I am maintaining my silence:rotfl2: .

Happy training to all this week:cheer2: .

:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :woohoo: YEAH DAVE!!!So psyched you guys will be joining us!! I believe we're all over on the Arlington, VA side in the Crystal City area. Colleen and I are at the Hampton Inn. MCM website has a travel area for hotel reservations. Are you bringing the DD's? Mine will be there:love: . The WISH meet is tentatively scheduled for Friday night @ 7 pm. Have lots of fun stepping into your training program.

Colleen - Are you back in NC yet? Anxiously awaiting details from the WDW trip:rolleyes1 . Even though you didn't get a chance to run, all that walking in the extreme heat definitely maintains the endurance:scared1: .

How come no one's posted any reports from last weekend's training runs?! Mine was less than stellar so I am maintaining my silence:rotfl2: .

Happy training to all this week:cheer2: .
Hi Sara- I don't know what the family's plans are. Whether everyone is coming, or whether I'm just coming down by myself. Although DD6 pooh: said she wanted to come because she's never been to Washington DC before. What Hampton Inn are you staying at? Maybe I'll see if there's another room available there.

Yeah Dave!:banana: :banana:

We are at the Hampton Inn in Crystal City. I am going to call today for reservations at American Cafe for Friday night at 6:30 or 7:00.

We arrived home last night and I am busy with laundry. I plan on 6 miles today at the gym. NC is suppose to hit 100 today. My lawn needs mowing too, but that will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

No long run report for me last weekend, but I hope to do 16 this weekend. I will need to either plan sleepovers for kids Friday night or hire a babysitter because DH is still in Germany.

How is training??

Long run report.

DH got home from Germany last night, so I was able to get out at 5 a.m. to get my 16 miles in. It was 75 degrees when I started. It was terrible. Nothing good to report at all, in fact, my ITBS is starting to act up again and my Garmin was doing some really whacky things.:confused3 Anyway, 16 miles in 2:51. I guess I will take it and look forward to cooler temps.

Sara, hope your groin is getting better, sounds like you are doing all the right things.:wizard:

Where are all the other LR reports?

Colleen - Welcome home from Disney, I can talk to you agiain!:lmao: Sorry about the less than great run today, but like you said, 16 miles is 16 miles. My 10 miles on Sat. was ridiculous.:confused3 Until cooler weather arrives, I'm blaming everything on excessive heat. I have to run an hour today & I've yet to do it...still waiting for it to "cool off". Actually, I shouldn't complain, the weather hasn't been that bad.

Dave - Can't wait to see you in DC, that's great news!:yay:

What happened to Sara's groin?? I've been so out of it lately.

NYC 1/2 went great! The weather broke for literally, just that morning & the humidity disappeared. It was completely bearable & a great time. What a great course!! I missed my 2 hour goal by 5 minutes. Oh well, I'll blame it on the thick crowds:rotfl:

Jodi

Colleen - :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: on the 16 mile LR!!! Glad you were able to get it done.

Jodi - :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: Great job on the NYC 1/2!!

Dave - I think on the website it says Hampton Inn Reagan Airport. I hope you bring the family with you. My DD's have never been to DC either. It's mine and DH's anniversary on 10/26 so we'll be celebrating.

I did 7 miles today - 4 treadmill am & 3 outside pm so I will say I am on the mend. Just a little strain or something. I will continue to ice and hold off on speedwork for a while. It is more of a nagging thing and isn't painful when I run.

Happy training to all this week:cheer2: . I can't wait to do my 16 miles on Saturday:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter