Photo Sharing: Pentax

It has been a LOOOONG time since I posted anything on here, but I got a new K-50 and got to take it on a little weekend trip to WDW last weekend so I thought I would share. If anyone looks at the EXIF it will say K-30 because I had to trick AfterShot Pro into seeing the files. The only side effect has been a purple line at the top border if I don't crop. Not a biggie while I wait on Corel to release an update including the K-50. I bought a wite one BTW and handed down my red K-x to my DD.

Here are some of my favorite ones

IMGP0037_v2.jpg

IMGP0136_v2.jpg

IMGP0171.jpg

IMGP0183.jpg

IMGP0186.jpg

IMGP0197.jpg

Yes, the fisheye stayed on about half the time!

It has been a LOOOONG time since I posted anything on here, but I got a new K-50 and got to take it on a little weekend trip to WDW last weekend so I thought I would share. If anyone looks at the EXIF it will say K-30 because I had to trick AfterShot Pro into seeing the files. The only side effect has been a purple line at the top border if I don't crop. Not a biggie while I wait on Corel to release an update including the K-50. I bought a wite one BTW and handed down my red K-x to my DD.

Here are some of my favorite ones

IMGP0037_v2.jpg

IMGP0136_v2.jpg

IMGP0171.jpg

IMGP0183.jpg

IMGP0186.jpg

IMGP0197.jpg

Yes, the fisheye stayed on about half the time!

It has been awhile, welcome back! Nice work!!

Hello my fellow Pentaxians!

I bought my first Pentax (K1000) with 50mm back in 1995 and I LOVED the photos it took. Of course I had to expand to 70-210mm lens, light meter, filters, shutter release, flash, and bag to carry it all. As film became harder to find I began to rely up our digital point and shoot. Well, for my birthday last year my DW bought me a Pentax DSLR K100d body for $130. I discovered that my Vivitar 70-210 has auto and works with my K100d, but my 50 wouldn't. I've been stuck looking for a lens within my budget and this morning came across a Pentax SMC 35-80 K mount f4 AF online for $39. At least now I have a pretty good range of lenses for a larger variety of shots and general purpose usage. Both the K100d and the 35-80 lens were both in excellent condition, but, I did perform a firmware upgrade on the K100d, Now, I can't wait until we return to WDW so I can take some real photos. Got to go, duty and my DW are calling.

Hello my fellow Pentaxians!

I bought my first Pentax (K1000) with 50mm back in 1995 and I LOVED the photos it took. Of course I had to expand to 70-210mm lens, light meter, filters, shutter release, flash, and bag to carry it all. As film became harder to find I began to rely up our digital point and shoot. Well, for my birthday last year my DW bought me a Pentax DSLR K100d body for $130. I discovered that my Vivitar 70-210 has auto and works with my K100d, but my 50 wouldn't. I've been stuck looking for a lens within my budget and this morning came across a Pentax SMC 35-80 K mount f4 AF online for $39. At least now I have a pretty good range of lenses for a larger variety of shots and general purpose usage. Both the K100d and the 35-80 lens were both in excellent condition, but, I did perform a firmware upgrade on the K100d, Now, I can't wait until we return to WDW so I can take some real photos. Got to go, duty and my DW are calling.

Welcome back to Pentax but be careful! I switched in 2006 from film to digital (Lx to K10D). Now I own 6 DSLR's (2 K10D's, 2 K5's, 1 K5iis and a K30)! This digital photography is a sickness.

The Midwest is back to racing. I will be at a race track almost every weekend from now until October, including my track's Nascar events, NHRA Nationals both at Route 66 and Indy, Indianapolis 500, Rockford Speedway, Grundy County Speedway and anywhere else I can find time to shoot! This shot was the opening race at Rockford Speedway, the WXRX Stone and Double T Enduro 200 for 4-cylinders. Earlier in the day, I was at the Chicagoland Speedway for our Easter Egg Dash event for charity.

Its time to Rock 'n' Roll!!

I had a great weekend, although Sunday's event was cut a little short because of rain. I still got in 4-5 hours of shooting. Next up is Vegas for my daughter's wedding. I hope to get some nice shots of the lights at night. I especially want to try to get the Bellagio fountain. If anyone has any sweet/secret angles or spots to shoot from, if you could share it would be greatly appreciated. Its been 14 years since I've been there.

Saturday
TT 4_12_14 2773 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

IMGP2824 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

Sunday
B8 Qual 7 3191 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

MA 80 7085 by Terry McGraw Photography, on Flickr

I am new to photography and could not wait to get some Disney shots with my new Pentax k3. I used my hd da 55-300 mm f3.8-4.5 lens at animal kingdom. This is one of my favorite shots from the morning.

I did not take as many pictures as I thought I would because being mom in the park is more important than photographer but I enjoyed the times I could be both. Also, I have a better idea of what lenses to use in the various parks next year.

I discovered that my Vivitar 70-210 has auto and works with my K100d, but my 50 wouldn't.
Replying to an old message here, hopefully you'll see this or will have realized it already...

In the Custom menu, there should be an option to allow the camera to shoot with a lens without auto-aperture. Once you enable that, off the top of my head, I believe easiest procedure to use it properly is to shoot in Manual mode, then twist the ring around the shutter to the right to do stop-down metering, then take the photo. It needs to stop down then meter the light, otherwise it won't be able to know what to set the shutter speed and ISO to in order to get a good exposure, since the lens isn't telling the camera what aperture it's set to.

Check your local Craigslist for Pentax gear; you'll often find folks selling K1000s with a couple lenses. Usually they are junk zoom lenses, but you'll occasionally find some nice primes; keep an eye out for a 50mm with auto aperture and you'll probably be able to easily find a good 28mm, also, and who knows what else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter