PHOTOS JUST ADDED! Mini-meet In August

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
OK, friends, especially the following friends (and any other friends who will be down near the following dates):

Viki - 8/25 to 9/3;
MickeyDee ???
DavidUK - 8/22 to 9/1;
Valentine???
Mike??? (who is local)
MajorTom (who is local, sometimes)
Tracy (who is now local)
Other locals I'm missing???

Let's plan an Epcot Rose and Crown evening get together. That is, for beter or worse, our tradition. But, should we just do drinks? Or, should we jump right in and plan a meal together, hoping for an outside table and an opportunity to enjoy Illuminations?

Here are the dates which would still work for Gwen and I:

Sunday, August 27th
Wednesday, August 30th
Thursday, August 31st

What do you all think?

Woo Hoo!!! Drinking!!! Did I say that out loud??

Hey, at this point we'd be up for any night. We vote for a dinner, and Illuminations, but would happily settle for just a drink if its easier for everyone.

Sounds like fun!

woo woo - sounds good to me!! be like going home - but with fireworks!
unless Mark's planned something i don't know about we'll be there!

Dx
(not the 27th tho - that's my Boy's Birthday!)

We have to come home on August 12 so DS can go back to school, but it sounds like you will have a terrific time! We'll have to try to make the next one! :)

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
We have to come home on August 12 so DS can go back to school, but it sounds like you will have a terrific time! We'll have to try to make the next one! :)

Yes, I saw that and I'm sorry. Maybe next time!

Viki --

We are local. All the way from Winter Garden, about 20 minutes from Epcot if traffic is bad. A local meet sounds great. :thumbsup2

I would recommend Sunday at Rose & Crown because that is when Pam Brody plays. For those unfamiliar with Pam, she entertains in the pub and is awesome. She must be in her late 70s and works 3 days per week.

Randall

:rainbow:

Kevin&Randall said:
Viki --

We are local. All the way from Winter Garden, about 20 minutes from Epcot if traffic is bad. A local meet sounds great. :thumbsup2

I would recommend Sunday at Rose & Crown because that is when Pam Brody plays. For those unfamiliar with Pam, she entertains in the pub and is awesome. She must be in her late 70s and works 3 days per week.

Randall

:rainbow:

Great idea, but David and his partner can't make it that night.

What other nights does she play?

Pam Brody
Pub pianist and vivacious entertainer with international flair in the Rose & Crown.
Sunday & Thursday intermittently from 4:30-9:30pm
Length of set: 20 minutes

Entertainment is subject to change, but this is what is on the site for this month.

Mike

OrlandoMike said:
Pam Brody
Pub pianist and vivacious entertainer with international flair in the Rose & Crown.
Sunday & Thursday intermittently from 4:30-9:30pm
Length of set: 20 minutes

Entertainment is subject to change, but this is what is on the site for this month.

Mike

Thanks, Mike, so how is Thursday, August 31st for everyone (and anyone!)?

The events would include a little entertainment, a few drinks, dinner (maybe on the balcony if we can get it), and Illuminations. And of course people could come and go as they need to. I would just need to know how many are staying for dinner so that I could make an ADR.

Well, at this point, we are up for dinner! Sounds like fun!!

Viki said:
Thanks, Mike, so how is Thursday, August 31st for everyone (and anyone!)?

The events would include a little entertainment, a few drinks, dinner (maybe on the balcony if we can get it), and Illuminations. And of course people could come and go as they need to. I would just need to know how many are staying for dinner so that I could make an ADR.

I can probably take care of Dinner reservations, I know a Manager there pretty well.

/carmi

majortom said:
I can probably take care of Dinner reservations, I know a Manager there pretty well.

/carmi

That would be super!

Hiya Kids.... well.. I will be there that time.. However.. I will also have the little one with me... So... I don't know that a rousing time at Rose and Crown can be had with a nearly 3 year old! LOL!! I will stop by however.... Maybe we can also plan a daytime/outdoor meet? I will be In Disney from the 27th - the 1st... so.. I am up for just about anything... Also heading down in a few weeks for the Minnie Marathon.... there from the 5/4-5/9... gee ... this is sooooo addicting!! LOL!!

Kathy

Bring the three year old! You know this group, we can keep at three year old entertained!

OrlandoMike said:
Bring the three year old! You know this group, we can keep at three year old entertained!

Oh, I agree. This is WDW - a three year old companion would be welcomed. Also, it looks like Gwen and I might be shepherding our three year old niece, who lives locally, around MK on one of those days. Perhaps we could hook up for that?

Might as well start drooling now!

Main Courses

Rose and Crown Steak and Prawns - grilled steak, horseradish sauce, Harry Ramsden's batter-fried prawns, mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables $21.99

Harry Ramsden's, The World's Most Famous Fish & Chips - Cod fillet cooked in a unique batter served with English Chips and garden peas $15.99

Bangers and Mash - traditional English sausage, sauteed cabbage and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy $15.99

Curried Vegetables - Sauteed carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, peas and red peppers, traditional curry sauce with saffron rice $12.99; add chicken $15.99

Cottage Pie - ground beef with carrots, topped with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese, served with green beans $14.99

Chicken Pasty - chicken and fresh vegetable wrapped in a pastry, topped with cream sauce and served with mashed potatotes and green beans $14.99

Guinness Stew - beef stew infused with Guinness Stout, mashed potatoes, and a cheddar cheese cracker $15.99

Sounds like a plan then! :) Having the kids hook up one day sounds like a great idea.. I am sure JoJo will be sick of me after a few days and longing for younger companionship!! LOL!! :rotfl2:

So.. it will be me, my neice who is an OLD lady of 25 and her baby brother JoJo who is 3.. yes.. you heard that right...

Kathy

We weren't on the specific invite list, but will also be around at a similar time (8/26-9/6).
We're actually going on a cruise over the weekend, but I hope you have a good time at the R&C. Perhaps we'll pass each other in the parks.

hematite153 said:
We weren't on the specific invite list, but will also be around at a similar time (8/26-9/6).
We're actually going on a cruise over the weekend, but I hope you have a good time at the R&C. Perhaps we'll pass each other in the parks.

Will you be off cruising Thursday, August 31st, because that looks like the date we'll be meeting?

And, please, everyone, there is no specific "invite list." I only used that because it named people who had committed to being in WDW those days in one of the sticky threads. Everyone who will be there is certainly invited to join us. We will need to know soon, though, in order for Carmi to be able to get us an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter