Photoshop Elements

Also in Paint Shop Pro - there's a batch renamer and batch processing function - you can script it to do any kind of converting or processing you want. I'd imagine Elements might have something similar in its scripting...but unfortunately have no idea where it is.

You could also probably use one of the free resizer utilities available online, like Faststone Photo Resizer (I have version 2.8 at work). It can open files in various image formats including TIF, and can batch convert to jpg (you don't have to resize...it does standard conversions too). It's a standalone product.

In Elements under your File menu, there is an option for "Process Multiple Files". Select that, then select the folder that the files are in. From there you can rename, resize, whatever you like. Depending on the amount of files you're doing it may take a while.

The reason TIFF's take so long to download is they are much larger files, but they also lose no image data. Image data is lost in compressed JPEG files and the amount of loss is proportional to the amount the file is compressed. The more images you can fit on the card means more compression.

Thanks guys! I knew the TIFF format because that's all we used in photography class (I always convert to TIFF for editing). This guy at work isn't into photography at all and doesn't really understand any of this stuff so he just wants to take simple jpegs of his family and stuff. He doesn't have a way to convert and isn't looking to edit anything. Thanks for the info! I'm going to try it tonight :)

My laptop that I purchased almost a year ago is now having trouble with the program.

It has never been connected to the internet and the program was installed by Dell before it was delivered. I have used the program to make a video project of my 2008 WDW trip. It was working fine but the last few times I get this error message - Adobe Premiere Elements.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I haven't added any programs or software to the laptop. The only things I have added are pictures, video clips and music.

Is there a max. length for each project? I'm at just over an hour right now. Any other ideas as to why it's now not working?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to do a much better job with my photography (and now I'm drooling for a wide angle lens), but that's another story.:) My questions is, I just recently bought PSE 8 and I'm very new to Photoshop. This is my first time using it. Can anyone recommend any books or websites on it? I can't seem to figure out how to do much of anything with the software and it doesn't come with an instruction manual. Suggestions????

Thanks!

Update:

Nobody can tell me if the software that was installed is the full version or something else. Adobe can't tell without the serial # of the software. I don't have that as I never received any disks from Dell with the laptop, which I finally found out I was supose to get.

I also found out that I was missing all the back up disks. You would not believe how many hours that took! You woulld have thought I asked them to cut off a body part and send it to me, instead of the disks that I had paid for but not received.

I will have to wait for the disks to see if any of that is causing the problem.

Another thing I found out was the software requires a 3.0GHz processor to do any HD Videos or photos. I only have a 2.1GHz processor. Nobody told me that I needed a different computer to run this software properly. It wasn't posted when I selected the option to purchase the software, the person who I talked to on the phone from Dell when I double checked everything to make sure I upgraded everything I needed before purchasing and not the person installing it onto the computer. It's like buying an HDTV and not knowing that you need an HD source in order to watch it to the best of the TV's capabilities.

The error message you are getting is not the one you get if it's a trial. Chances are you do have a full version of the software and your problem is just an error. Trials from Adobe also only last 30 days.

Just because you need a certain processor to make HD video does not mean you can't run the software properly. If you have a good video processor in there it can pick up the slack from a slower processor.

I'm running an AMD Turion 2.5 GHz with an ATI Radeon HD 4530 GPU in my laptop and I can render HD videos with Premiere (CS5, not Elements). It's a little slow, but it does get the job done.

Vista.

I have tried to burn the project to DVD and I get the blue screen of death. The project is 1hr and 10 minutes long.

It does give me a warning sometimes that the memory is low.

I have all the disks but Photoshop 7.

BSOD can be caused by many things, not necessarily the program you are running when it happens.

At least I don't get the other message about it closing, but that might be because I'm not adding any more to the project.

I have cut the project in half and I still get the BSOD.

Did anybody have to get the code in order to use the main menu and chapter menus? I selected the Broadway one and in order to use it I had to go online to get a code. I of course had to sit and write out a bunch of #'s and letters and go on this computer, as the laptop has not been connected to the internet.

I don't recall this computer (desktop) ever getting the BSOD and I've had it much longer than the laptop.

Right click on "My Computer" and click on manage.

When the window opens up on the left click on Event Viewer.

I'm trying to remember what Vista's looks like but there might be something called Windows Logs. Click it.

Under that there should be Application-Security-and System. Under each one will be recorded events. Look for the ones with the red exclamation marks. They will give you an idea of where the problem actually lies.

I'm either going bet on not enough space on your scratch drive or something like the video drivers need to be updated. It really shouldn't be a problem with not enough memory, that would just cause it to run slower. But, if the video uses a shared memory, you may need to dedicate more to the video card.

Just a thought....

Another tip I learned starting out is that if you have any questions while using Photoshop, skip the actual Photoshop help and Google it instead. You'll often find step-by-step walkthroughs (some with video) online.

Been looking at either buying Photoshop Elements 8 or Photoshop CS5. Trolling around the adobe website today made my mind up for me.......

Photoshop Elements is only $69.99 ($10 instant rebate, $20 mail in rebate) through Monday, 8/16/10.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

Now the only question is do I get the Mac version or the PC version. :)

My PC has just a hair more horsepower than my PC so it really is a toss up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter