Picking up a race bib for a minor child (age 14?)

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
My 14 year old son will be running the Tower of Terror 10 miler with me. I will be going to the expo on Friday, but due to his school obligations he might not come down until Saturday, possibly even after the expo closes.

I know that starting with the Avengers race, no one is allowed to designate someone else to pick up a bib for them, but I should be ok to pick up my son's bib for TOT, right? Since he is 14, he doesn't have a drivers license. He does have a passport and a military dependent ID--but I know many 14 year olds do not have that, so is it necessary for me to bring a photocopy of these IDs, or since he is under age will they just let me as the parent pick up his packet (we have the same last name.)

Is there anything else we should know, for me to pick up his bib without him being there? Thanks!

For something like that I would email runDisney directly. I'm not sure at all how picking up for minors works, and I think having their official word on the matter would be safest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter