Pics of our first house!! **Bubble bath by Friday night!! (new pics p. 4)**

ChrizJen

<font color=green>I am not a Koala Bear at the zoo
Well, I was so inspired by reading through your thread, Sandra, that I decided to post a thread about my new house!! :)

Things aren't completely finished, but we're well on our way to getting that way!! We're in the process of remodeling the upstairs bathroom, and we've added LOTS of color to the house. The entire house was painted white, and boy have we brightened it up!! Some of the colors are quite bold, but we LOVE it!! :thumbsup2

We haven't taken nearly as many pictures as I'd like to have, but we do have some.

OK, so first here's a picture of the front of our house (it was almost twilight when I took the picture, so it's a little dark):

front.jpg

Next, here's a BEFORE picture of the tile that was in the upstairs shower:

bathupper2.jpg

And here are the tiles that we've replaced them with:

bath.jpg

tiles.jpg

More to come...

More...Here are some pictures of different areas in the house:

The entry/stairway to the second floor-I got the mirror for a GREAT deal at Lowe's:

entry.jpg

Next, there's a sunroom that's on the back of the house just off the kitchen. It used to be the back porch, but previous owners enclosed and insulated it, and now it's a nice sunroom. It has stairs off of it that lead to the back door and the basement. We're planning to get a nice bistro table and chairs and have that be our breakfast room. For some reason I don't have a pic of the actual sunroom, but here's the overlook to the back door:

sunroom.jpg

stair2basmnt.jpg

OK, here's where the color transformation takes place...
Here's BEFORE and AFTER of our kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

kitcheno.jpg

As you can sort of see above, there's a bathroom right off of the kitchen with a sliding door. It's sort of a "Jack and Jill" type bathroom that separates the kitchen from the entry/stairway. We've been using this bathroom for showers and such until we get the upstairs bath completed. (This one will be redone also, but obviously not until we get the other one completed!)

bath1.jpg

Here's the island cart we got for the kitchen:

cart.jpg

I don't have a before of the dining room, but here's the AFTER (with the living room in the background):

diningroom.jpg

And here are some pics of the HUGE set of bookshelves we got (Ikea, EXPEDIT bookshelves in brown-black...with the white doors and drawers, and legs installed...LOL):

100_1872.jpg

100_1874.jpg

The "art" that's on the wall is actually lights. They're from Ikea as well...We got a LOT of stuff from Ikea...LOL

100_1873.jpg

Speaking of Ikea, here's the chandelier that we got there and just put up last weekend:

chandelier.jpg

Here's a BEFORE of the living room windows.

LRwindows.jpg

And AFTER:

livingroom.jpg

And here's the awesome new ceiling fan we installed in the living room last weekend:

fan.jpg

That's about all I have for now. I plan to take more pics of the upstairs bathroom remodel as we finish it. We got a beautiful vanity, sink, and faucet at Ikea, and we're putting cork flooring in up there. I cannot wait to get it all in and finished. (I can't wait to be able to take showers upstairs instead of downstairs!! LOL)

I'm happy I inspired someone, wohoo!

Unfortunately, I can't see pictures at work, the picture hosting sites are blocked (I know, reason enough to change jobs, I'm working on it!), but I'm anxious to look at them at home!

Great that you went with colour, after 1/2 a wall, I chickened out, lol!

I know exactly what your book case looks like, I have the Expedit picture right in my head :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear/ read/ see more!!!

you've done a great job ::yes:: :cool2:

Thanks!! It's been a LOT of work so far, and a lot more to come, but it's so worth it to see the transformation!! :thumbsup2

I'm happy I inspired someone, wohoo!

Unfortunately, I can't see pictures at work, the picture hosting sites are blocked (I know, reason enough to change jobs, I'm working on it!), but I'm anxious to look at them at home!

Great that you went with colour, after 1/2 a wall, I chickened out, lol!

I know exactly what your book case looks like, I have the Expedit picture right in my head :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear/ read/ see more!!!

I've really enjoyed following your thread! It's so exciting to watch the progress!!

And the Expedit shelves, they are so much BIGGER than we had imagined!! It's good, though, We wanted them to make a big statement in the room, and they have!! (in case you haven't had a chance to view the pictures yet, we got 3 of them! We laid one on its side in the middle, to make sort of a "buffet table" or sideboard type thing. Then we stood the other two tall on the sides.) We're actually very pleased with the quality of them too! (for 80 USD each, we were HOPING they would look nice, but they exceeded our expectations! :thumbsup2 ) But we're always pleased with the things we get from Ikea.

We'll definitely have more pictures of the bathroom upstairs as we get more done, and I know I haven't included any other pictures of upstairs either, but we haven't really done much with that yet. That will be later as well. Hope to post more pics soon! In the meantime, I'll keep checking yours, Sandra! :thumbsup2

I like the fact that I have the before and after pictures. You know, with the transformation going little by little, I kind of forget what it looked like in the beginning. Now, when I put before and after pics next to each other, I really realize the difference!

I haven't gotten teh chance to watch the pictures, still at work, and from here I'm going to a drink from colleagues who are leaving the company, so it'll be for tomorrow. Can't wait to see them!!

One of the reasons I started my thread was to whine/ brag/ vent/ whatever. My life at this point consists of remodelling/ decorating. People around me get tired of hearing me talk about it. Here I can talk about it, if people get sick of it, they just have to stop reading!! :teeth:

I like the new colors you all did, it was a little bland with the all white. Congrats on your first house, and good luck with all of the improvements!!!

I like the fact that I have the before and after pictures. You know, with the transformation going little by little, I kind of forget what it looked like in the beginning. Now, when I put before and after pics next to each other, I really realize the difference!

I haven't gotten teh chance to watch the pictures, still at work, and from here I'm going to a drink from colleagues who are leaving the company, so it'll be for tomorrow. Can't wait to see them!!

One of the reasons I started my thread was to whine/ brag/ vent/ whatever. My life at this point consists of remodelling/ decorating. People around me get tired of hearing me talk about it. Here I can talk about it, if people get sick of it, they just have to stop reading!! :teeth:

I totally understand about people getting tired of hearing about it!! I tell my co-workers about our weekend adventures, and I think they're getting a little bored!! LOL

I like the new colors you all did, it was a little bland with the all white. Congrats on your first house, and good luck with all of the improvements!!!

Thanks! We keep telling friends and family that we'll have a get-together at our house when the work's all done...Seems like it's never going to be done!!!

The house is 104 years old, so every "little" project becomes a HUGE project by the time we're through. Just the lights, for example...The way the old fixtures were put up was not up to current code, so new boxes needed to be put in, new braces for fans and chandeliers, new holes in the ceiling..(hence the medalions we had to place at the top of the chandelier and ceiling fan), etc. Fortunately, DP used to be a lighting vendor rep for Lowes, and did lighting and ceiling fan displays all day every day. So she knows her way around it pretty well. But even for a pro, with all of the extra stuff that had to be done to make it work, a 1-2 hour project like installing a new chandelier or ceiling fan bacame a weekend project, with LOTS of trips to Lowes and Home Depot...

I finally saw the pictures and must say: WAAAAWWWW!!!

I love the new shower tile, it's so stylish! And I love your colours!!!! It all looks amazing!!!!!!! You really have good taste!

Keep us updated!!!

Beautiful! can you tell me what you did to the window? First there were curtains then there were blinds. did you just put molding around the windows?

I am really beginning to like it here.

Love the color in your kitchen! It's exactly what I wanted for mine, but DH is a 'white walls look clean and good' kind of guy :confused3 so I compromised and went with a yellowish gold. Now that I saw yours, I'm sorry I didn't use it.

Also love your ceiling fan. Very stylish!

Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful! can you tell me what you did to the window? First there were curtains then there were blinds. did you just put molding around the windows?

I am really beginning to like it here.

Thank you!

Actually, we didn't do much to the windows in the living room. The trim and molding were there already, we just took the dark curtains down and painted the trim white to contrast the brown of the walls.

I finally saw the pictures and must say: WAAAAWWWW!!!

I love the new shower tile, it's so stylish! And I love your colours!!!! It all looks amazing!!!!!!! You really have good taste!

Keep us updated!!!

Thanks!

Love the color in your kitchen! It's exactly what I wanted for mine, but DH is a 'white walls look clean and good' kind of guy :confused3 so I compromised and went with a yellowish gold. Now that I saw yours, I'm sorry I didn't use it.

Also love your ceiling fan. Very stylish!

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I'm glad we went with it now, but I was a little afraid of it when we first started putting it on the walls. :eek: ;)

So I wanted to first reply to your kind posts, but now I have to tell you about the plumbing nightmare we had yesterday!!

We decided to do a little demo work yesterday, because our cork flooring finally came in (we're doing a cork floor in the upstairs bathroom). So we had to get the old vanity, sink, and medicine cabinet out. Then the next step was going to be to start pulling up the old floor tiles so we can level the floor and begin putting the cork down.

So here's what happened when we got the sink/vanity out. The cold water was leaking. We had it shut off at the wall, but it still seemed to be leaking. It looked like we were going to have to replace the shut-off valve at the wall. But Jen (being handy like she is), decided to take the valve off and inspect it. (after shutting off the main supply of course! LOL) She found that it just needed a new rubber washer. The old one was completely disintegrated. So that was an easy fix.
But THEN...we noticed that the drain pipe was surrounded by a bunch of gross putty stuff. Jen cleared away the putty, and discovered that it was the only thing holding the drain pipe in the gasket!! It pulled right out of the floor!! SO, now we have a corroded old gasket in the floor, with no way of connecting a new drain pipe!! :(
Fortunately, we do have a friend who does handy work, and we put a call out to him asking him to come out and take a look at it and give us a bid for the repair. haven't gotten a call back from him yet. If that doesn't work, then we're outta luck. At least for a while. We cannot afford right now to pay a union plumber to do the work!!

OH! And when we pulled the medicine cabinet off of the wall, we discoverd a GAPING hole behind it!! Evidently, the cabinet that was there before was a built-in, so when they replaced it, they just covered the hole with the new cabinet. HOPEFULLY our new Ikea cabinet will be big enough to cover it. LOL

I'll try to get some pictures up this evening of our pathetic bathroom...:headache:

Eveyone have a great afternoon/evening!!

Thanks, John! We're really loving the colors! Especially the orange. It really is very nice to come downstairs every morning to the bright kitchen. It's a nice cheery start to the day.

We're planning on adding MORE bright colors! ::yes::
We bought 2 blank big canvases (sp?) from the craft store a while back, and we're planning to make our own art for the kitchen and living room. We've put an add on Craig's List for leftover paint in various colors. We're looking for other bright colors for the painting in the kitchen (like blues, reds, yellows, and purples.) Then for the living room painting, we're looking for complimentary earth tones, with maybe a splash of red. I can't wait to get the paints so we can get started on our art!! :thumbsup2 I've never done a canvas before, but I'm excited to get started! We've also started looking for cheap paint in the "oops!" section at Lowes and Home Depot everytime we go (which is QUITE often these days...LOL)

Don't they sell sample-sizes? Here they sell very small sample sizes (50 ml), for about 2 euros. That way, you can get lots of different colours for not too much money!

Don't they sell sample-sizes? Here they sell very small sample sizes (50 ml), for about 2 euros. That way, you can get lots of different colours for not too much money!

OOOooh!! I think some of the paint stores do!! I don't think the big box home improvement stores do, but I'm pretty sure the paint specialty stores do!! ::yes:: I'll have to check that. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter