Pin Codes

joshreed

Earning My Ears
How does one get pins? I see them discussed here all the times. We've scheduled our 3rd trip in 4 years...

thanks

People think by staying at disney, signing up for contests, requesting trip DVD

Not sure if there is a real science it's likely if your name is in the database they think of a way to draw in certain groups of people by offering pins.

I've been trying for years to get a pin code. I don't get what it is they want. I've signed up with multiple emails, investigated a trip but didn't book. everything every one suggests, but in the 15 years we've been going to Disney I've never ever gotten a pin code...
john

I have been going to WDW since 2009 at least once a year sometimes twice.
I've never gotten a pin code either.

I called last month to ask if I had any pin codes and talked to a really nice Cast member.
She said they send pin codes out to target certain customer bases for certain offers.

I've requested trip planning dvd's for both WDW and Disneyland at different times
I also belong to Disney e-mail....still no pin code.

Most of the time it is just me travelling to WDW. Sometimes I bring my adult son. Maybe they are mostly targeting families.
Would be a pleasant surprise to get a pin code.

Never gotten a pin code here either and I have 3 kids and a wife.

My wife did the survey at the parks this past June and get's lots of emails, but no pins.

I called today just to see if there was a PIN attached to my name, alas no such luck. Does anyone know if it is specific to an individual or is it household? Would it be worth the time to have the DW call? We too are a large family that has made frequent trips but have never received a PIN.

We are going in August using a PIN we received in the fall. We had already decided to go, but hadn't booked the trip, so it was perfect timing. Our PIN got us 25% discount on our AS Music suite. However, the deal that begins tomorrow sounds like the same rooms will be a 20% discount for the general public. So the discount was exciting, but we still would have been able to get a similar discount. The 5% extra is still nice, though.

Does this match other people's experiences--that the PIN ends up being similar or slightly better than their other public offers?

And to answer the original question--I don't know why we got the pin, but we have received several over the years (this is the first one we've used). We went in 2003 for our honeymoon, then in 2008 with our first child, but we haven't shown any particular interest in Disney in between. Didn't sign up for their e-mails or order the planning DVD or anything. So maybe disinterest is the way to go :)

I've also heard a theory that they target people who've stayed at Value resorts, and that is where we stayed on our two previous trips.

We have always stayed Value except in 1996 we stayed Caribbean Beach so I am not sure where you stay matters. Infrequent trips MAY however be why you received a PIN.

I've done everything as well trying to get a pin code. And nothing. OP, there really does seem to be a bit of randomness involved, so don't spend too much time worrying about it.

I've done everything as well trying to get a pin code. And nothing. OP, there really does seem to be a bit of randomness involved, so don't spend too much time worrying about it.

The odd thing, or so it seems, is that once you get a Pin code, you seem to get more. There are several people on the boards that talk about getting Pin codes over and over.

The odd thing, or so it seems, is that once you get a Pin code, you seem to get more. There are several people on the boards that talk about getting Pin codes over and over.

I know. And it drives me nuts.

I appointed myself president of the no-PIN club years ago. My reign is still going strong. :badpc:

I know. And it drives me nuts.

I appointed myself president of the no-PIN club years ago. My reign is still going strong. :badpc:

For our upcoming trip, My family's reservations, that were made under my name, were converted to PIN code reservations by Disney, after a long talk where they ended up applying a PIN code to the reservation in order to give me the discount that I wanted/needed.

I am very much hoping that this will somehow add our names to the list of special folk who are honoured with yearly Pins ....

For our upcoming trip, My family's reservations, that were made under my name, were converted to PIN code reservations by Disney, after a long talk where they ended up applying a PIN code to the reservation in order to give me the discount that I wanted/needed.

I am very much hoping that this will somehow add our names to the list of special folk who are honoured with yearly Pins ....

Then you've gotten further with the PIN Code gods than I ever have. :teeth:

You'll have to let me know how that plan works out.

I used a pin this time to stay at pop and I compared to spring offer, it was only a 25$ difference, not a huge savings.

I used a pin this time to stay at pop and I compared to spring offer, it was only a 25$ difference, not a huge savings.

I agree, the savings usually are not much better with a PIN code. The advantage is to have the offer earlier, and sometimes it has different eligibility dates than the general public offer.

Years ago I received a pin code that we used which at the time, I believed to be a significant savings. I've gotten a handful more pin codes at times that I couldn't use them. The most recent one I got early this year was much less of a savings over the public special offer. They are nice to get; makes you feel special and every dollar matters. But a 5% savings is not really worth stressing over. imho

Last year I used a pin code that saved me $400 over rack rate at POR. It was a good code, but nothing special, as I am sure the regular summer offer would have been very similar in savings.

DH and I have gone to WDW at least once ( mostly twice) a year for the last 15 years. We have received several Pin codes , but , sometimes for room discounts and sometimes for free dining ( my favorite ) . :thumbsup2 The " bounce back " offers are usually pretty equal to the Pin code discounts. Any way to save a little money is fine with us. Take a discount wherever you can !!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter