Pin Trading in the disney stores

I was meant to be at the event, flying down from Scotland, however my flight was cancelled due to the volcanic dust in the air. I was disappointed, especially as there were reports that it was a really good event.

I think for a first event held by DS UK it was a resounding success and I hope that they continue to run them.

Seobaina: Yes, I mean that Emma. She was lovely, and I wouldn't mind having her for a DM if I end up changing districts.

Disneybex: I agree the layout of Westfield would work very well for this type of event, and perhaps even taking it out into the mall itself for a larger event.

However, I would have reservations about doing a London based one. I think while access to London is good (good trains/flights/etc), I think it's not central enough for everyone. It's not best placed to draw in/accommodate as many people as possible. Plus, parking is a nightmare ;)

That was one of the beauties of MK - if you drew a circle of 1hr car travel time from that point, you would have encompassed a lot of the country. Try doing that from a London-based store and the result would be no where near as good!

I would definitely be in favour of a Northern event, to give those of you up there a chance to participate. As for London, maybe DS UK will have seen just how big pin trading can be and use the capital for a big pin event, similar to those that happen in WDW, like Pin Trading University several years ago, and Disney Pin Celebration - Trade City, USA, which takes place this year...

Seobaina: Yes, I mean that Emma. She was lovely, and I wouldn't mind having her for a DM if I end up changing districts.

Disneybex: I agree the layout of Westfield would work very well for this type of event, and perhaps even taking it out into the mall itself for a larger event.

However, I would have reservations about doing a London based one. I think while access to London is good (good trains/flights/etc), I think it's not central enough for everyone. It's not best placed to draw in/accommodate as many people as possible. Plus, parking is a nightmare ;)

That was one of the beauties of MK - if you drew a circle of 1hr car travel time from that point, you would have encompassed a lot of the country. Try doing that from a London-based store and the result would be no where near as good!

I would definitely be in favour of a Northern event, to give those of you up there a chance to participate. As for London, maybe DS UK will have seen just how big pin trading can be and use the capital for a big pin event, similar to those that happen in WDW, like Pin Trading University several years ago, and Disney Pin Celebration - Trade City, USA, which takes place this year...

If there was going to be a bigger, maybe weekend event in London, I'd be interested in heading there for it, depending on when it was etc. I think like you say, it'd need to be similar to the ones they hold over in the US though.

If there was going to be a bigger, maybe weekend event in London, I'd be interested in heading there for it, depending on when it was etc. I think like you say, it'd need to be similar to the ones they hold over in the US though.

Yes, that's what I was thinking - a long weekend type thing. It could be so fun! lol Mind you, they'd need to raise the profile of pin trading considerably before anything like that could happen. Although, making it a whole weekend would probably tempt a few of the US collectors to join us in the UK... :rotfl:

The Shield:
pin_shield.jpg

Top half with the limited edition completer pin top center:
pin_shield2.jpg

Close up on the other pins:
pin_shield3.jpg

How it looks when stood up:
pin_shield4.jpg

The all important LE 200 number on the back!
pin_shield5.jpg

Looks fantastic! Love the completer pin too, it's very cute! :goodvibes

Personally I'm hoping for a Manchester/North West location for the next one, as it's central in the country for many to travel if they like.

I wouldn't make it to London, as I didn't to MK. I think it'd be only fair to give us northern traders a little turn at this too.

It seems like it was well done and well attended and I'm sure the Manchester or Liverpool stores could cope well with the volumes it would need.

I'm hoping for a North West location too. London area is too far and too expensive for me to travel to.

Any excuse for a trip back to Manchester is fine with me :thumbsup2

Thanks for adding that link Becs, I've got it on watch :thumbsup2

It is no longer going to be sold online through the Disney Store, you can see the Disney Store Announcement and response to comments from people who attended the event here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=105144459518969&ref=mf

I think that's a real shame - the 200 limited edition version would still have been limited as they're a signed version (which of course the general sale version wouldn't be).

With them being sold in such a limited location, not everybody would have been able to get to them, so it would have been nice to see them made available in some way to everybody (even if they just did a small limited run of 500 or so as an online exclusive).

I think that's a real shame - the 200 limited edition version would still have been limited as they're a signed version (which of course the general sale version wouldn't be).

With them being sold in such a limited location, not everybody would have been able to get to them, so it would have been nice to see them made available in some way to everybody (even if they just did a small limited run of 500 or so as an online exclusive).

I understand where you are coming from ukstitch, but the point was the whole event promotion was geared around the fact that the shield would be EXCLUSIVE to the event - that is what everyone is annoyed about. It's not about who can and cannot get it, what is LE and signed or not, but the fact it was supposed to be only for those that went (or requested in advanced if their flight was canceled). Had all the promo not stated such, people wouldn't be so annoyed.

Would it not be perhaps sensible to get the ones to those who couldn't make it, and then hold on to the leftovers until another Pin Event. It seems that it was sucessful, so why not hold another?

Oh and they should hold the event a little more southern, so its actually travelable for me :P

just to let people know, our store got another bunch of the name badge cast lanyard pins today. i presume the other stores probably did too :)

also i want to share this with people who appreciate how dorky but cool this is, i passed my assessment today, and i'm now officially a Disney Ambassador!! :yay:

just to let people know, our store got another bunch of the name badge cast lanyard pins today. i presume the other stores probably did too :)

also i want to share this with people who appreciate how dorky but cool this is, i passed my assessment today, and i'm now officially a Disney Ambassador!! :yay:

Thanks for the update Karen! It doesn't seem that the Trafford Centre store had any today, I asked for the lanyards this morning and none to be seen! Will keep an eye out for them though :thumbsup2

Congrats! Also, yay that they've been stocked up, I'm only missing 1 from my UK Cast Sets!

i've got all 5 of this set but i'm missing one from the previous set, its the mickey in cast costume with the red shirt. really should keep an eye on ebay.....

I have the Minnie, Mickey Pluto and goofy nametag pins for trade if anyone still needs them. I mainly collect Beauty and the Beast pins and cat pins. If anyone wants to trade please email me at roanna.louth@tesco.net

Ro

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter