Pin Trading in the disney stores

I love these pins! I bought the full set the other day. The online store only has the complete set, whereas in store you can buy them individually or buy all four and claim your free fifth 'Love' pin. Here they are individually:

recycle.jpg
reuse.jpg

conserve.jpg
reduce.jpg

And the fifth, final, completer pin:
love.jpg

In regards to the Sword Series, a picture of the leaflet and a close-up of the artwork for the pins in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, follows after this!

The first pin (Sword in the Stone) is being released this weekend (17th April) in all stores, and then every two weeks after that the next one will be released. I didn't check to see if the price was included, but I guess they will be either £5 or £7, so £30 or £42 for the full set.

I really want to go to the pin event. For once, I'm not working on a Saturday, but my mum just got her shifts and she now is grrr. I am hoping she can change them, but there is a good chance she cannot. I would have loved to have gone too, if only to do the trading and other cool stuff that is going on!

Poster (don't have a scanner, so had to photograph it!):
poster.jpg

Now the close ups:
sleepingbeauty.jpg
sword.jpg

hercules.jpg
mulan.jpg

blackcauldron.jpg
aladdin.jpg

Thanks for the photo's :thumbsup2

I'm stuck now, I don't know if to order my Earth day pins on-line or get them in store :confused3 I'll check in store on Wednesday and then make up my mind I think!

I'm not too sure about the sword series, I think the only one I want there is the Aladdin one...I love that film! :lovestruc

I'm stuck now, I don't know if to order my Earth day pins on-line or get them in store :confused3 I'll check in store on Wednesday and then make up my mind I think!

The only thing with getting the set in store, is whether there are enough 'love' pins left to complete the set. Obviously, being able to buy only the complete set online means you are guaranteed the 'Love' pin. In store might be a bit harder to get it. But I would try in store first, and use online as a last resort, because there will be delivery charges to include!

I'm not too sure about the sword series, I think the only one I want there is the Aladdin one...I love that film! :lovestruc

I just like collections, so are long as it's reasonably nice, I'll want it! My bank balance wishes I were a little more choosy though.:laughing:

The only thing with getting the set in store, is whether there are enough 'love' pins left to complete the set. Obviously, being able to buy only the complete set online means you are guaranteed the 'Love' pin. In store might be a bit harder to get it. But I would try in store first, and use online as a last resort, because there will be delivery charges to include!

Totally agree, however I thought that the price for the 5 pins when adding postage was somewhat reasonable, but is starting to edge on the expensive side. Just waiting for mine to arrive now :)

We went and got all 5 pins in our local store and they really are great, especially the glittery one!

I'm with you on the sword series, I would normally only get the Aladdin pin (and maybe Mulan too) but as we can get to MK and it comes on the shield with the extra completer pin, and it will be signed, it tips it for us :rotfl:

Anyone going in to pick up the new Earth Day Pins tomorrow?

We got ours today (made use of the free postage for spending £50) and we only ordered them on Friday night. They are lovely pins, DH got the mens Earth Day t-shirt too and we got 2 BOGOF DVD's - more movie reward points :goodvibes

I wish we could get the set of Sword pins, hopefully we'll be able to get another set in the future (altough it'll probably be up in Manchester :rotfl:) I think I will buy the pins seperately as they are a lovely set from our local store.

Can someone post a pic of the signed set and let me now what the other things are :flower3: - have a great time on Saturday :cool1:

We went and got all 5 pins in our local store and they really are great, especially the glittery one!

I'm with you on the sword series, I would normally only get the Aladdin pin (and maybe Mulan too) but as we can get to MK and it comes on the shield with the extra completer pin, and it will be signed, it tips it for us :rotfl:

I just ordered my Earth Day pins on-line, I like the look of the card it comes on and it saves me spending more money than I need too in-store :lmao: But, an online edition Mr Ray fell into my basket too! :)

Lucky you getting to MK, hope you get a set of the shield! Post a picture if you can once you have one! I'm too far from MK to get there, or I may have been tempted myself with them. I hope if the signing is successful, then maybe they'll move them around the country at different times so we can all have a chance at getting a newly signed set of pins :thumbsup2

Got my set today! They are great, they do come with the backing card, however I'm going to keep them on their regular cardboard backs, just because I prefer them like that :P

Lucky you getting to MK, hope you get a set of the shield! Post a picture if you can once you have one! I'm too far from MK to get there, or I may have been tempted myself with them. I hope if the signing is successful, then maybe they'll move them around the country at different times so we can all have a chance at getting a newly signed set of pins :thumbsup2

We're hoping there won't be too much of a mad rush to get them but as there are 2 of us going we might try and get 2 so that we have 1 to trade too :cool1:

The worst thing about it, is that the shopping centre doesn't open before 9 so there is no point getting there super early to be at the front of the queue as the person at the front of the queue will likely be the one who can run the fastest from the nearest entrance! :rotfl:

Plus like you said we don't know how many people will even turn up. :confused3

The worst thing about it, is that the shopping centre doesn't open before 9 so there is no point getting there super early to be at the front of the queue as the person at the front of the queue will likely be the one who can run the fastest from the nearest entrance! :rotfl:

Plus like you said we don't know how many people will even turn up. :confused3

We are now hoping to go, although we won't be able to make too much of the whole event. My mum is working the afternoon shift, so needs to be back in London to start work at 2pm, so we are planning on doing a 9-12 session. Just hoping we can get there and there's not too many people.

Sorry for the double post. Firstly, hello to disneybex! And hello to anyone else we might have passed or spoken to this morning. :) I have now collected my lovely shield, had it signed, and still got my sparkly wristband on! :lmao:

I can't believe who much I spent this morning, but we all had a totally great day! Hope everyone else had as great a day as we did. I will try and get photos up later. :goodvibes

Sounds like a good day, looking forward to seeing the pictures :thumbsup2

I haven't taken any shield pictures just yet, but here are some pictures from my mobile from yesterday!

The queue at 8:45am yesterday morning:
dispin.jpg

The signing taking place in the corner of the store:
dispin4.jpg

Getting my shield signed:
dispin2.jpg

was it worth going? did you do much trading?

Yes, I think it was worth it. MK is only an hour away for me, so it wasn't too much of a trek. Had it been Manchester or something, I might not have gone. And while I enjoyed it, I'm not so sure my bank balance did.

Admittedly, I was carrying the bag of pins that all three of us had bought, but even so, I did have to resort to paying for an Earth Day bag because the plastic one was going to split!!! :rotfl:

All the online exclusives were available, which was great. They were also starting the Mystery Pouches that are going to be available online shortly (if not already), but with the added bonus of a £10 discount. So while they would be £25 online, they were actually only £15 if you bought in store yesterday! Total bargain - 4 Limited Editions and one Limited Release pin! Bags of traders for Florida (if we can get there in a few weeks).

There was a bit of stuff going on, although not a huge amount. There was a small pin trading board like they have at the big pin trading events in America, but it was quite tiny and limited in what was there. I suppose because we don't have access to all the cool US pins!

I know people had complained about there only being five tables for trading, but I think it was just the right amount. It gave the 'real' traders room to do their fancy bit of trading, and room for people to browse other people's collection, but it didn't overwhelm the situation.

All the CMs had lanyards on (better than just two in-store ;-) ) and were trading away with everyone. They were really getting into the swing of it. The best thing was there was a huge effort to get those just randomly coming into the store to join in the fun. Free lanyards with the UP were handed out to the kids, so they had something to swap immediately, which got them into the huge deal straight away!

(And on a side note for you, I got to meet DM Emma!)

cool, i've only ever met our DM claire :)

sounds like a cool event, i think a couple of our CMs went. i'll get to see their pins they bought tomorrow.
what are the mystery pouches (how many pins), and how much are they supposed to be if they were £10 off? :scared:

Sorry for the double post. Firstly, hello to disneybex! And hello to anyone else we might have passed or spoken to this morning. :) I have now collected my lovely shield, had it signed, and still got my sparkly wristband on! :lmao:

I can't believe who much I spent this morning, but we all had a totally great day! Hope everyone else had as great a day as we did. I will try and get photos up later. :goodvibes

Hi back! It was great meeting everyone and I would echo what everyone else has been saying, it was brilliant fun! :goodvibes

The mystery bags were great too, they weren't the same ones as on the website because they are online LE, this bag was 4 in store LE editions, we bought a couple and got quite a few from the locket series, 2 of the cinderella spinner, Donald with Chip & Dale and a villain spinner too. Great for trading! :thumbsup2

We really liked the pin board where you gave your 2 pins and then had 2 minutes to pick another 2, which was fab!

Plus I am so happy I managed to get a few pins I have been looking for from the hard core traders who brought suitcases of pins :worship:

I think the event would also work really well at the Westfield store in London which also has a similiar layout, great CMs and is in a great location in the shopping centre. I think if this was in Manchester or Birmingham it would be fine for travel but anything further than that might not be great for London based peeps.

Personally I'm hoping for a Manchester/North West location for the next one, as it's central in the country for many to travel if they like.

I wouldn't make it to London, as I didn't to MK. I think it'd be only fair to give us northern traders a little turn at this too.

It seems like it was well done and well attended and I'm sure the Manchester or Liverpool stores could cope well with the volumes it would need.

I'm hoping for a North West location too. London area is too far and too expensive for me to travel to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter