• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Pirate Week" - Limited Time Magic

Wendy31

DIS Veteran
We will be in WDW from 9/14 through 9/24.

"Talk Like a Pirate" Day is 9/19, I think, which is a Thursday.

One of the listed "future" Limited Time Magic Events is Pirate Week -

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Would it be too presumptuous to assume that Pirate Week is going to be some time around 9/19?

Now, assuming (and y'all know what they say about "assuming"!) that we are there for parts of Pirate Week, would it be safe to gamble & further assume that the events wouldn't just be limited to "Talk Like a Pirate Day"?

I ask because we are normally in the MK on Wednesday (which would be the day BEFORE "Talk Like a Pirate Day") & in AK on Thursday (the actual "Talk Like a Pirate Day").

I would like to keep our schedule the way it is, but, then again, I don't want to miss any possible extra limited time magic...

If all the events are truly all week (& nothing really extra special scheduled for "Talk Like a Pirate Day"), then I'm good - we'll be in the MK on Sunday, Tuesday for MNSSHP, Wednesday, & then the following Monday & Tuesday.

And, of course, this is all predictions, assumptions, & gambles anyway! LOL!

I would like to keep our schedule the way it is, but, then again, I don't want to miss any possible extra limited time magic...

I know you're just speculating, but I wouldn't do anything now to change your schedule in anticipation of some LTM Pirate event that may or may not happen. The whole point of LTM is that these things are unannounced up until a short time in advance, so that you can't plan around them.

Wendy31 said:
We will be in WDW from 9/14 through 9/24.

"Talk Like a Pirate" Day is 9/19, I think, which is a Thursday.

One of the listed "future" Limited Time Magic Events is Pirate Week -

Would it be too presumptuous to assume that Pirate Week is going to be some time around 9/19?

Now, assuming (and y'all know what they say about "assuming"!) that we are there for parts of Pirate Week, would it be safe to gamble & further assume that the events wouldn't just be limited to "Talk Like a Pirate Day"?

I ask because we are normally in the MK on Wednesday (which would be the day BEFORE "Talk Like a Pirate Day") & in AK on Thursday (the actual "Talk Like a Pirate Day").

If all the events are truly all week (& nothing really extra special scheduled for "Talk Like a Pirate Day"), then I'm good - we'll be in the MK on Sunday, Tuesday for MNSSHP, Wednesday, & then the following Monday & Tuesday.

And, of course, this is all predictions, assumptions, & gambles anyway! LOL!

I'd say yes.

Awesome catch!! I hope you are right because we will be there then too and my kids would love it!! The wording does seem to fit the idea. I guess time will tell...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter