• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates of the Caribbean: Your thoughts..

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
What is everyone's thoughts on what they have changed while it's been down? All the rumors of the sign out front saying they are "Telling new tales".

Personally I hope they don't change it too much. It was perfect the way it was! And I really hope they don't go changing the track of the ride. I'm not too big on large drops, and Pirates is about all I can handle. LOL But I read that was a rumor too...

Of course you guys that are going when it first opens back up better post what it's like! I won't be able to wait until we go in early July!

Thanks! That pretty much answered all my questions, sounds like it's gonna be great. Now I'm really excited!! Not for the line though, I can't imagine how bad that's gonna be! LOL

I am so excited too about riding POTC again. It has always been one of my favorite rides. Only a few more days to wait! :cool1:

JenDisneylandlver said:
I'm not too big on large drops, and Pirates is about all I can handle.

Awww, I like the drops! Especially the big one in the beginning. I wish they would add more. :teeth:

Okay, seems to be a discrepancy as to when it will officially open. According to the everything I've seen, it's July 7th, coinciding with the movie release. However, if one goes to the WDW calendar for operational updates, the closed post falls off after June 30th. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks mateys pirate: .

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the drops on POTC! They are just "perfect" for me. And really I wouldn't mind another either! Probably just not too much bigger, or it would have to be a ride I avoid food for! LOL

BensMom said:
Okay, seems to be a discrepancy as to when it will officially open. According to the everything I've seen, it's July 7th, coinciding with the movie release. However, if one goes to the WDW calendar for operational updates, the closed post falls off after June 30th. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks mateys pirate: .

Really? When I went to the Disneyland site the closed thing went away as of the whole last week of June. Which is what I had heard it would open. That link above talks about it being ready to ride on the 18th, but they'll only let CM ride it for a week. Then it will open. Gosh I hope it hasn't gotten pushed back till July 7th, that's too close to when we go (July 9th!)

Okay I went back to the Disneyland calander and here is all that they say is closed as of Monday June 26th:

Closed for Refurbishment:
Fantasmic!
Sailing Ship Columbia
Tom Sawyers Island

Just got back from Magic Kingdom. I asked a cast member at
Wilderness Lodge. She told me that Disneyland is opening 6/24 to coincide with opening of the movie out there (you know, the big premier, LA, lights, stars, limos). We have to wait here in lowly Central Florida a few more days. She said she would not be surprised if there were some soft openings, but it is still official at July 7th for WDW. I may just have to sneak over to MK the morning of July 1st, just to see. Then it's onto see the space shuttle take off at Kennedy that afternoon. Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me!

Sounds like fun! I hope they're going to have Fast Pass available, I bet it's going to be very popular.

As Disneyland is hosting the world premiere of POTC 2, the ride is opening earlier at Disneyland. It's also rumored to be getting more props and such from the films than it's WDW counterpart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter