Pixar Pier to Open June 23 at DCA; New ‘Incredibles’ Float to Join Paint the Night’ Parade

We may be the odd ones out, but I'm actually glad to hear that these dates are just after our trip. We are there the weekend before and, while we know these two rides will be closed, this bodes well for a slightly reduced crowd level overall for our time!

We will be there the 20-25th. I hope that they have some soft openings! If not, that might mean that the first two days are low crowds at least--we'll get some other things done during that period.

Anyone curious if Disney attempted to open the ride when all the passes were blocked out in anticipation of Star Wars, to see how crowds would react?

We will be there the 20-25th. I hope that they have some soft openings! If not, that might mean that the first two days are low crowds at least--we'll get some other things done during that period.

Anyone curious if Disney attempted to open the ride when all the passes were blocked out in anticipation of Star Wars, to see how crowds would react?

All the passes aren't blocked out. Just the local level passes. Our pass is only blocked on Saturdays in the summer. SO that one day it opens it will be blocked, but then DAP holders could rush to the parks on Sunday just one day later. I would expect SWGE to officially open in the summer when most passes are blocked too. And most likely the restructuring of the APs they mentioned will be in affect before SWGE opens and there will be more blockouts. I also expect Disney to sell a ton of preparties for SWGE before they officially open.

I would not expect lower crowds the week before. You've already booked your trips. So have thousands of other people. Locals are blocked all summer because Disney doesn't need their attendance during the busy summer season. Expect the days to be busy and that weekend to be extra busy. Also, Sundays in the summer are the busiest days because the DAPs are not blocked. So expect that Sunday to be extra slammed as people come in to try out the new ride.

All the passes aren't blocked out. Just the local level passes. Our pass is only blocked on Saturdays in the summer. SO that one day it opens it will be blocked, but then DAP holders could rush to the parks on Sunday just one day later. I would expect SWGE to officially open in the summer when most passes are blocked too. And most likely the restructuring of the APs they mentioned will be in affect before SWGE opens and there will be more blockouts. I also expect Disney to sell a ton of preparties for SWGE before they officially open.

I would not expect lower crowds the week before. You've already booked your trips. So have thousands of other people. Locals are blocked all summer because Disney doesn't need their attendance during the busy summer season. Expect the days to be busy and that weekend to be extra busy. Also, Sundays in the summer are the busiest days because the DAPs are not blocked. So expect that Sunday to be extra slammed as people come in to try out the new ride.

Thanks for your tips! Sunday is our last day there, so we'll plan to tackle it early and leave the park earlier. :) I was hoping to sneak in during a semi-quiet time...we've gone in October when it was SLAMMED. We'll just utilize maxpass and rider swap as much as possible and HOPEFULLY the last day will be spent re-doing favorites anyway.

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question as I haven't been following close enough but is the transformation of California Screamin into the Incredicoaster similar to when Mulholland Madness turned onto Goofy's Fly School? Like are they just adding some decorations for themeing or is there structural changes?

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question as I haven't been following close enough but is the transformation of California Screamin into the Incredicoaster similar to when Mulholland Madness turned onto Goofy's Fly School? Like are they just adding some decorations for themeing or is there structural changes?
Correct, no structural changes other than some track replacement here and there (loop was replaced with new or worked on track).

With a new fireworks show, does anyone think they may show it more often than friday, sat, sunday till summer?

Thanks for your tips! Sunday is our last day there, so we'll plan to tackle it early and leave the park earlier. :) I was hoping to sneak in during a semi-quiet time...we've gone in October when it was SLAMMED. We'll just utilize maxpass and rider swap as much as possible and HOPEFULLY the last day will be spent re-doing favorites anyway.
It may be less busy than your October visit, except the weekend. October is crazy now.

Yes. The ride layout srays the same. They are refurbing the launch, loop, and some track but general design stays the same. They are completely enclosing the scream tunnels and adding a new enclosed tunnel at the end. These are supposed to have show elements. There will also be a new soundtrack.

CA is quickly becoming my favorite park for rides. RSR, GOTG, Soarin, and now the Intedicoaster?!?!? This is awesome!

CA is quickly becoming my favorite park for rides. RSR, GOTG, Soarin, and now the Intedicoaster?!?!? This is awesome!
We LOVE DCA and don't understand why it gets such a bad rep. So many fun rides here! One of the best things about DCA is that it often feels less crowded even when lines are long. We like the food better at DCA too...

We are scheduled to leave the 23rd. Our first (and possibly only) Disneyland trip. We fly out late the 23rd. Debating if we should extend it a day.

Will max pass be available for the incredicoaster on opening day?

We are scheduled to leave the 23rd. Our first (and possibly only) Disneyland trip. We fly out late the 23rd. Debating if we should extend it a day.

Will max pass be available for the incredicoaster on opening day?
It should be. The ride is already set up for FP from when it opened back in 2001.

Given what we have seen with Guardians and such, I think soft openings and even cast member/AP previews are a thing of the past (at least with current management), basically they will close the park early and do a hard ticket event for money because people showed they would pay it with Guardians.

I am sure they probably will open it when all passes except Signature+ are blocked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter