pizza in san Diego

laurab84

Mouseketeer
please bear with me on this one I have a long shot question!!

10 years (really, that long ago!) we visited san Diego. we found the most amazing pizza place. we're heading back soon and hoping it's still there.

basically, what I can remember is sketchy to say the least.

we stayed in Humphreys half Moon hotel, to get there we headed back towards the center, we went past the big high metal chain link fence of the airport. the place was wooden, we had to climb up some wooden steps on the outside of the building to get there. I remember having a "white pizza" which had a lot of white cheese and no tomato sauce.

that's it! that's all I can remember, anybody out there have any idea at all where Im thinking of? any idea at all??

Laura Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hmmm.. I think you are looking for Bianelli's II which is gone. Sorry.

On the plus side, they're still open on the Big Island of Hawaii.

See link for street view of the building (Google hasn't updated their street view yet).

http://goo.gl/maps/5ax3p

But plenty of tasty pizza in town.

Have a great trip.

Just a travel tip that works for us: whenever we eat someplace great on a trip, we make sure to get a business card and/or a take-out menu. We keep the cards and menus in our scrapbook for that trip. That way, we have an easy reference guide for future visits to that area and looking up specific places on the internet is easy.

This won't help you with your current pizza search, unfortunately, but maybe it will help you if you find a new place you really like.

nope that's not the place! we defiantly walked up some stairs on the outside of the building to get up to the top floor.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

nope that's not the place! we defiantly walked up some stairs on the outside of the building to get up to the top floor.

Only other place that's two stories and still around if Pizza Nova in Point Loma but that has a Bay view you probably would've mentioned...

^^^ Pizza Port has excellent beer and worth seeking out, but I find the pizza lacking, bad crust and overly sweet sauce.

There's some seriously good pizza in town depending on your preference of style - American, New Haven Coal Fired, Chicago Deep Dish, Napoli, New York, etc... Let us know what you want.

And nothing tastes better than the way you remember it I've found...

Only other place that's two stories and still around if Pizza Nova in Point Loma but that has a Bay view you probably would've mentioned...

Neighborhood (Pt. Loma) would fit... not a wooden building, but maybe it once was? Dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter