• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pizza Planet - Good, Bad, or Indifferent

ESM

Earning My Ears
What have your experiences been like at Pizza Planet? We would like a quick bite to eat for lunch. Dinner will be at H&V for the Fantasmic package.

Thank you!

I thought the pizza was pretty good. My kids enjoyed the atmosphere.

My kids liked it, DH and I didn't. The pizza is mediocre at best. It's also VERY expensive, IMO. For 4 pizzas and 4 drinks, it cost over $30. For those prices, I'd rather eat at one of the sitdowns and pay slightly more. Also, you need to buy arcade tokens to play the games, and it only takes cash or credit cards, no room card.

We are planning the same meals at MGM:

Pizza Planet for lunch
Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic Package)

I got a positive response when I asked about Pizza Planet. I figure the kids will like it!

Pizza Planet delivers what it promises. Kids style fare. If you get the combo with salad it is a good value I feel. Unlimited salad dressing surprised me. Most places I have noticed are quite stingy with the dressing.

They actually had bleu cheese in ample quantity.

I quite enjoy the meal. Define it as a quicky lunch and you will not be disapointed.

We've landed there about three times now and wouldn't hesitate to return. I didn't notice it being any more expensive than the other counter service places. Given the limited counter service choices at MGM, it's the best. JMHO

I was so disappointed in the food that even the atmosphere didn't make up for it for us. I ordered a 'meal deal' package -- soda, pizza and salad. The pizza was mediocre and boring and the salad was just iceburg lettuce and boring. I was very disappointed and will probably not try it again.

On a positive note -- the soda was refreshing and the place was air conditioned! ;)

DH and I think it is the worst pizza that I've ever had. We went when DS was younger and wanted to play the games. After eating there on 2 occassions we decided to eat somewhere else and let him play the games there.

I would go with good, nothing special but not a bad option for a quick meal.

Disappointing!

Disney missed a great opportunity to replicate the Toy Story eatery, but MGM's Pizza Planet is really no more than a walk-up counter with a few arcade machines tossed in as an afterthought. So major a bummer, that I refuse to go near the place anymore.

Way too loud/noisy ~ didn't stay long enough to order anything.

We like it just as a bite to eat for lunch. It's big , plenty of seating and air-conditioned. I find it just right if are planning a big dinner later in the day.

I used to think the salads were very good and the pizza was just ok. On our past couple visits there we found the pizza to be much better. I think the meal is good for what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter