PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

Hi, I noticed your thread on the show your wedding dress thread and thought i'd have a nose- hope you dont mind but i love looking at wedding stuff. I've enjoyed reading your plans so far- i love the style(maybe not so much detail tho) of the second dress you posted on post 30, i think its really beautiful.
I've been with my Bf 7 years and we're tallked about getting married, i use to be set against getting married and had no interest in it whatever but the last year or so i dont know whats happen becuase i've made a complete turn around loool.

Look forward to seeing more of your planning.

That sounds promising Claire :)

Looks like it'll be ok not too many dramas.

As long as you remember to do it your way! :goodvibes

They're lovely dresses, and they have loads of stockists. They're also very budget friendly...... :goodvibes

Sounds very promising!! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxooxoxox

A new shop is about to open in Reading so we'll see what dresses they have to offer.

Glad the Inlaws seem to be ok with it, do what you want Claire, as DH and I gave in to family pressure and had our wedding here.
we have always regretted that we didnt get the day we wanted. (about to make up for that with our 10th anniversary trip though:love: )

I hope your 10th anniversary trip is fabulous,

Hi, I noticed your thread on the show your wedding dress thread and thought i'd have a nose- hope you dont mind but i love looking at wedding stuff. I've enjoyed reading your plans so far- i love the style(maybe not so much detail tho) of the second dress you posted on post 30, i think its really beautiful.
I've been with my Bf 7 years and we're tallked about getting married, i use to be set against getting married and had no interest in it whatever but the last year or so i dont know whats happen becuase i've made a complete turn around loool.

Look forward to seeing more of your planning.

The more the merrier. 7 year itch maybe for you?

I have no idea what you mean, I've never heard that before :confused3

Hey Claire just found your PJ!
Really liking the dress, its very pretty!

Thank you!

OOoh i see lol I've never heard that phrase before, i guess it is.. well the oposite :rotfl: Maybe one day :cloud9: . Hows that planning going?

I always wanted to get married but it was when we hit 7 years that I really felt the time was right and couldn't wait any longer.

Can't plan anything else yet so i'm in waiting mode.

I've just caught up with your PJ. I have to say the first dress you tried on is so gorgous. It suits you perfect. I think that when you try a dress on you know it is 'the one'.

I am also only having a few people - 9 including me and DF.

Can't wait to read more of your wedding plans :thumbsup2

DF and I were chatting about the wedding last night and cursing the fact we can't book till 8 months so not till April 30th which is still over 7 months away and also what we would do if we couldn't get our time/location. I think first option would be the day before instead then the day after then either the 1200 time slot or the 1700 time slot instead of the 1430 one we want. If I couldn't get any of those 9 options (I know very unlikely) I think I'd save the money and have it at the Swan/Dolphin instead.

We will be seeing my Dad and Mike's parents again at the end of the month when hopefully we will tell them the plans in full and then see if they mention an at home reception.

Is it because of the temporary Sunset Point thing I head about that you can't book until 8 months out? Coz normally it's 12 isn't it, but I remember reading there was something about it changing for SP for a limited period of time, can't remember the ins and outs of it though.

It seems like we have been waiting forever for our booking time to come round!

If it's not over a weekend I'm sure you'll get one of your first couple of choices :goodvibes

Is it because of the temporary Sunset Point thing I head about that you can't book until 8 months out? Coz normally it's 12 isn't it, but I remember reading there was something about it changing for SP for a limited period of time, can't remember the ins and outs of it though.

It seems like we have been waiting forever for our booking time to come round!

If it's not over a weekend I'm sure you'll get one of your first couple of choices :goodvibes

Yes it is. I will ask Disney again in November if its still 8 months and hope it might of changed.

I'm sure we will get one of our choices, but I hate having to book and asking everyone else to book before its booked (we will book at 11 months when the flight prices come out).

Actually the 31st times are now relagated to last choice as although i'd prefer to get married on this day I picked the 30th as I thought the 31st would be more popular and booking the restaurant and boat might be harder. The 30th is a Wednesday.

I've just caught up with your PJ. I have to say the first dress you tried on is so gorgous. It suits you perfect. I think that when you try a dress on you know it is 'the one'.

I am also only having a few people - 9 including me and DF.

Can't wait to read more of your wedding plans :thumbsup2

I meant to say thank you for reading along.

Yes it is. I will ask Disney again in November if its still 8 months and hope it might of changed.

I'm sure we will get one of our choices, but I hate having to book and asking everyone else to book before its booked (we will book at 11 months when the flight prices come out).

Actually the 31st times are now relagated to last choice as although i'd prefer to get married on this day I picked the 30th as I thought the 31st would be more popular and booking the restaurant and boat might be harder. The 30th is a Wednesday.

I thought I maybe possibly read that it was until January or something that this 8 month thing was up to, so perhaps you can book then, or whatever date the ruling goes back to normal, if it's before August.

I know, we had trouble trying to get people to book as they wanted to wait until we had the date confirmed, but thankfully they booked early in the end (something to do with Virgin being about to drop their discount by 5% ;)), but already economy had sold out on our flight so we have people flying out at different times...

Saw my Dad on Friday/Saturday, he took us out for a lovely meal to celebrate our engagement so I took the oppertunity to fill him in on the plans. He didn't say much at first, think he was slightly shocked, but he didn't say anything negagtive which I thought he might only that he wished it was a bit nearer home. He offered to pay for the meal after the wedding which is a big help and he said he wanted to pay for my wedding dress although he seems to think they don't cost much, he thought £1000 ($2000) was too much for a wedding dress, as most start at about £1000 he was being a bit naive although the ones I like at the moment is only £400 so well under that.

Then on Sunday we saw DFs parents and brother. Told his brother the plans and he was very positive. So far his Dad hasn't said much, his Mum on the other hand is negative but she doesn't actually come out and say it if the makes sense, you can just tell she isn't happy with the whole idea. Oh well she'll come round in the end i'm sure.

Hi Claire

Don't know how I missed your thread but your plans sound great so far. We had a similar issue with family. My hubby's Mum and Dad decided not to come, but they were ok with us getting married abroad. We ended up with My Mum and her partner, Hubby's Brother and his girlfriend and 3 friends. We booked our wedding and holiday through Virgin, it's was the best option for us as I used to work in travel. The plan was Sunset Pointe at 2.30pm on the 30th Nov, I was able to book this 12 months out. Sadly the weather turned and we had rain on the day but they did manage to move us to the Pavillion at no extra cost. The day was absolutely beautiful and although I loved Sunset pointe the pavillion was amazing. We have said that we might go back and renew our vows at Sunset though as I loved the location.
Good luck with you planning and keep us posted.

Hi Claire

Don't know how I missed your thread but your plans sound great so far. We had a similar issue with family. My hubby's Mum and Dad decided not to come, but they were ok with us getting married abroad. We ended up with My Mum and her partner, Hubby's Brother and his girlfriend and 3 friends. We booked our wedding and holiday through Virgin, it's was the best option for us as I used to work in travel. The plan was Sunset Pointe at 2.30pm on the 30th Nov, I was able to book this 12 months out. Sadly the weather turned and we had rain on the day but they did manage to move us to the Pavillion at no extra cost. The day was absolutely beautiful and although I loved Sunset pointe the pavillion was amazing. We have said that we might go back and renew our vows at Sunset though as I loved the location.
Good luck with you planning and keep us posted.

Hi Emma! Thanks for reading along. We have talked about maybe changing to the Wedding Pavillion so that more people can come if they want and the comfort of knowing if it rains we'll be ok. Did you feel odd just a few people in such a large space?

I know DF's Mum and Dad will definately come, they, well his Mum, just aren't happy about where it is.

I was totally surprised by the WP. I had the same thought, it looks so huge and to only have 8 or so people would it look strange. After getting over the dissapoinment of not having my favourite location, I just got on with it. Got in the Limo and thought what will be will be. When we arrived our planner met us and took me to the brides vestibule, it was beautiful. A lovely little room to get your thoughts together, there's a restroom and a vanity unit there too plus a full length mirror. I was wowed from the start. Then it was time, they opened the doors and I was greeted with the site of my hubby to be and then Cinderella's castle through the window. I have never seen anything like it and it took my breath away. I didn't notice how many people were there or if it looked odd until we saw the photo's but even then it looked ok, I would say intimate.

I don't have a picture showing the guests whilst sat down so I only really noticed it when we watched the video. This is a pic of us all together at the front
DisneyWeddingPics060.jpg

I was totally surprised by the WP. I had the same thought, it looks so huge and to only have 8 or so people would it look strange. After getting over the dissapoinment of not having my favourite location, I just got on with it. Got in the Limo and thought what will be will be. When we arrived our planner met us and took me to the brides vestibule, it was beautiful. A lovely little room to get your thoughts together, there's a restroom and a vanity unit there too plus a full length mirror. I was wowed from the start. Then it was time, they opened the doors and I was greeted with the site of my hubby to be and then Cinderella's castle through the window. I have never seen anything like it and it took my breath away. I didn't notice how many people were there or if it looked odd until we saw the photo's but even then it looked ok, I would say intimate.

I don't have a picture showing the guests whilst sat down so I only really noticed it when we watched the video. This is a pic of us all together at the front
DisneyWeddingPics060.jpg

Thanks Emma. I think we will definately think about switching as more people could come then plus no weather worries.

yeah for dad paying for the meal!! every little bit helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter