PlanDisney Panelist Search 2024 Applications Now Open

Yes! It’s so hard to find that balance between substantive information and personality. I feel like I’m always sacrificing one to allow for the other haha!

It's so tough. I didn't even attempt the thrill rides question, because I just knew I didn't want to devote 6 words to Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and another 6 to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. That's 12% of your words right there! It's really REALLY hard to be thorough, use correct nomenclature AND display some personality while also being so concise. They get tons of applications, so I totally get why the responses need to be short, but it makes it really difficult to show them what makes me a good candidate. I love writing and words in general and I always focus on flow in my writing - I like what I've written to sound pretty. Which is tough to do under these particular circumstances!

It's so tough. I didn't even attempt the thrill rides question, because I just knew I didn't want to devote 6 words to Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and another 6 to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. That's 12% of your words right there! It's really REALLY hard to be thorough, use correct nomenclature AND display some personality while also being so concise. They get tons of applications, so I totally get why the responses need to be short, but it makes it really difficult to show them what makes me a good candidate. I love writing and words in general and I always focus on flow in my writing - I like what I've written to sound pretty. Which is tough to do under these particular circumstances!
I completely agree with you. It has to be an extension of me.

I'm always impatient since R1-R2 takes almost a month! This year I planned a 2-week trip towards the end of September, thinking it would help pass the time, but then they switched up the timeline this year 😂.
I had a weekend trip to WDW last weekend and we go back on September 8th for another trip so at least I have something to look forward to. The time line is just all wack-a-doodle this year.

I had a weekend trip to WDW last weekend and we go back on September 8th for another trip so at least I have something to look forward to. The time line is just all wack-a-doodle this year.

I actually have a WDW trip booked in December that falls over the training dates 🤷‍♀️ I intentionally chose the dates we did thinking I was planning AROUND the most likely planDisney training dates. This change in schedule really threw me. I'm still applying, though. For one, I know the likelihood of me actually making the panel is so slim, it's almost certainly a non-issue. Applying is fun and I didn't want to miss out, and I also felt like it's good practice for next year. Now, if by some chance I actually made it through would make myself available. But it's also kind of nice knowing I'll be there those days no matter what!

How’s everyone hanging in there? Earlier this week, one of our dogs was unexpectedly diagnosed with Intervertebral Disc Disease and lost partial control of her back legs. Vet called for strict crate rest for a few weeks and closely monitoring her as it is all still very touch-and-go. To say it’s been heartbreaking and emotionally tolling would be an understatement… That said, I’ve been so stressed and worried about her I haven’t even given the Panel Search much thought until today. Figured I’d come here and get a little dose of “happy” chatting about one of my favorite places and topics with people who “get it”. 💖

Anybody have any guesses as to when they think we will get decisions? Probably after Labor Day weekend, right?

Unrelated to the Panel, but for those of you who have been in December, what is the weather like? I haven’t been in December in YEARS. We’ve done November recently so curious if it might be similar to that. My kids are chomping at the bit to swim at our resort, so trying to manage their expectations accordingly haha!

How’s everyone hanging in there? Earlier this week, one of our dogs was unexpectedly diagnosed with Intervertebral Disc Disease and lost partial control of her back legs. Vet called for strict crate rest for a few weeks and closely monitoring her as it is all still very touch-and-go. To say it’s been heartbreaking and emotionally tolling would be an understatement… That said, I’ve been so stressed and worried about her I haven’t even given the Panel Search much thought until today. Figured I’d come here and get a little dose of “happy” chatting about one of my favorite places and topics with people who “get it”. 💖

Anybody have any guesses as to when they think we will get decisions? Probably after Labor Day weekend, right?

Unrelated to the Panel, but for those of you who have been in December, what is the weather like? I haven’t been in December in YEARS. We’ve done November recently so curious if it might be similar to that. My kids are chomping at the bit to swim at our resort, so trying to manage their expectations accordingly haha!
Yeah, I’d like to think between Labor Day and mid September we should hear something.

We did Christmas week a couple years ago and early January the year before. It can definitely get chilly. Water in the pools can be colder, but hey, you’re in Florida, on vacation! Swim if you want to cause you definitely Won’t be swimming back home!

I’m so sorry to hear about your pup. I hope she’s able to heal and get comfortable ❤️.

On R2 emails, my guess is we’ll hear back at the end of this week or after Labor Day, but the R2 application won’t open until later in the week of Labor Day week. But we probably have only a week or so more of waiting!

I love visiting in December! I’ve gone a lot of early December and the weather can be variable. During the day in the sun, we can sometimes still wear t-shirts, but it can get cold at night. And then sometimes it’s just hotter or colder than normal, so bring a lot of layers. I like having a packable down jacket for nighttime.

The pools are heated, so the kids in my family have still gone in the pool during the day in December. But since the weather is so variable that time of year, you might not know if it’s possible til you get closer to your trip. And depending on your kids tolerance for colder water temps.

I am thinking it will be this week. That would give everyone making R2 a three day weekend to work on video submissions to be turned in Tuesday of next week, followed by a week or so of review of the videos. Then in the third week of September find out about R3 with interviews being at the end of that week and beginning of the following week and find out the next. My husband and I went through the time line from the last two week last night and if they are holding to their "end of September" conclusion that they stated on the website, then it would hold pretty true.

I am so sorry to hear about your pup-pup. I can only imagine how difficult that would be. My pups are like my kids to me so it would be devastating for something to be hurting them.

I am thinking it will be this week. That would give everyone making R2 a three day weekend to work on video submissions to be turned in Tuesday of next week, followed by a week or so of review of the videos. Then in the third week of September find out about R3 with interviews being at the end of that week and beginning of the following week and find out the next. My husband and I went through the time line from the last two week last night and if they are holding to their "end of September" conclusion that they stated on the website, then it would hold pretty true.

I would love the 3-day weekend to work on the video, but I was thinking they’d avoid it since a lot of people may be away for the holiday. We’ll find out soon! 🤞🤞

I stopped by here to see if I missed R2 notifications. I don't hold out much hope (been applying for years and only made it to R2 once), but you never know...

I am so sorry to hear about your pup-pup. I can only imagine how difficult that would be. My pups are like my kids to me so it would be devastating for something to be hurting them.

I'm also thinking this week is a pretty good possibility. I saw somewhere else that the average amount of days between R1 closed and R2 notifications is 21 days, with the shortest being 16 days and the longest at 27, which I believe was the year it was extended due to weather issues. Yesterday was 21 days. If it's not this week I imagine it will be the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Just received 3 emails from Disney in some capacity. ShopDisney, DVC, etc. Stomach dropped out of my butt!! Ugh! The anticipation!

Honesty I'm starting to get a little antsy. I haven't thought too much about it in the past few weeks but I think I've been internally predicting it's sometime this week and it's making me anxious. With Idalia though, at this point, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm sure everyone in Florida has far bigger concerns right now than the planDisney search.

Honesty I'm starting to get a little antsy. I haven't thought too much about it in the past few weeks but I think I've been internally predicting it's sometime this week and it's making me anxious. With Idalia though, at this point, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm sure everyone in Florida has far bigger concerns right now than the planDisney search.
At this point I don't think we will hear anything this week. I don't believe we have heard anything in the past after a Tuesday so I would be shocked if we heard something on a Wednesday.

At this point I don't think we will hear anything this week. I don't believe we have heard anything in the past after a Tuesday so I would be shocked if we heard something on a Wednesday.

R2 emails came out on a Thursday two years ago, but with the hurricane I’m also thinking it’s unlikely we’ll hear back this week.

R2 emails came out on a Thursday two years ago, but with the hurricane I’m also thinking it’s unlikely we’ll hear back this week.
Oh goodness! My memory is crap then!! That's good to know but thought that I had a little relief at least!! Since the parks aren't closed I'm not sure how it will impact the process or if it would at all. This year has been different as it is already.

Just checked and R2 emails were on a Monday last year and the R3 emails were on a Thursday. But yeah I’m in agreement with you both, probably not until next week. I know we’re all anxious but small potatoes, comparatively. On the bright side we’re all still in it for another week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter