planning 1st DL trip- help!

PrincessTanyuhKaypoo

I want to watch the way you creep across my skull
Hi everyone!

:wave2: I'm new to the DL boards so I have a few questions. We want to make a trip out to DL for the 50th celebration and need tons of info!

Anyone know the exact dates that all of the anniversary stuff will be in place? I know it's starting to pop up, and May 5th is the big kick off, but any idea what the last day will be? I'm looking at anywhere between Sept. '05- March '06. If we push our trip to early '06 will the party still be going on?

We will be flying from Florida, so we'll pretty much loose a day flying out and another returning so would 4 park days be sufficient time? Would 2- 4 day hoppers and 1- AP be worth it for the discounts?

Could anyone point me to some photos of the DL resort rooms? They don't seem to be as abundant as the WDW photos. We'd like to stay concierge and I heard that depending on season sometimes a concierge room at PP is less or equal to a standard room at GC. Is that true? Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the DL hotel but wonder if the little touches would be too much for us :earseek:.

Thanks so much,
princess: TKPoo

Thanks Buckimion!

I had heard that the celebration was supposed to last for 16 months I just didn't know if that was from May 5th on or what :confused3 sometimes Disney does things that seem silly :banana:

My office blocks Google images so I'll check them out later tonight, thanks!

princess:TKPoo

PrincessTanyuhKaypoo said:
We will be flying from Florida, so we'll pretty much loose a day flying out and another returning
Actually, flying out you don't have to lose an entire day as the time change works in your favor. We're flying out in May and arrive at 11:55 AM. We plan to check into the Grand Californian and hit the parks immediately!

As of now, this will be our first flight of such a distance so I don't know how everyone will be once we arrive. :sad2: I get really antsy after about 2 hours in flight so I'm not sure if we want a direct flight or one with a stop/connection. Both have there own pros and cons but we might be going to Vegas in October or December so that will be a good trial trip to see what we can all best handle.

Thanks!
princess:TKPoo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter