Please help me with my sore airplane ears!!!

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
On our last trip, I had a bad cold on the way home, and my ears felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in the ear, while descending on the plane . Is there anything I can do to help with this intense pain? What are earplanes? Any ideas would help! I'm really afraid of the plane ride because of this pain, and with my luck, I'll get another cold, as I got one on the last two trips there!!!

My cousin has this problem and she told me she used warm washcloths placed in styrafoam cups and placed them over her ears at take off and landing. Her doctor told her to do this and she said she felt stupid doing it but she said it worked. I do not remember if it was papertowels or washcloths but she wet them and asked the flight attendant to warm them in the microwave.

Earplanes are wonderful, I never fly without them. They really help relieve the pressure so even if you are not sick, you don't have the popping and distorted hearing.

I always take a decongestant about 30 minutes before boarding and put in my earplanes.

I flew down to Orlando last Dec. with a cold and achey ears and I had to change planes in Toronto, so that meant two ups and two downs and I recommend earplanes any day, anywhere and to anyone! They worked for me. Have a great trip!

I used to have to same problem... I hated to fly because of this intense pain, until I was reading on a website a way to get rid of this forever without having to wear weird things in your ears. Basically, its the same thing scuba divers do when they descend too deep. You simply close your nose (with your fingers or a hankerchief or kleenex), I usually just use my fingers, and then you try to blow air out of your nose. What happens is that the air cannot escape through your nose, so it pressurizes your ears. When I first tried this method, I was so incredibly amazed and excited that I could once again enjoy flying without the pain. Give it a try and see... Once you feel your ears start to get plugged up, try it. Most people don't have this problem because their ears naturally pressurize everything, but for certain individuals, especially babies and people with colds, this happens. Hope this helps!

I too had this problem. I used to suffer excruciating pain until somebody gave me the advice that Pacman gave in the previous post. I fly several times a year and it works a treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter