Please help...VWL 8 nights or should I split it up...

spereira

Remember The Magic!!
Hello, I have a small dilemma........
We are going to be staying at WDW for 10 nights in Jan. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 ....

2 nights POR
and
8 nights VWL
My husband wants all 8 nights at VWL but I think we should split them up 4 nights at VWL and 4 nights at BCV.....We do not mind switching resorts we have done it many, many times....I just think that 8 nights at VWL might be alittle much...lately at Disney I have not stayed anywhere longer then 5 nights without switching..I know either way it doesn't matter but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.....FYI we have stayed at WL but not the villas and loved it and we have also stayed at BCV and of course loved it and the location....Please help me decide....

I for one don't want to be packing up and moving every 4 days. It seems like you lose a day of vacation every time you move. But if you don't mind it, than you might enjoy doing the MK while your at VWL and then doing Epcot and MGM visiting while at BCV. I guess it's all personal preference. We have 3 kids so moving is a big ordeal!

If you do switch, may I suggest you stay at BCV first?
If you stay at VWL first, at check out time you will be hanging onto the couch while hotel management tries to pull you out the door.
This happens each and every time my wife and I stay at VWL. :)

MG

We are not big on staying at one resort for several days either. In fact, this Dec we are 4 nights at BCV and 4 nights at VWL. So yes, I think this is a great plan! :cool1:

I love unpacking and kicking back and staying awhile. I hate chopping up the vacation, I just never feel settled. The trip always seems shorter when I only stay four days here and four days there, but to each their own.

Since your husband wants to stay the eight nights at VWL, and lately you haven't stayed more than five nights in one place, why don't you give it a try? You might end up liking it better than breaking the trip up into multiple shorter stays.

In 5wks DS13 & I are staying 8nights at VWL before staying 6nights at BCV. I had it chopped up more but decided to make 2 longer stays instead of moving around more.

We frequently switch rooms but during this past trip my DH and I decided that next time we just want to stay put. I just want to relax next time and not move around.

Just my humble opinion, but we belong to the "don't move" club.

But with all the possibilities, everyone can do what makes them happy! Good luck making your decision.

We've got 8 nights booked at VWL for next spring break. It is costing us 3 higher point nights! OUCH! But, we are getting really tired of the moving thing. It gets old, especially when you have small kids and food. We used to do it to avoid the higher point nights, but those days are gone I think. Just stay put and relax...

The time of year adds to the reason that I would stay put. I don't think it probable that January will have a string of pool days, and for me, that's why I stay at BCV. If I just want convenience to other parks, I pick standard view BWV.

I love VWL and I think you're lucky. It's going to be awhile before we can get away for 8 nights there.

Whatever you decide, it's going to be a wonderful vacation!

Bobbi :flower:

I just stayed at the VWL for 5 nights and the BCV for 5 nights----

I will say that I was sad when we moved over to BCV. DO not get me wrong I enjoyed both resorts in their own way but I could have stayed at the lodge the whole stay!!

We are also members of the "don't move club". However, we stayed at VWL for 6 nights in April and I wasn't overly thrilled with our stay. We had a great room and all, but the resort was just far too crowded for us. I'm not saying that BC won't be as busy, but I really had had enough of WL after 4 nights.

It was very frustrating fighting with all of the people from the campground for a place on the boat to MK and the bus service was horrible. We aren't big fans of WCC, so eating out wasn't readily available. When we had PS at the Contemporary, it took 45 minutes for the boat to arrive. We were almost late.

The pools were absolutely mobbed. Both the quiet and theme pool. When we went to Beaches & Cream one afternoon, SAB was crowded, but when we walked by the pool at the villas, it was empty as it has been everytime we've been there. Overall, I wasn't pleased with the WL, we love the villas, but the hotel takes so much away from it, that we won't be going back there for a while. Believe me, I am not putting down the villas at all, I just am not pleased with the hotel portion.

I absolutely love VWL, but a 8 day stay there seems too long to me.
I always seems to be drawn to the BW for longer stays. I guess I just love being in the middle of the action and being able to walk to different locations for dinner.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

We love the VWL!! We have moved from VWL to BCV twice and have felt such disappointment both times. My husband hates BCV and refuses to stay there ever again. :rolleyes: We had so many room problems and we find the transportation at BCV to be really awful. Buses and boats always full with guests from other resorts. We have had really great luck with our transportation at VWL. I would say if you don't mind moving - end your stay with your favorite. Maybe if we had started at BCV and then moved to VWL we wouldn't be so down on BCV. I think if we ever split again we will try the new resort first and end with VWL. It feels like "home". :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter