Please Help

LU68

Earning My Ears
My family will be going to DL on Aug23/06, our kids is older now and will only use a one day hopper tickets, we are planning to go to the Electrical parade at the Adventure park and done by 9:00PM, and want to catch the 9:25pm dreams come true firework at the DL park, where should we go to get the best view of the firework from the adventure park in about 10 to 15 minutes, and I assume the adventure park is also close at 9:00pm. Do I need to travel back to the DL park in order to see the firework? Any suggestion welcome. Thanks in advance.

If you catch the ELP at it's starting point in Paradise Pier, you should be able to get inside DL in time for the fireworks. Don't follow the parade to the front of the park, though. Go through the Grizzly Peak area and past Soarin' to the front of the park. You won't get that good of a view of the fireworks, through. If you can, try to watch them from the train station on Main Street (ther CMs there may or may not let you--technically their not supposed to is what I've heard from them, but I've also not been told to leave the 2 times I've watched them from there). To me, the fireworks are just lights in the sky w/o the music, so watch them from inside DL if at all possible.

Definitely go into DL. If Main Street is crowded, make your way over to Tomorrowland and stand near Space Mountain's entrance/exit area. You'll get a great view of the fireworks and Tink.

Itinkso said:
Definitely go into DL. If Main Street is crowded, make your way over to Tomorrowland and stand near Space Mountain's entrance/exit area. You'll get a great view of the fireworks and Tink.

If I make it to tomorrowland for the firework, would I hear the sound effect, or is it better to stay at the main stereet or train station for sound and better view. Thanks for the suggestion.

LU68 said:
If I make it to tomorrowland for the firework, would I hear the sound effect, or is it better to stay at the main stereet or train station for sound and better view. Thanks for the suggestion.

You'll hear the music and the narration. Tomorrowland is closer to the hub than the train station.

I think you're going to have a really hard time seeing the Electrical Parade at Paradise Pier and then getting over to Disneyland before the fireworks start at 9:25. It's a pretty long walk, and once you get into Disneyland you'll probably find that Main Street is pretty packed and it's hard to move very quickly. And really, how much are you going to enjoy the Electrical Parade if what you're mainly thinking about is how soon it will be over so you can make your way to DL?

(The Electrical Parade used to run from Sushine Plaza to Paradise Pier but I think one of the reasons they reversed it was because there were too many people leaving the park to head over to DL for the fireworks.)

If you still want to try, I would recommend watching the parade from right in front of Golden Dreams (or as close as they will let you get, since it's probably designated as a walkway area), and then walk to the park entrance via Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats, as iceskatejen suggested.

Laura

It is going to be very hard for you to do this...we tried in August around the same time you are going last year. Stood at the end of the parade route right be the entrance to DCA. We ran out of the park before the last float even came to us. The problem isn't having enough time it is that you will get caught up in the DL park entrance trying to get back in. You will not be the only one that has this idea. When we were just getting through the DL park gate the fireworks started so yes it did take us 20 minutes to make it through. We ended up watching the fireworks from the end of a very packed main street. Once we got to main street we could not move anywhere else and not very fast it was very crowded with late arrivals. Which is cool we still saw them but didn't see any of the special lighting stuff.

There's almost no way to do it if you watch the parade in the front of DCA. You have to watch it from near where the parade begins, not where it ends. I've made it into DL with plenty (read 10 minutes or so) of time to spare doing this, but you do have to see it from the Paradise Pier area.

If you are going to trying to make it down Main street, try going thru the stores instead of down the street. I've done it durning the parade and it has always worked well for me. You want to go it on the Emporium side other wise you'll have to go out on main street. Have fun!

Thanks, looks like I will need to work out a plan and going to be a challenge to do both, wish I have a pair of those kid's shoes that come with wheels so I can move fast to the main street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter