Please remember when there's not a war

ericamanda01

<font color=deeppink>Some people dream in black an
My DH-2-be and I both served in the Navy. He joined just before the gulf war ended and I shortly after that. We served a total of 8 years. I love to see all this support for those now serving but it also upsets me as well. When we were in there were several "conflicts" as the military calls them, that weren't big enough news stories. So they were never heard of.

We worked 18 hour days for 6 months at a time on many cruises with NO days off, no vacations, and no family. I will admit that there were time when I hated it and it would have been easy to quit, but it is just not done. Those times when there are no news worthy wars or conflicts please remember that there are still men and women risking thier lives so americans don't have to hear about the problems that our country is involved in and they can go on living the american dream. Because that's what our military is for.

And God bless America!!!!
:sunny:

Thank You!

Some of us do know-when you stand in the breach you do it 24/7 365 not just when there is a newsworthy conflict.

It takes special people to do it-I know I am married to one-so you deserve the thanks of a greatful nation!

My boyfriend is a Navy Corpsman so we know all about 14+ hour days! He is over in the sand box (kittylitter) right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter