please suggest insurance companies

travelwith4kids

Mouseketeer
I cant seem to find the search tool? I'm sure I have asked this before on here but will ask again.
What travel insurance company do you use/recommend?
The TA quoted $700 but I do remember it was suggested that booking insurance through the TA was always more expensive and that I should just do myself online.
All thought appreciated, Thanks :)

The search tool is currently unavailable but should be back in a day or two, apparently.

I don't have any personal recommendations, but Choice recently (November 2014) did a comparison of travel insurance policies from dozens of providers. I'm not sure if this particular article is available to non-subscribers, but it was an interesting read and does all the leg work for you. I tend to trust Choice articles because they are not sponsored or paid by any of the insurance providers like some other insurance comparison websites are.

It does depend on your circumstances, but their recommended policy was Good2Go The Works, so that might be a good starting point for you.

I use Travel Insurance Direct and buy an annual policy - if you go on more than one trip a year, even domestically, it's a great deal. Even if you don't, it's well under the $700 for one trip the travel agent is quoting you. Kids are covered free of charge on an adult policy. If you google you can generally find a code for between ten and twenty percent off.

I got our agent to give us a couple of quotes this weekend and both were around the $700-750 mark for a 5-week trip to the USA. I also have a gold credit card through which I get free travel insurance. I sat down last night and looked through the terms for each.. The CC insurance has lower limits, but still covers unlimited medical, $3000 per item for cameras, ipads, laptops etc, up to $2250 car rental excess etc. We are going to just go with the credit card insurance (through CBA, which is underwritten by Zurich). If you have a gold/platinum credit card, it might be worthwhile checking into this.

I only ever use travel insurance that uses Covermore.

Currently NRMA and Flight Centre both provide such policies, others may too.

It is actually not about the coverage or even price, it is trusting that if something goes wrong you will be looked after and your claim paid in a timely manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter