POA. How long is it effective.

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
DH had a power of Attorney for the last deployment in 2002. I can't find it. Is it worth looking for or do you think it is expired? Thanks

All of mine expire every 4 years. Do you only need 1? Lucky you, I have I think 5 or 6. It's sad when Ft Campbell doesn't even take their own general one. Is that an army thing?

DawnCt1 said:
DH had a power of Attorney for the last deployment in 2002. I can't find it. Is it worth looking for or do you think it is expired? Thanks

DH is AF and this is the first time deployed, not bad for 12yrs, he actually has a date on his...I think July but there is a clause regarding MIA then they are indefinite.

79 days to go :cheer2:

I looked for it again and it isn't where I thought it was. I have no idea what I did with it.

When DH was active duty I think his were different than now as a reservist. During his last deployment as a reservist he had a POA that was good for 2 years from issue date (done during Mob process). It is actually still good another 6 months from now. It may vary according to deployment lengths. I have 3 copies I think. There are lots of clauses too in case he was MIA, etc. I actually never needed to use the POA though. But good to know that I had it if need be.

Your DH will surely have to get another when he deploys. They were one of the Mob stations I think, on his checklist. DH flew through the Mob (and demob, thankfully) stations as he went as an individual, not a unit. Yes, it is harder to get info as an individual, but there are more "pluses" going this way too.

How much longer until he leaves?

BibbidiBobbidiBOO said:
When DH was active duty I think his were different than now as a reservist. During his last deployment as a reservist he had a POA that was good for 2 years from issue date (done during Mob process). It is actually still good another 6 months from now. It may vary according to deployment lengths. I have 3 copies I think. There are lots of clauses too in case he was MIA, etc. I actually never needed to use the POA though. But good to know that I had it if need be.

Your DH will surely have to get another when he deploys. They were one of the Mob stations I think, on his checklist. DH flew through the Mob (and demob, thankfully) stations as he went as an individual, not a unit. Yes, it is harder to get info as an individual, but there are more "pluses" going this way too.

How much longer until he leaves?

It was a lot easier when he went with his unit. The unit he has been transferred to is somewhere in New York and then he goes to Bliss. I wonder if they have a JAG officer at Westover that could help with this? I think I will call and check this week. He is leaving on the 11 Feb.

a General POA issued by a guard or reserve JAG would be good for 2 years from the day it was issued-your STARC or reserve MACOM should be able to assist you with what ever you need even if he is going as a cross level but you definately want to get it done this week-it will be a huge pain in the *** after he leaves

Well, we are moving closer to the date. We have the POA with no expiration date listed. I have one more "kid id" to get, but I have the paper work so I can go to Westover without DH. The banks have been notified to cut our rate to 6%, so I think we are as ready as we can be. Now lets hope that it doesn't snow....the rest of the winter.

DawnCt1 said:
I have one more "kid id" to get, but I have the paper work so I can go to Westover without DH.

We got ours after DH left, no trouble at all.

DawnCt1 said:
Now lets hope that it doesn't snow....the rest of the winter.

Good luck with that one! We had 3 or 4 hurricanes hit the first 2 months DH was in Iraq. Talk about stress!!! :eek:

DawnCT1 said:
It was a lot easier when he went with his unit
For the family, it has to be! But for DH things were a LOT better going solo.

Now try and enjoy your last few days together before he leaves. :goodvibes

BibbidiBobbidiBOO said:
Now try and enjoy your last few days together before he leaves. :goodvibes

Yesterday was DH's last day at work. They gave him a wonderful party. Tonight we are going out to dinner with BIL and SIL. My brother is coming to our house around 10 pm to stay the night. He has "guards" tomorrow and its close to our town. Tomorrow, just our family will go out to dinner. Sunday, he leaves....BUT, there is a huge snow storm predicted for Saturday night and Sunday morning. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter