Pocahontas Show Closing

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
Pocahontas and her forest friends show at AK will have it's last show on Sept. 27 2008.

I for one will not miss it, and will be awaiting whatever will replace it.

Pocahontas and her forest friends show at AK will have it's last show on Sept. 27 2008.

I for one will not miss it, and will be awaiting whatever will replace it.

Same here. I've seen it once. It doesn't even have the nap factor that Sounds Dangerous has, so it's pretty useless to me.

It was closed when we were there, so we didn't even get to be disappointed by it!! :lmao:

Sounds dangerously was right up there with the Ellen thingy.

I'm glad you let us know. I gotta get my 6 year old over there before it's gone. Somehow, I just haven't managed to get back to that part of AK since 2000... :rolleyes1

For us the highpoint of Camp Minnie Mickey is that's where my now 15 year old lost a tooth in a Disney theme park. I told her that Tinkerbelle is the tooth fairy when you lose a tooth at Disney and she brings Disney dollars. My kids still talk about that!

I have a hard time with the Lion King show...it makes me sad seeing the old parade float from the Lion King Celebration parade at Disneyland and what's become of it now. IMO, that was the best parade there ever was!

Sue in Texas

It was closed when we were there, so we didn't even get to be disappointed by it!! :lmao:

Sounds dangerously was right up there with the Ellen thingy.

Worse, no A/C and hard wood bench.

I predict it will be replaced by large green plywood walls blocking the entrance.

I never saw this show. It was never high on my must see list. Actually it was never on the list at all!

I used to go just to see Pocahantas. She was pretty easy on the eyes.

I don't even remember hearing about it so obviously we haven't been and won't miss it.

I used to go just to see Pocahantas. She was pretty easy on the eyes.

I'm more of a little mermaid / jasmin kinda guy.... although I wouldn't throw pochahantas out of my tee pee for eating crackers.

I think the younger kids really liked the show. We saw it once several years back w/ our oldes dd. I guess I should take dd2 and dd3 to see it in Sept before its gone!

Pocahontas was very pretty...but the show was pathetic. It seemed like someone said "we have this little space here, throw a stage over there and put a pretty girl on it, and maybe some animals....pretty girls and animals is always a winner. If we build it, they will come." Well.....we came....but never felt the need to come back.

Never saw it...didn't care for the movie either. Did like the Hunchback of Notre Dame show that was at MGM(I think?) years ago. THAT I thought was good.

The Hunchback WAS really good.....we only got to see it once. I also thought Tarzan Rocks was pretty good.....havent seen the Nemo show, thats a "must do" on our next trip.

Hunchback was the best show ever at WDW. Tarzan Rocks was good too. Nemo is good too - We saw it in January and then didn't have time to ride EE because we had to be back in Epcot to meet some people.

Went to see it once ...That was enough......My dd even said it was lame....that was a couple of years ago....Pocahantas:thumbsup2 now she was cute...but it ended there!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter