Point incurrements

Axelshire

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking about buying a small pt package with DVC. But as my family expands, I'm sure I'll need more pts. Can a person buy as many or as little pts as they want? Does Disney just add it to my existing deed? Thanks for the help.

At this time, the minumum purchase is 150 points @$75/point. You can add on as little as 25 points, but only at the resorts available at the time of purchase. Old Key West and BoardWalk Villas are currently sold out. Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Hilton Head and Vero Beach are currently available. Beach Club Villas will be opened next September. You purchase points at one resort which is your home resort which gives you 11 month booking priority. You may book at the other resorts 7 months in advance. If you buy points at one resort now, you may not be able to add points to that resort in the future if that resort sells out. Please read FAQ as there is so much more to DVC. Another option is the resale market where OKW and BWV are available at a small savings.

Though you may have less choices resale, there are potential savings. Also, OKW and BW and soon to be VB, HH and WLV can only be bought resale. Once a resort is sold out, you will not be able to buy from DVC any more. There are limited exceptions when DVC buys back points from resale from time to time.

If you want a resort DVC is currently selling or will soon be selling, you may want to consider buying from DVC directly. That's especially true if you will not be able to go within the next 6-9 months or if you want an exact number of points in a small points package of 190 or less. Just compare the numbers and see what's best for you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter