• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Police/Fireman Free Park Entry

ckr,
I'll see what I can find out. Don't know if I'll be able to get SW info out of BG employees, but I will try!

Any one else? :D

Not only for checking for me, but for also understanding what the heck I was referring to!!

It's been a long week! Have a great weekend!! :0)

I couldn't find any other posts regarding this so I thought I would share what I found out

Just out of curiosity I called BG to ask what they considered to be "immediate family" and the girl told me that "immediate family" was considered to be anyone who lives in your house.

I called because I wanted to see if that included our parents and they said only if they live with you and then they told me the rest.

I think that this is so wonderful for them to do. My husband was suspicious when I told him ... he thought when I told him all he would have to do is show his badge he said "I'm not badging my way into a park! We will pay the admission price!" I had to further explain what Anheiser-Bush was promoting and he was absolutely floored. He really was taken aback with their genorosity. It sad that it takes such a tragedy for our police officers, firefighters, and EMS personell to be appreciated.

Anyone who lays their life on the line for another is a HERO in my book!

Toni,
Just an ID is fine, in fact that is all that they asked for.

CKR,
I could not find an answer to your questions. Your best bet is to contract SWO directly and ask them

Here is what to expect when you go to BG/SW:

There is a special area set up to process the America Heros. Make sure you get to the park early. We were early and waited for the parking lot to open. Let's see BG opened at 10:00 and they opened the parking lot a little befor 9:30. We didn't get into the park until almost 9:50. It takes a while to process. They will first ask you whether you are police, fire, EMS or military. They the American Hero fills out the corresponding sheet. It's then that they ask you for an ID and ask how many guest tickets you will need. DH said I need three tickets, one for my wife and two kids. They never asked to see my ID or anything. FYI, I do have a small badge charm on my necklace, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. After the sheet is filled out, DH was told to go stand in a line for processing. There is a portable trailer set up, where they take your information, take your picture and give you an admission pass/ID which is plastic and they give you a packet of information along with guest tickets. Family is asked to wait and does not stand in line. In the packet is a lanyard. They would like you to wear the plastic ID which states "American Hero". DH did not want to wear his (like that was a big surprise) so he plopped it over my head. No big deal. I can guarantee that NOBODY thought that I was on the job. :) After that we went into the park. Even though it was not supposed to open until 10:00 Montu was already up and running and we got right on.

So, allow yourselves some extra time to be processed. We were one of the first there and it still took about 15 to 20 minutes. The funny thing is that the ID said it was good for BG only. I wonder if DH would have to go through the same process at SWO.

They were checking your bags as you entered the park (sort-of). I could have walked right in, but I shoved my backback under the nose of one of the security guards. Maybe I wasn't high risk because of DH, I don't know.

We had fun. Not crowded walked on to most rides. The biggest wait was about 25 minutes for Gwanzi and that was only becuase they had one coaster going for Lion and one coaster going for Tiger. When we went back later and they had two online for each one, it was almost walk on.

Rhino Rally's water portion was closed down, but they didn't tell you until you were on the ride, so we wasted about 15-20 minutes for the 5 minute land portion. This ride bothered me because there weren't that many barriers between the animals and the land rovers.

All day all DH and I could think was, this is not Disney. But again, we really enjoyed the coasters and Kumba is still our favorite.

Where did you get a badge charm? I have a charm braclet w/ handcuffs and a pistol. I would love to find a badge!

Thanks!
Toni

Toni,
DH ordered from a Jeweler in the mall, I think he had to look through a charm book. He was very picky because he wanted it to look just like the State of Florida badges. Then he went to another place and had it inscribe "Police Officer Wife" and then his ID number. Mine's the medium size. I believe they have ones that are a little smaller that would be great for a charm bracelet.

So your best bet would be to check with a local jeweler who specializes in charms.

Toni, we are in NYC and they sell badge/shield charms in evry jewelry store. DH is NYPD and bought me one when we first started dating :D

I am active-duty Air Force and we have received several messages and briefings about this offer being available to military personnel. I think it is a great offer, and hopefully we will be able to take advantage of it sometime soon. I would really be surprised if Disney came up with anything like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter