• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Police/Fireman Free Park Entry

I called Universal this morning - they have not decided what they want to do yet. We leave for WDW Saturday and we will ask at check in.

I already have annual passes for WDW, Universal and Sea World! Oh well.

Please keep all those who lost their lives on 9/11 in your prayers. With the low airfares I am booked for my next set of days off, hoping they don't call me in on overtime.

volunteer firefighters
I know I read on one of the sights...seaworld or Busch Gardens....down on the bottom of the page that was about this offer.......I wish I could remember where.....It clearly stated that they understand half of our nations firefighters are volunteers and that they indeed are included. I am working right now, but later I will try to find this again. I am POSITIVE I read this!

Ok, we went to Busch Gardens in VA last Saturday. Everything went great. DH showed his sft. badge and they gave us 5 one day tickets. DH was sent to get a Heros ID with pix for future use the rest of the year. They even gave 20 percent food and shopping coupons. It was a great gift from the AB Co.

I would really prefer not to travel with my badge, has anyone used a commission card (picture id)?
thanks!
Toni

I called Busch Gardens this Thursday. Free Park entry for active military members and their immediate families for the first visit. It includes Sea World too. Must be active duty with proper ID.

based upon the cuts that Disney is doing it doesn't seem feasible that they are going to offer any discounts to anyone.

Del

leslieh - It is great to hear your pleasant experience at the park in Williamsburg. The in park discounts they offered are better than my season pass discount of 10%. Glad to see how AB is handling this offer.

tonilea - an id card should be fine. I would call the park just to make sure. They should have plenty of experience with this program by now.

As far as Disney goes, they need to offer discounts to get people in the parks. Busch Entertainment has said to the local media here, that there has been no drop in attendance and has been no need to cut jobs at Busch Gardens in Tampa. I trully believe if Disney offers a similar deal as AB, that they would still profit from the increase spending in their parks that these people would bring. Now is not the time to be stingy with discounts. Get people in the parks even though they might only be paying $30 instead of $50. They make nothing and have to cut employees when people don't visit at all. There are several ways to obtain a discount to Busch Gardens for one day, something I have not seen Disney offer even to Florida residents or AAA members.

When should we assume Disney and Universal are not going to make an offer like this? I am taking my family of 6 to Disney for Thanksgiving, and it would be wonderful to be able to "do" it cheaper- we are trying to get some leave in and a vacation for hubby before another batch of deployments starts.
BTW- does anyone know if the "service" member has to be present? There are lots of families around here that would love to take advantage of this offer, but their sponsors are not here.
Amy
freebiewithme@aol.com

Unfortunately, this offer is not for the military. The sponsor has to be with the family which prevents any abuse. It is an understandable rule. I believe Disney or Universal would of matched this program by now if they were going to do it. The busy holiday season is approaching soon and they would of at least offered something up until Thanksgiving. I hope I am wrong in this case though.

At this point, I do not think Disney or Universal will match the Busch Gardens / Sea World offer. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Disney matched BG/SW. (These are my personal feelings and do not apply to anyone else..... I do not want to offend anyone..... ) But I found myself becoming annoyed because Disney was not matching the offer. Instead of being upset at Disney (they certainly are not obligated to give free or reduced admission), I intend to thank BG/SW the only way I know how..... by spending more of my money in their park.

I have been so upset with WDW for the last few days, because of the reduced hours, and cancellation of EE. But, I am going to try to be more positive, afterall, we went for the first time last year, stayed off-site (so no EE) and had a fabulous time. So, I am still going and I am going to have a wonderful time. Though I may change my ressies to off-site. I certainly feel like benefits are being reduced, without a corresponding reduction in Price!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry for ranting, but I do feel a bit better
Toni:)

At this point, I do not think Disney or Universal will match the Busch Gardens / Sea World offer. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Disney matched BG/SW. (These are my personal feelings and do not apply to anyone else..... I do not want to offend anyone..... ) But I found myself becoming annoyed because Disney was not matching the offer. Instead of being upset at Disney (they certainly are not obligated to give free or reduced admission), I intend to thank BG/SW the only way I know how..... by spending more of my money in their park.

I have been so upset with WDW for the last few days, because of the reduced hours, and cancellation of EE. But, I am going to try to be more positive, afterall, we went for the first time last year, stayed off-site (so no EE) and had a fabulous time. So, I am still going and I am going to have a wonderful time. Though I may change my ressies to off-site. I certainly feel like benefits are being reduced, without a corresponding reduction in Price!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry for ranting, but I do feel a bit better
Toni:)

Sorry, I just noticed an above post about the Military being included. This is even better! Explains why I read on another board that the Williamsburg park was crowded last weekend. Hope a lot of the millitary familes in the nearby Norfolk area enjoyed themselves. A co-worker told me the Tampa park was crowded last Saturday also. Busch is really advertising this offer on the local radio here. Glad to see people taking advantage of this offer. This is one of the few times where crowds won't bother me. The fact that my family's 2yr BG/SW season passes are helping these honored guests visit for free, makes me feel really good. I will drink a Bud to that!!

Buschfan- I understand what you are saying about the service member needing to be present to keep down abuse. But there are an awful lot of family members here who have said goodbye to their soldiers- not even knowing where they were going or when they would be back. It would be awful nice if they could take advantage of this offer too. Most likely the "guys" from here won't even be back until after the first of the year- after this gift is gone.
Amy

I would really prefer not to travel with my badge, has anyone used a commission card (picture id)?

LOL. A few months ago my DH bought a special wallet from Galls just so he could have one of his extra badges with him at all times. It also has a space for his ID card. I guess not all Police Officers are the same. :)

When we go to the Theme Parks I always end up getting stuck with his wallet in my backpack. That badge is heavy. :D

I guess what I really meant was I don't want to carry my badge without a weapon. I don't think they would appreciate me bringing a gun on the plane. :earseek: I always carry both here..... I sorta consider them a "matched set".....

Toni

Toni,
We're going to Busch Gardens this Sunday. I'll check with them about the ID card thing. I'll post here Tuesday with the answer. :)

I know about the matched set thing. It really does no good to have your badge when you don't have anything to back it up with. :D I think this was more of a case of a boy and his toys (either that or well so and so has one).

Will you also check on the "2nd Day Free" policy (as it applies to these Police Officer's family free tix) for me? I've asked a few times on different boards and haven't gotten an answer. (Guess I could just call, eh? ha ha!)

We'll be getting off the Disney Cruise on T-G day and if we can get the 2nd day free, would want to go for part of the day on T-G day, then the 2nd day being Friday. If not, we'll just spend Friday there. See what you can find out, if you don't mind. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter