Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Not sure if you've seen this. I had been searching for a while, and finally found this yesterday:

View attachment 579519

They also have a timeline for AZ
They already bumped it up, so people aged 70 and older and those who received their first dose by April 18 can book starting Monday. I think we'll see an accelerated roll out to get ahead of this variant. Our area is finally seeing pharmacies and pop up clinics starting to happen, so I'm hopeful we'll get more shots in arms. We've seen an increase in our district fueled by variants of concern in some area first nations and small communities. Only my dh has had both shots as he works in a LTC facility. I worry everyone thinks they are protected enough by one shot and are tired of lockdowns, they are having sleepovers with kids, riding in cars together, etc, it will easily spread here as we are a hub for these outlying communities for shopping, healthcare, family, etc.

My first shot was AZ. I'm already on a waitlist at the pharmacy where I got my first shot to get a link to reschedule my second shot. On monday the provincial booking site opens to make appointments from the 12 week period. I'm taking whatever I get an appointment for. I'm not picky about.my second shot I just want to be fully vaccinated so life can move on.
Do you think we will be able to book these appointments in advance or will we need the twelve week mark to arrive before booking?

Do you think we will be able to book these appointments in advance or will we need the twelve week mark to arrive before booking?
I know the pharmacy we went to only booked exactly the number of appointments to use the doses they had on hand. They are going on a weekly basis to avoid needing to cancel and have a list of people who've agreed to come on short notice. This is Rexall and I got another email late yesterday confirming that they will be reaching out on a first in, first out basis.

here's the info on their website for other Rexall jabbed folks

Rexall vaccines

First dose was April 14th with second pre-booked for August 4th. We requested an earlier appointment on Monday through our local health department in Waterloo. We received the call on Thursday, our appointment was yesterday. We are now fully vaccinated. If you pre-register with open availability, you just might get a call like we did. Sometimes they just need to fill the open spots that seniors aren’t filling so they don’t waste vaccine. We received Pfizer both times. Second shot, only a slightly sore arm today. We are very grateful and Disney is looking closer for us 😊Hubby and I are 60 plus Group.

First dose was April 14th with second pre-booked for August 4th. We requested an earlier appointment on Monday through our local health department in Waterloo. We received the call on Thursday, our appointment was yesterday. We are now fully vaccinated. If you pre-register with open availability, you just might get a call like we did. Sometimes they just need to fill the open spots that seniors aren’t filling so they don’t waste vaccine. We received Pfizer both times. Second shot, only a slightly sore arm today. We are very grateful and Disney is looking closer for us 😊Hubby and I are 60 plus Group.
What was your first dose?

I'm wondering if everyone is supposed to wait the 12 weeks or only those who got AZ first and if any AZ recipients are getting a second dose before the 12 weeks.

Yup I wasn't sure about that as well but I have written on a calendar now when my 12 weeks is up. July 6 for me.
They are booking right now on the Durham website for people who had their first doses before April 18th. No mention of 12 weeks. I think I remember you and I were vaccinated the same day in Durham. I’m booked for my second dose this Thursday. Go check out the website!

They are booking right now on the Durham website for people who had their first doses before April 18th. No mention of 12 weeks. I think I remember you and I were vaccinated the same day in Durham. I’m booked for my second dose this Thursday. Go check out the website!
I was going to ask that question about which ones had to wait the 12 weeks. I will go check out the site and see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up.
Edited- just checked and nothing for the rest of June so I will have to check again later. It will probably be the 12 weeks by the time I get another appointment.

Last edited:
I was going to ask that question about which ones had to wait the 12 weeks. I will go check out the site and see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up.
Edited- just checked and nothing for the rest of June so I will have to check again later. It will probably be the 12 weeks by the time I get another appointment.
Definitely keep checking throughout the weekend and early Monday since the announcement states they will open up on Monday. I bet more appointments will pop up.
Good luck!

12 Weeks is for the AZ people. The antibodies continue to develop until then so the 2nd jab will boost things to their maximum potential. Pfizer and Moderna people just need to make sure to wait the 28 days before attempting dose #2 (Ontario at least)

AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose Update from Rexall – Ontario Only
Effective June 4, 2021 and in alignment with NACI’s recommendation, Ontarians who have received their first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can choose to either receive a second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, or an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine for their second dose. These second dose options will be provided at the recommended 12-week interval.

Last edited:
Trying to use Halton website to book second dose, but our first was AZ. I was hoping they'd update their website at midnight, like they've done before, but no luck. :(

We are now 4/6 with first dose here. My younger 2 aren’t 12 yet, so aren’t eligible.

I had Pfizer in mid April. I was able to request to move my second dose up today, so I did that. I was originally scheduled for Aug 1.

DH had Moderna in early May. He’ll request to move his up when he’s eligible to do that.

The older kids (16, 14) got their first doses of Pfizer May 24. They were scheduled for Sept 13 for second doses,but I was able to request theirs be moved up last week. I’m assuming they’ll get their 2nd doses some time in August.

Tried the Durham site this morning and nothing available anywhere. We have to book through this site not Ontario site. Will try again tomorrow.

They already bumped it up, so people aged 70 and older and those who received their first dose by April 18 can book starting Monday. I think we'll see an accelerated roll out to get ahead of this variant. Our area is finally seeing pharmacies and pop up clinics starting to happen, so I'm hopeful we'll get more shots in arms. We've seen an increase in our district fueled by variants of concern in some area first nations and small communities. Only my dh has had both shots as he works in a LTC facility. I worry everyone thinks they are protected enough by one shot and are tired of lockdowns, they are having sleepovers with kids, riding in cars together, etc, it will easily spread here as we are a hub for these outlying communities for shopping, healthcare, family, etc.
That's so encouraging. I hope they can keep that up so I can schedule my second shot before August 2nd.

Trying to use Halton website to book second dose, but our first was AZ. I was hoping they'd update their website at midnight, like they've done before, but no luck. :(

Yes, I found out when I stayed up to midnight to book my kids’ appointments that Halton changed their update to 3am. I wish Halton would just do it at 7 or 8 am like other regions instead of random hours in the middle of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter