Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
I got my 2nd vaccination last week. My first was Moderna, and my 2nd Pfizer.

The only reaction i had to my 2nd shot was a sore arm...same amount and duration of soreness as my Moderna shot, but early the day after my shot I also had some muscle pain in my armpit and along my side(length of ribcage). During a phone appointment with my doctor that day(for a different ailment) I told her about the different pain and she said that is not an unusual reaction to Pfizer.
Same, tonight we got Pfizer for second shot. First one was Moderna. So far just sore arm.

I was able to change my vote this morning.

DH and I went to get our second shot yesterday. We had AZ 8 weeks ago. I could have booked sooner, but I wanted to wait until the 8 week mark for us. We were able to pick either AZ or Pfizer. We picked Pfizer. I just don't have enough faith with the information from Health Canada about AZ, to get it again.

Now I should have LOTS of antibodies floating in my system :rotfl: From receiving AZ, then actually contracting covid, now getting the Pfizer. I have lots of antibodies of all different types in my system now. So far, I only have a very tender and sore arm. I can handle most side effects, but nausea. I'm a super big baby when it comes to nausea lol. I will act like a 3 yr old. So far so good!

I was able to change my vote this morning.

DH and I went to get our second shot yesterday. We had AZ 8 weeks ago. I could have booked sooner, but I wanted to wait until the 8 week mark for us. We were able to pick either AZ or Pfizer. We picked Pfizer. I just don't have enough faith with the information from Health Canada about AZ, to get it again.

Now I should have LOTS of antibodies floating in my system :rotfl: From receiving AZ, then actually contracting covid, now getting the Pfizer. I have lots of antibodies of all different types in my system now. So far, I only have a very tender and sore arm. I can handle most side effects, but nausea. I'm a super big baby when it comes to nausea lol. I will act like a 3 yr old. So far so good!
Yay! Hope you only have the sore arm. I hate nausea too.

Wife and i had our 2nd shots this morning;Pfizer after az for our first shots.I was surprised when he told me were done as i didn't feel a thing as we were talking.We were told the side effects should be worse than the first time.

Wife and i had our 2nd shots this morning;Pfizer after az for our first shots.I was surprised when he told me were done as i didn't feel a thing as we were talking.We were told the side effects should be worse than the first time.
That's funny I got pfizer after AZ last night and actually have less symtoms this time. I have a sore arm but I'm way less tires.

Had my 2nd AZ shot booked for late next week but by chance called my local pharmacy yesterday and they agreed to give me Pfizer today. Over the past few days have become more comfortable with the data supporting mixing vaccinations so decided to take the Pfizer as the earliest 2nd shot I could get. Also concerned that there is never any guarantee with pharmacy appointments that they will actually have vax available on the day. So 2nd vax this morning of Pfizer and relieved it is over. Bit of a sore arm but nothing terrible. Best wishes to all still hunting for your 2nd. Remember to make a few cold calls to your local pharmacies. Sometimes you get lucky.

And now I want to cry... don't get AZ for 2nd shot My appointment is tomorrow. I don't want to cancel it but I also do want to since it's for AZ and now they say you should mix and stop giving AZ as the second shot! WTH... why can't they just stick to a plan? I don't know what to do :sad::sad2:
I would recommend cancelling it and rescheduling. We are waiting on huge shipments and I honestly think you will get a second dose of something else soon . If they are recommending to stop giving it AGAIN I’m done with it completely. It’s too much back and forth . I had already decided to get Pfizer for dose two but I completely understand your frustration. I’m sorry . :hug:

I would recommend cancelling it and rescheduling. We are waiting on huge shipments and I honestly think you will get a second dose of something else soon . If they are recommending to stop giving it AGAIN I’m done with it completely. It’s too much back and forth . I had already decided to get Pfizer for dose two but I completely understand your frustration. I’m sorry . :hug:

And I had just cancelled a Moderna appointment for next month. It's just so frustrating!! I sent an email to the pharmacist (they said to do that rather than call) and will see if they reply, but likely cancel and keep hoping one of the wait lists I'm on comes through soon.

And now I want to cry... don't get AZ for 2nd shot My appointment is tomorrow. I don't want to cancel it but I also do want to since it's for AZ and now they say you should mix and stop giving AZ as the second shot! WTH... why can't they just stick to a plan? I don't know what to do :sad::sad2:

I can't love both of these statements enough.

I was beyond frustrated with the information from Health Canada regarding the AZ right from the beginning. We rushed to get our shot because shipments were sooooo delayed and that was all that was available and their rhetoric was to just take what is offered. I just feel that Health Canada was pushing to get a vaccine into arms, even though they were unsure of the implications it might cause after the fact. The mixed messaging about AZ just leaves me feeling unsettled.

Once I found out that we would be able to pick the vaccine we wanted to receive as our first dose (Alberta) there was no question in my mind about which one. With all the mixed messaging about AZ, that was not going to be the one I would pick.

Edited to say

@hdrolfe I see you found an appointment!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter