• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Tower decision and RIV restrictions

I think DVC will revisit the resale restrictions. RIV should have been sold out by now. It is a beautiful resort. The restrictions have kept many away. I will only buy it on resale - and not even sure about that.
Let's remember that we don't know when DVC wants Riviera sold out. I am sure they know that some prospective buyers like yourself have been kept away. If they wanted to sell it faster they could lower the price and keep the restrictions. But they don't.

Let's remember that we don't know when DVC wants Riviera sold out. I am sure they know that some prospective buyers like yourself have been kept away. If they wanted to sell it faster they could lower the price and keep the restrictions. But they don't.
They cleared VGF out like a sweater sale at Macy's ... they could do the same thing at RIV if they wanted to ... but they don't seem to want to ... maybe it's strategic, maybe it's just poor decision making ... those of us on the outside looking in, will never know the "why" behind some of the strange things that happen in DVC.

The different DVC people I talked to this week at the resorts,,,RIV and Poly…seemed to think it would be summer before we get any new info.
If it takes that long for the timeshare license modification or new license, how do they start sales and open in 2024? CFW is the shortest licensed to start of sales. October 12th is the date listed, but I believe it didn’t show up on the website until October 20. Sales started Feb 1.

Summer puts similar timeframe of sales starting in fall.

Maybe guides don’t have a clue that the timeshare license will reveal a great deal of information? For example, BPK was a modification of the VGF license.

They cleared VGF out like a sweater sale at Macy's ... they could do the same thing at RIV if they wanted to ... but they don't seem to want to ... maybe it's strategic, maybe it's just poor decision making ... those of us on the outside looking in, will never know the "why" behind some of the strange things that happen in DVC.
There are plausible explanations. Selling VGF at the same time as the Poly Tower (and the CFW) would mean selling three resorts in the same area - two of those next to each other - at the same time. Getting rid of one reduces confusion. RIV is in a different area, so there is no need to sell it off fast. So I see no need to assume poor decision making in this case.

If it takes that long for the timeshare license modification or new license, how do they start sales and open in 2024? CFW is the shortest licensed to start of sales. October 12th is the date listed, but I believe it didn’t show up on the website until October 20. Sales started Feb 1.

Summer puts similar timeframe of sales starting in fall.

Maybe guides don’t have a clue that the timeshare license will reveal a great deal of information? For example, BPK was a modification of the VGF license.

They may not but sonce the answer was pretty much the same, it might mean that is the info they have been given to share when asked.

I didn’t think we had any documents for CFW though until They were filed in December? Can you tell me how to find the one from October?

I think DVC will revisit the resale restrictions. RIV should have been sold out by now. It is a beautiful resort. The restrictions have kept many away. I will only buy it on resale - and not even sure about that. What i can see DVC doing is revisiting how the restrictions work. Seeing how they are all about the bottom line, I bet they may institute some sort of change fee to exchange within hte system for future resale buyers (including RIV)

Why would they have just added it again to CFW?

They may not but sonce the answer was pretty much the same, it might mean that is the info they have been given to share when asked.

I didn’t think we had any documents for CFW though until They were filed in December? Can you tell me how to find the one from October?
I am not at a computer to share the link. CFW timeshare license shows it showed an approval of October 12. Others had reported Oct 20, so I wonder if it was 8 days before it showed up on the government website? Note: It was around that same time people posted the CFW timeshare license was approved.

The Florida website for these licenses is a bit difficult to maneuver. I have a direct link to the licenses for Disney. They apparently refile every January as the licenses all show Jan 1 to 2025. (if I am remembering correctly).

From there, I copied the license for various DVC associations and could see the original dates. VGF license showed an additional date for the BPK addition. I didn’t think to look at SSR dates (THV addition) or AKV (Kidani addition)

Nice part is Florida even shows out of state licenses (HHI, VB, AUL, GCV, and VDH).

Edit: here is a link to DVCnews article showing story they had at that time. Dated October 13
https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/ft-...eshare-license-to-sell-fort-wilderness-cabins

I am not at a computer to share the link. CFW timeshare license shows it showed an approval of October 12. Others had reported Oct 20, so I wonder if it was 8 days before it showed up on the government website? Note: It was around that same time people posted the CFW timeshare license was approved.

The Florida website for these licenses is a bit difficult to maneuver. I have a direct link to the licenses for Disney. They apparently refile every January as the licenses all show Jan 1 to 2025. (if I am remembering correctly).

From there, I copied the license for various DVC associations and could see the original dates. VGF license showed an additional date for the BPK addition. I didn’t think to look at SSR dates (THV addition) or AKV (Kidani addition)

Nice part is Florida even shows out of state licenses (HHI, VB, AUL, GCV, and VDH).

Edit: here is a link to DVCnews article showing story they had at that time. Dated October 13
https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/ft-...eshare-license-to-sell-fort-wilderness-cabins
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=2&search=Name&SID=&brd=&typ= It's the Florida DBPR they regulate the Timeshare sector. It is a very cumbersome website. I did stumble across Poly by accident. I found the cabins the date shown here is 10/20/23

Attachments

• IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7801.jpeg
    IMG_7801.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=2&search=Name&SID=&brd=&typ= It's the Florida DBPR they regulate the Timeshare sector. It is a very cumbersome website. I did stumble across Poly by accident. I found the cabins the date shown here is 10/20/23

A number of the licenses expire in April of 2024 (it looks like they have start dates of 2015 so maybe they're only good for 9 years?)

What's interesting is Riviera's issued in November of 2019 right before they opened. I guess they don't need a large lead time with them.

I found it, but honestly, I don’t know how this process works 🤷🏼‍♀️ so I don’t know what all of these different licenses are for. It does date back to 10/12/23

Attachments

• IMG_7819.jpeg
    IMG_7819.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 31
Here is the website but solely focused on Disney licenses. From this list, you can use the specific license to look at each resorts.
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=2361077IMG_3427.jpeg

I believe we will either see PVB updated to reflect an addition (like VGF with BPK addition) or we will see a completely new timeshare. Not patiently waiting because I believe it should be filed very soon if the tower will open in 2024 as Disney claims.

Notice VGF has a component site that show 6/16/2022 effective date…which I believe is the BPK addition to the association.

Last edited:
Here is the website but solely focused on Disney licenses. From this list, you can use the specific license to look at each resorts.
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=2361077View attachment 834642

I believe we will either see PVB updated to reflect an addition (like VGF with BPK addition) or we will see a completely new timeshare. Not patiently waiting because I believe it should be filed very soon if the tower will open in 2024 as Disney claims.

Notice VGF has a component site that show 6/16/2022 effective date…which I believe is the BPK addition to the association.
Thank you! I am also not patiently waiting, because I’m oddly obsessed with knowing how this turns out. We do hope to buy more Poly, just waiting to read the fine print before we decide to write that check. Tower FOMO is real

This made me laugh EXCEPT now they have zero Direct points for some reason. Something seems off.

Just because they say they are sold out and won’t sell does not mean they don’t have any.

It just means that they don’t want to sell whatever ones they own over the minimum they must retain. So, they do have points, just not ones they want to sell

Also, just for a fun side note, does anyone else think that there is room for Disney to use the new restaurant space for an enhanced Trader Sams? I tried to go last week, got there an hour before signups and STILL got a 3 hour wait estimate... :crazy2: Since Disney wasnt afraid to remove the luau, it makes me wonder if they wouldnt hesitate to move a spot that already sells tons of drinks/food, even though its iconic for some PVB fans.
If they add a cool bar which they probably will, it will help. I see a bar high in the air that will dominate in the future.

When I got the notification that there was activity on this thread all I could think of was the office. Waiting for this Poly paperwork is like waiting for someone you know to go into labor 😴

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpeg
    IMG_8014.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 16
If they add a cool bar which they probably will, it will help. I see a bar high in the air that will dominate in the future.
There has been some activity on the old Tangaroa Terrace. The comptroller lists it as a change of ownership 🤷🏼‍♀️ but offers no details. The DBPR shows that it was recently inspected. Who knows? Maybe they are going to repurpose it.

There has been some activity on the old Tangaroa Terrace. The comptroller lists it as a change of ownership 🤷🏼‍♀️ but offers no details. The DBPR shows that it was recently inspected. Who knows? Maybe they are going to repurpose it.
Was Tangaroa Terrace the restaurant next to the arcade in the 80s?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter