Polynesian Resale Listings

As someone who’s in the exploratory phase with addonitis, despite having not used any of recent first time VGF direct points from last year 😜 yet, I’ve been watching these contracts disappear and scratching my head. I’ll add more points eventually and maybe even at the Poly but not at these prices. Also curious what the point cost will be too.

To be clear though, the one listed for $209 is just an asking price and is about $40 higher than the next highest available contract. I think it's more of a fishing expedition at this point and seems doubtful that it will sell for that. But prices are definitely trending up with the lack of supply.
And less than 24 hours later $209 is listed as offer accepted. So, shut my mouth!

And less than 24 hours later $209 is listed as offer accepted. So, shut my mouth!
I saw that! I think that’s the third or fourth contract that’s gone for over $200 this week.. all have been listed as ‘firm’ price!! The average resale prices will be nuts for May!

I saw that! I think that’s the third or fourth contract that’s gone for over $200 this week.. all have been listed as ‘firm’ price!! The average resale prices will be nuts for May!
Husband is getting a ton of kudos for doing a surprise Poly add on last fall to support my running addiction. He had no clue how smart he was.

Good man. . .

Since they have just announced that the tower will open in December with DVC bookings to start in June, expect the prices to go higher in anticipation. The tower will probably open at $275 a point, but I expect some rather good discounts to start.

Since they have just announced that the tower will open in December with DVC bookings to start in June, expect the prices to go higher in anticipation. The tower will probably open at $275 a point, but I expect some rather good discounts to start.
DVC ~members~ will be the first to be able to book ~for cash~ in June. We don’t technically know the points chart, points on sale date, or date point stays can be booked, as that depends on declared inventory.

I recall hearing that when BPK was converted to VGF, that the resale market went crazy, but then direct sales prices after discount came down to less than people paid in the resale frenzy. Be careful buying PVB now, because while I do think we’re in for some high point charts and high pricing, there’s going to be a lot more supply in a few months than there is now.

To be clear though, the one listed for $209 is just an asking price and is about $40 higher than the next highest available contract. I think it's more of a fishing expedition at this point and seems doubtful that it will sell for that. But prices are definitely trending up with the lack of supply.
The listing does say only a full price offer will be accepted so that means the offer was accepted at full price. DVC Resale Market will not even present an offer under full asking price if that is a stipulation on the listing.

I’m sorry, but people buying resale right now are being taken for a ride.

It’s highly likely incentives will start to come in below at the rate we are going. DVD clearly wanted to create another VGF like opening where direct actually seemed like a ‘deal’. Then ironically a year from now direct sales will struggle as it competes against its own falling resale market. Congrats to DVD though, they are achieving their goals on this one.

This is going to become a major, major sized resort. Bigger than OKW. With half of its membership starting to hit the selling 8-10 year selling threshold.

Unlike VGC, there’s a 8+ million points resort inbound.

Poly resale prices over the years suffered from strong 7 month window availability. For discussions on which resort to buy Poly regularly got knocked out due to relatively easy trade in. That perception seems to be changing now. People think the tower may be hard to book and the long houses might get harder if the resort becomes even more glorious.

Poly is benefitting from the current hype. Lower point charts at other resorts look more attractive to new buyers, especially without the context, but now it’s hard to miss the conversation around what Poly has to offer.

So I think we have a mix of previously depressed Poly pricing and surge of new interest. Both pushing upward on price.

Might be a tempting time for Poly owners to sell but how many want to give up booking the tower 😁

Poly resale prices over the years suffered from strong 7 month window availability. For discussions on which resort to buy Poly regularly got knocked out due to relatively easy trade in. That perception seems to be changing now. People think the tower may be hard to book and the long houses might get harder if the resort becomes even more glorious.
I suspect the Towers will be near-impossible to book for more than a day or two at 7 months. That's going to continue for a while.

I also suspect existing PVB will be chasing after the Tower too, so won't that make the longhouses just as easy to book at 7 months as they are now?

I suspect the Towers will be near-impossible to book for more than a day or two at 7 months. That's going to continue for a while.

I also suspect existing PVB will be chasing after the Tower too, so won't that make the longhouses just as easy to book at 7 months as they are now?
I think initially, while the declared units at the tower remain on the lower side, the availablity of PVB current rooms will remain as easy as they are today because you will have some of those owners wanting tower rooms.

There are 4 million points day one eligible to book the tower rooms when it opens for points booking. Even if only 25% of current owners want to book those rooms, thats still an extra million points chasing the rooms.

I do not see them doing what they did with BPK and declaring 50% of the rooms from the start, with the other 50% declard at opening because these rooms, at least IMO, will have good number of cash guests wanting to stay in them.

So, I definitely agree that those of us who might want to try the 1 or 2 bedrooms at 7 months are going to have a tough time until the entire project is declared....the only good thing for me is that we usually split stay and only 2 or 3 nights at each so I might have a shot to try it in 2025!

Ducks are quacking; feed ‘em. I’m old enough to remember the VGC panic buying frenzy that happened last year when VDH tax was announced. VGC catapulted +$80 from $240/250s to $320/330s.

Not even a year later and it’s $239.

These will be the best Poly resale prices you’ll see as a seller. Not sure why buyers are falling over themselves when inventory is well on the way.

nope...its missing a 3 Bedroom GV
Correct, missing that one. However, it has duo studios, longhouse studios, tower studios, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse 2BR, and bungalows making 7 different room types. From the blueprint @Jwaire found last September, I believe there were also dedicated 2BR vs lockoff.

Combined with views, guessing the following 15 booking room/categories.
  • Standard view duo studio.
  • Lake view duo studio.
  • Standard view longhouse studio.
  • Lake view longhouse studio.
  • Standard view tower studio.
  • Lake view tower studio.
  • Standard view tower 1BR.
  • Lake view tower 1BR.
  • Standard view tower dedicated 2BR
  • Standard view tower lockoff 2BR
  • Lake view tower dedicated 2BR
  • Lake view tower lockoff 2BR
  • Standard view penthouse 2BR
  • Lake view penthouse 2BR
  • Lakeview bungalows.

It isn’t just Polynesian that seems to be drying up; the aggregator sites are showing about 10% fewer contracts than a few weeks ago even. This might be an annualized effect based off dues and tax returns, but I got nervous enough about it that I slightly overpaid on a contract at Bay Lake because I worried nothing better might come along in my use year. It isn’t the end of the world, but I wonder what the market is up to. Polynesian looks very different than when I started following these things around February, however.
Yes, DVC prices and contract availability are both seasonal. In general, prices fall in the winter and as dues come due, and resale availability rises. Then in the spring and summer people come back from trips with their school aged kids and buy up the contracts, raising prices and depleting the market somewhat. Sometimes other factors disrupt the trend, but that’s true most years.
This would be great data to have for a prospective buyer or seller, but to my original question I guess the data doesn't exist - unless one of these sites allows you to view listings from previous months. Based on my memory though, I would say 90% of Poly contracts have been scooped up since the beginning of the year!
Well, data for actual sales prices does exist. You can pull it yourself from the OC database or leverage the various people who do it themselves and publish summaries on the internet.

It’s such an interesting thought exercise.

Except for the 2 years after the pandemic closure, when there was a points glut being worked through systemwide, poly availability at 7 months is/was a given 8 months a year, for both studios and bungalows.

The assumption is/was that owners were trading to 1 and 2 bedrooms elsewhere, freeing up points.

That’s probably right.

So you build a tower with a whole bunch of 1 and 2 bedrooms.
That will create rooms for the existing owners to stay in at their home resort, so potentially they’ll trade out fewer points.

It will also create a whole bunch of new owners, who like most owners, will mostly - but not entirely - want to stay in studios. That could further put pressure on the existing studios - or the new studios and lockoffs going in to the tower will be sufficient for those guests, it will be well balanced, and in total it will be a wash.

The actual room breakdown is so important. I’m so curious.

I actually think Poly has a problem where point reallocation is going to deflate bungalows and inflate the cheap studios.

I actually think Poly has a problem where point reallocation is going to deflate bungalows and inflate the cheap studios.
setting aside the fact that they’d get sued 7 ways to Sunday by their members, what would the business case even be for Disney to make that swap? How does it make them more money? Or enough to bother?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter