Pool Sharing - Group DVC Stay

Golfjbc89

Mouseketeer
I have a 2 family trip upcoming in September. Since we booked a different times we are staying in different resorts. One family is in VGF and the other is at BLT. We would like to hang out together at the pool together. I've read about pool hopping, but this is just a family vacation that wants to be together. Is this possible?

Pool hopping is currently suspended. When it was available there was an extensive list of what pools are never allowed. Here is the statement on the DVC website.

• Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
    • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
    • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
    • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
    • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
    • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
    • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

I have a 2 family trip upcoming in September. Since we booked a different times we are staying in different resorts. One family is in VGF and the other is at BLT. We would like to hang out together at the pool together. I've read about pool hopping, but this is just a family vacation that wants to be together. Is this possible?
I'd read through this (now closed) thread from last week. A bit contentious at times, but lays things out reasonably well...

Pool Hopping - a real perk?

Hopefully this one doesn't end up a continuation of THAT debate.

Thank for sharing, helpful!
My two cents is this: pools are reserved for the use of registered hotel guests only. That's the written rule (at least on the signs peppered around every pool). HOWEVER, if one was to ask politely at the front desk directly (speaking to an actual on-site resort CM rather than the call center), access MIGHT be granted on a case-by-case basis, depending on whatever factors each resort might consider.

Use the Contemporary pool since Grand is not allowed on both sides.

As already mentioned, pool hopping is suspended at this time. Even if it were not, both BLT pool, and VGF pools...both of them...are on the list of pools not eligible.

Does either party have room to add the entire other party to their room reservation? If so, everyone could be on the reservation for one (or both) resorts and then be eligible for the same pool(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter