Pop Century Post Refurbishments - Tub or Shower, Queens or King?

Delete, please. I unintentionally used inaccurate information.

Last edited:

Ok, so I can't remember what room number I stayed in last summer... But it was for sure this room! We got a newly renovated room with a king bed and a shower. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the room number, but I know it had the number 8 in front and it was in the 90s section. Maybe someone can verify what room number is circled in the picture below to help with your post because that was the room we stayed in. (I won't be able to double check until July when I'm back at Pop Century.) I promise I'll take a picture of my room number this time!
View attachment 319033

Did you delete or permanently
delete your email of your folio they send you at the end of your stay? If it's still in your email it shows your room #.
I tend to keep my emails from Disney to reflect back on for price/room/ how much I spent if I used Mickey band etc lol
I think I still have their last 2 texts saying my room is ready and the room # too :tongue::tongue:

According to the existing TP room finder for POP no upper floor kings were in building 8 - so either they changed layouts after all - you are sure there was just the one bed without a Murphy up against the wall? Odd they would change esp for a standard

According to the existing TP room finder for POP no upper floor kings were in building 8 - so either they changed layouts after all - you are sure there was just the one bed without a Murphy up against the wall? Odd they would change esp for a standard

I believe there are a number of errors in touringnplans room finder. It could also be their mistake. I don’t have any facts on this specifically though

I believe there are a number of errors in touringnplans room finder. It could also be their mistake. I don’t have any facts on this specifically though
I don't believe Touring Plans has been updated since the refurbishments have started. It's part of the reason I wanted to start this here to hopefully help people who have a preference.

I'm guessing once the refurbishments are complete that Touring Plans will update their website.

Does anyone have a photo of what the shower looks like in the shower only rooms?

I wish I'd thought to take a picture with the doors the other way (showing the shower heads) but this is what I have. We LOVED it!!

01de63121f19d835640d6e0248eed77f47144bab31_thumb

Thanks for posting the picture! Is there a removable shower head? My teenage daughter is developmentally disabled (not physically) and needs assistance with bathing. Trying to figure out if a tub (what we are used to) or a shower with removable head would be easier.

Does anyone know if they started renovating the preferred pool view rooms yet - buildings 4 and 5?

Quick suggestion for this summary (but totally understand if it's no do-able):

Any chance we could have headers as to what buildings these rooms are in?
That way people could know what groupings to check out at a glance

ex
Hey Pop Fans!!

We’re finding some of the room layouts have changed post 2017/2018 room refurbishments.

Let’s use this space to gather information and I will keep this first post updated with all submitted information. (Please enter information ONLY for refurbished rooms, not old rooms.)

Please provide:
- Room number
- 2 Queen or 1 King bed
- Tub or shower only?

Tub infers rainhead and handheld shower included also.

(Please see this post for all other room refurbishment chatter and updates: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/ )

Results:
0107, 2 Queens, Tub
0108, 2 Queens, Tub
0315, 2 Queens, Tub
0345, 2 Queens, Tub
0349, 2 Queens, Tub
0408, 2 Queens, Tub
0435, 2 Queens, Shower
0448, 2 Queens, Tub

5256, 2 Queens, Shower

6105, 2 Queens, Tub
6120, 2 Queens, Tub
6203, 1 King, Shower
6217, 2 Queens, Shower only
6227, 2 Queens, Shower only
6356, 2 Queens, Shower only
6360, 2 Queens, Shower only
6415, 2 Queens, Shower only
6436, 2 Queens, Tub

7332, 2 Queens, Tub
7458, 2 Queens, Shower only
7471, 2 Queens, Tub

8160, 2 Queens, Shower only
8171, 2 Queens, Tub
8243, 2 Queens, Tub
8305, 2 Queens, Tub
8316, 2 Queens, Tub
8415, 2 Queens, Shower
8444, 2 Queens, Tub
8461, 2 Queens, Tub

9143, 2 Queens, Tub
9329, 2 Queens, Tub
9411, 2 Queens, Tub
9413, 2 Queens, Tub

(updated through Post #52)

Thanks for posting the picture! Is there a removable shower head? My teenage daughter is developmentally disabled (not physically) and needs assistance with bathing. Trying to figure out if a tub (what we are used to) or a shower with removable head would be easier.
Yes, there is a rain shower head plus a removable shower head. You can select for the water to come from either one or both at the same time. They are very easy to adjust. We liked the shower so much that I considered replacing my shower head at home!

Does anyone know if they started renovating the preferred pool view rooms yet - buildings 4 and 5?
Both buildings are complete.

Quick suggestion for this summary (but totally understand if it's no do-able):

Any chance we could have headers as to what buildings these rooms are in?
That way people could know what groupings to check out at a glance

ex
I will update although it's fairly simple. The first number of the 4 represents what building it's in. 1111 = Building 1. The one exception is that those which start with a 0 are building 10. I will add a map at the bottom of the list which shows where rooms are located. The map also indicates where each category of room is found within the resort. Thanks for the suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter