• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop or Movies?

tsabs22

Earning My Ears
5 night trip Sept 3-8.
2 adults and 1 infant(1 yr 9 months)

Pop Century Preferred room with 4 day park hopper plus and free dining.

Or

All Star Movies preferred room with 3 day park hopper plus. No dining

Just stayed at Pop for a week back in April. We loved it.

Difference in price between the two is about $500. We love the looks of Movies and know my son would love exploring the resort but we are obsessed with the new refurbished rooms. And I’m not positive Movies preferred will be done by September. Any advice?

I think you will be fine with either!

STRICTLY looking at the resorts: While I have multiple stays at each one, I give the edge to Movies as it has 1,000 fewer rooms and therefore fewer people ....

BUT for an extra day AND free dining, I"d stick with Pop.

POP has a beautiful Lake(well, when they aren't building a Skyliner it does!lol) and that puts it above the All-Stars to me.:)

I would choose POP based on bus service - the All-Stars share buses frequently and that adds lots of transport time especially as Movies is the last stop on combined runs.

For me, the question would be if I would spend 500.00 OOP on food if I went with All Star. If the answer is no, then try Movies. If the answer is yes, that you would spend more than 500.00 on food for your stay then I would stick with Pop.

Pop- extra day, dining taken care of (and likely to make up for most of the $500 difference), and no shared buses. If the $500 is make or break I don't think it would be bad to stay at Movies, but if you can swing it, I think the additional benefits at pop will make it better.

Definitely Pop. I prefer this resort, you get an extra day in the parks, and a refurbished room.

Thanks for all the replies. I’m gonna stick with original plans of Pop. Can’t pass up the refurbished room with free dining.

Just had my first stay at Movies last week. It was fine, but I would definitely choose Pop over Movies any day!

As others pointed out, Pop bus service is better, as it's not sharing buses with other resorts as Movies does most of the time.

Another factor in favor of Pop: Depending on where your room is at Pop, you can save some time at night returning to your room by taking an AA bus back from the park and walking across the bridge from AA to Pop. DW and I watch for either an AA bus or a Pop and take whichever comes sooner or is less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter